Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread
Sep 27, 2013 at 5:53 PM Post #346 of 2,677
Sep 28, 2013 at 12:28 AM Post #347 of 2,677

Well when I wrote that he was a "tad defensive" it was because in reply, he stated that he'd sent them already and that if I received the first pair I should send them back to him. Yeah...right. I recognize bs when I smell it, so I ignored his comment. A 2 day tracking number was then posted within a few hours and goods were received three days later. Incidentally, I ordered using an eBay account that was almost brand new (unlike shared account with my wife) so perhaps I looked like a sucker.

Maybe it's just me, but if I'm paying $15 for shipping and it's 2 days late and there's no tracking number, I'm always going to open a report with eBay right away. It's not an issue for him as long as he sorts it out. Once the goods are received, mark the report as resolved. Look after yourself and don't worry about him.

I am seriously pissed off right now.

I bought it on sept 7th. and I asked seller what happened to the tracking number and "mark as shipped" a week after buying. and got the answer a week after that saying:

<hi,
have you receive the item yet? we drop the package off and been waiting for a tracking number from USPS but we still not receive the tracking number, I was wondering if they delivered it without a tracking number, please let me know so I can proceed with a claim.>

then I said ok let's wait til this Friday which will make it 20 days. I asked him isn't tracking number you get right away and when he sent it out. no answer whatsoever. such a pain to deal with.

I just messaged this guy again saying he better deal with this before I report to ebay or paypal. 8 years ebay never seen seller like this.

now realize when people say "when something is too good to be true it probably is"

Sep 28, 2013 at 8:07 AM Post #349 of 2,677

I bought it on sept 7th. and I asked seller what happened to the tracking number and "mark as shipped" a week after buying. and got the answer a week after that saying:

<hi,
have you receive the item yet? we drop the package off and been waiting for a tracking number from USPS but we still not receive the tracking number, I was wondering if they delivered it without a tracking number, please let me know so I can proceed with a claim.>

then I said ok let's wait til this Friday which will make it 20 days. I asked him isn't tracking number you get right away and when he sent it out. no answer whatsoever. such a pain to deal with.

I just messaged this guy again saying he better deal with this before I report to ebay or paypal. 8 years ebay never seen seller like this.

now realize when people say "when something is too good to be true it probably is"

I bought from ebay and had a little trouble but got mine finally. Who did you order from? I'll get out the torches and pitchforks. 

Sep 28, 2013 at 12:24 PM Post #351 of 2,677
I bought from ebay and had a little trouble but got mine finally. Who did you order from? I'll get out the torches and pitchforks. 

Seller called "xterminator07"

Only $140 usd.

Sep 28, 2013 at 12:36 PM Post #352 of 2,677

<hi,

I got mine from Extemnator as well,
He takes his time on shipping
E-mails are slow
But I did get the headphones,& they do look new

Considering the price,a few extra days on delivery,not the end of the world.
I gave him a positive feedback--probably the finest headphones,I bought at that price,since I joined head-fi,,they have been running for the last 3 days.

TNX to MLE & Matt

Sep 28, 2013 at 1:06 PM Post #353 of 2,677

<hi,

Sorry to hear that.  Of course that tracking number story he gave you is a lie. He may well have taken more orders than he could fill, and he's delaying until he gets his hands on more refurbs or whatnot. Don't mean to be a broken record but just file a report with eBay and he'll find some stock for you.

Sep 28, 2013 at 1:18 PM Post #355 of 2,677
  Sorry to hear that.  Of course that tracking number story he gave you is a lie. He may well have taken more orders than he could fill, and he's delaying until he gets his hands on more refurbs or whatnot. Don't mean to be a broken record but just file a report with eBay and he'll find some stock for you.

Hey,ZY,
Do you have any proof of your claims?

Lies???--how do you know this?
Refurbs???
Even e-bay will require you to wait a few more days,before you file a claim..
Don't be in such a hurry to bury this guy...
Negative feedback on e-bay ,affects both seller & buyer.

Take a pill & go to your room!!

Sep 28, 2013 at 3:51 PM Post #356 of 2,677

Hey,ZY,
Do you have any proof of your claims?

Lies???--how do you know this?
Refurbs???
Even e-bay will require you to wait a few more days,before you file a claim..
Don't be in such a hurry to bury this guy...
Negative feedback on e-bay ,affects both seller & buyer.

Take a pill & go to your room!!

