Sony MDR V150 custom
Dec 1, 2010 at 6:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Abovetheair

100+ Head-Fier
Hello headfi,

I have seen threads of custom cans and what not (recently the purple grados). I have a pair of unused V150s laying around that I think I'm going to customize. What colors should I do, do not suggest anything like the barney colored ones here. I would like a darker color. Once I choose I will make the mods and post pictueres.

Dec 1, 2010 at 7:39 PM Post #5 of 9
You could also do what i did and stick some portapro drivers in them sounds great but i made a huge hole in them and use comfy pads on them :)
and +1 for the chrome!

Dec 1, 2010 at 8:16 PM Post #6 of 9
I sanded out the emblem, I decided a Tan/black look. It will proboally turn out awful due to my lack of experience.

Quote:
You could also do what i did and stick some portapro drivers in them sounds great but i made a huge hole in them and use comfy pads on them :)
and +1 for the chrome!

Dec 1, 2010 at 8:50 PM Post #7 of 9
Hahahahaha it can't turn out any worse than what I did check my albums to see a few pictures of them (neon blue on black doesnt look too good >.<)
Theyll work for now until i save up for some m50's
biggrin.gif

Dec 1, 2010 at 9:12 PM Post #8 of 9
I couldn't find the album with them. I wanted to do a black and red ring look, problem is I do not know how to make a perfect circle with my supplies.

Quote:
Hahahahaha it can't turn out any worse than what I did check my albums to see a few pictures of them (neon blue on black doesnt look too good >.<)
Theyll work for now until i save up for some m50's
biggrin.gif

Dec 2, 2010 at 9:44 PM Post #9 of 9
I have done it, pictures will be up tomarrow. I'm adding my final touches, also I will be modding these headphones if I get a Best Buy gift card for Christmas. I am going to extend the cups and place Koss Portapro Drivers in them. Also I have made a different kind of mod to mine that helps out the mids a ton, just remove the felt in between the drivers and your ears. Another mod is reversing the pads for these headphones, the difference these mods make are great. Now they don't sound like any of my other headphones but that is fine. I will use these on campus, they should work great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back