Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread
Oct 14, 2013 at 10:48 AM Post #423 of 2,677
I just received my MA900's today....and the first time i played a song, a stupid (happy) smile come to my face...wow!

For someone like me that never had a decent headphones....what a great sound!!!!

Yay... another convert. :D

Spread the love!

Matt, I dunno, what I said sounds correct too...

Everyone else benefits from having the resistors... is what I mean on the last line.

Oct 14, 2013 at 12:21 PM Post #424 of 2,677
Wow, I was actually the one who won the auction, I can't believe they were sold for $85 before.

Now you just made me feel like if i've just been ripped off. haha

They just came today and so far I'm really digging them, the comfort is really good and best thing of all is now my ears won't sweat at all with these on. However, they do move quite a lot around my head due to the large cups and low clampling force.

Btw these guy who is selling them just posted another one for sale, he, as the other seller list them as "new" but mine came with the security seal on the top open and the box a little beaten up, apart from that they were in pretty good condition.

Oh, I somehow got a second chance offer but I went straight talking to the seller. And he said can do $125 shipped to Canada. Later said cant do Paypal invoice directly because eBay wouldn't let him. Then he said he will post something and I need to buy right away. I did that and end up had to pay a little extra and for that new stupid third party prepaid import fee. Worked out to be 150 bucks shipped. Still cheaper than the terminator guy's.

I guess that's how some stuff on eBay got sold instantly. By talking to the seller and he posts something and you buy it now right away.

This guy communication is much better. Instant replies.

So I am back in the "waiting" game. Report back with pictures when I receive.

Oh got the o2 and odac. So far sounded the same as the xonar stx. But then again I put stuff on iPhone and cranked volume up and sounded similar. Same detail amount. Guess iPhone 3GS is not that bad. Oh well at least i look cool at work as the only guy with 2 external boxes plugged into a headphone and to computer.

I like the Dolby and 7.1 surround shifter feature on the xonar card. Is there a software to control the odac to have bass boost? Turning on hi-fi mode on the stx will sound same as the o2 and odac. Got it at mayflower. Seems like a honest guy and good communication. Need to spend more time with these.

Oct 14, 2013 at 11:18 PM Post #425 of 2,677
befere i impulse buy ma900...

1) does sony sell replaceable stock earpads?
2) if not, are there aftermarket earpads that can fit ma900?

i wouldnt wanna trash a perfect working headphone if earpads go bad.

Oct 15, 2013 at 9:44 AM Post #426 of 2,677
befere i impulse buy ma900...

1) does sony sell replaceable stock earpads?
2) if not, are there aftermarket earpads that can fit ma900?

i wouldnt wanna trash a perfect working headphone if earpads go bad.

Someone mentions in this thread about buying pads or being able to buy pads from Sony.
Might be worth reading/searching this thread before jumping in.

I honestly don't see it as an issue, there is so little clamp put on that the earpads should last a long time. They act more as a loose guide to keep the headphones on your ear.
I might buy a pair to have but It is a very minor worry for me.

Oh and someone has used other pads but commented on how they effect the ss negatively. Once again search is your friend.

Oct 15, 2013 at 10:13 AM Post #428 of 2,677
And they're removable, so you can gently wash them in the sink and air dry.

Oct 16, 2013 at 3:46 AM Post #432 of 2,677
Wow, I had no idea an appreciation thread even existed for these. Yay!

Oct 16, 2013 at 6:55 AM Post #434 of 2,677
Lachlan, what's next for you?

Right now it's heads down for Uni work hah. Then I have a bunch of gear on me atm that I have to actually review so I can sell it :p

But when the dust settles as far as open headphones go I'd really like to try the Beyerdynamic T90 or the Sennheiser HD700 :3

Oct 16, 2013 at 11:17 AM Post #435 of 2,677
Hey everyone, after reading alot of positive impressions of the Sony Mdr-ma900, i have decided that these are going to be mine! :p
Also a little influenced by ''Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide'' as it seems to be exactly what i am looking for.

However as i was scouring webshops, i noticed something strange about how the Sony MDR-Ma900 is listed in the few webshops that have it in my country..   
They are listed specifically as this: Sony MDR-MA900 B-STOCK.

I havent noticed the mention of ''B-STOCK'' anywhere else....   does the imply anything??? Or is it safe for me to go ahead and order them??

This is my first post on these forums and i'm pretty new to all this so sorry if i'm asking a stupid question ^^;

Origin-88

Users who are viewing this thread

Back