Nah, I think I'll stay outside and enjoy the beautiful day :) 

Not trying to upset the applecart or anything but this poor guy has been waiting 20 days for his headphones and I'd much rather show my support to a member of this community than worry about the seller's feelings. As I stated before, the statements and tone that the seller made to this fellow are all too similar to those that he made to me. Headphones shipped priority post, but no tracking number? Yeah, I can't say for certain what that means, but I'm not going to suddenly support him just because I have my product. I've heard it all over the years.."oh he's busy," "he has a day job," "he's out of town," "he's got so many emails you need to give him time to get back to you."  Well, a good seller doesn't over promise on delivery time for one thing, and secondly, based on the number of items for sale, it's not that hard to drop by the post office and send off a shipment the day after taking an order.

I really fail to see how simply filing a report and then closing it as resolved if the product finally arrives is such a big deal.  EBay most certainly does not require this buyer to wait any longer to file a report.  He was well within his rights to file it several days after the promised delivery date. I didn't mention anything about negative feedback for the seller, though of course eBay's rating system is inherently stacked in favor of sellers and could probably use a tweak or two.

Finally, I don't know if they're refurbs, hence I suggested that as a possibility and included the "...or whatnot" proviso. I'm not going to hold my breath in anticipation of a libel suit :)  I did note that the shipment was insured for $50, but of course that could mean any number of things. I do know that I ultimately got some very fine headphones in a box that was a bit beat up, and I paid far less than the most recent, discounted price I could get on Sony, even from their discount outlets where some of these phones now lie, so I gladly revel in their huge soundstage.

Sep 28, 2013 at 10:41 PM Post #358 of 2,677
  Nah, I think I'll stay outside and enjoy the beautiful day :) 

Not trying to upset the applecart or anything but this poor guy has been waiting 20 days for his headphones and I'd much rather show my support to a member of this community than worry about the seller's feelings. As I stated before, the statements and tone that the seller made to this fellow are all too similar to those that he made to me. Headphones shipped priority post, but no tracking number? Yeah, I can't say for certain what that means, but I'm not going to suddenly support him just because I have my product. I've heard it all over the years.."oh he's busy," "he has a day job," "he's out of town," "he's got so many emails you need to give him time to get back to you."  Well, a good seller doesn't over promise on delivery time for one thing, and secondly, based on the number of items for sale, it's not that hard to drop by the post office and send off a shipment the day after taking an order.

I really fail to see how simply filing a report and then closing it as resolved if the product finally arrives is such a big deal.  EBay most certainly does not require this buyer to wait any longer to file a report.  He was well within his rights to file it several days after the promised delivery date. I didn't mention anything about negative feedback for the seller, though of course eBay's rating system is inherently stacked in favor of sellers and could probably use a tweak or two.

Finally, I don't know if they're refurbs, hence I suggested that as a possibility and included the "...or whatnot" proviso. I'm not going to hold my breath in anticipation of a libel suit :)  I did note that the shipment was insured for $50, but of course that could mean any number of things. I do know that I ultimately got some very fine headphones in a box that was a bit beat up, and I paid far less than the most recent, discounted price I could get on Sony, even from their discount outlets where some of these phones now lie, so I gladly revel in their huge soundstage.

ZY,
20 days-Jesus
I owe you an apology--wasn't aware you were waiting so long

The outer box of my headphones did have some wear,so,maybe they were not "new",as described, but being that the price was $140- ,I went for it anyway.
Enjoy your Sony's ,again my apologies for being rude

Sep 29, 2013 at 9:17 AM Post #359 of 2,677
ZY,
20 days-Jesus
I owe you an apology--wasn't aware you were waiting so long

The outer box of my headphones did have some wear,so,maybe they were not "new",as described, but being that the price was $140- ,I went for it anyway.
Enjoy your Sony's ,again my apologies for being rude

No it's me who waited 20 days. I am in Canada but still I got stuff from hk for less time than that. USA never more than 2 weeks.

After i sent him an email that was angry guy replied pretty quickly and says can refund. I said I want my headphones. Not about money. He said need to talk to his "superior" on monday on whether can send out another one. Lol.

Yeah if you think about it some people don't bother opening the boxes for stuff nicely this explain the rip on zx's box, indication it maybe refurbish. But let's hope it's not refurb. This guy doesn't seem honest so when he say new it may not be. Seems to all be in great working condition that's all it matters.

Will communicate with him on Monday and then if not sent again I will report to eBay.

Sep 29, 2013 at 9:21 AM Post #360 of 2,677
You know, my box from the same guy was ripped a bit. I guess it could be refurb. There were not marks whatsoever on the hp's themselves which would indicate new. $60 off on a $200 hp is a fairly large price cut. Hmm...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back