Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread
Apr 4, 2014 at 1:01 AM Post #1,126 of 2,677

So... I am really impressed my the MA900.  With the right amplification, yhey are right up there with the best I've heard. :)  Unbelievable at this price!!

It really makes my curious about other Sony cans. :)  Can you guys compare it with the Sony 1R?

Love,
Walfredo

The only Sony can that sounds really good is the Sony 7520. But it's closed.

Well, the MA900 is really, really good to my hears. :)

Apr 4, 2014 at 10:57 PM Post #1,129 of 2,677
Has anyone heard the old MDR-F1?  If so, can you compare it to the MA900?

Apr 5, 2014 at 3:30 AM Post #1,130 of 2,677
FWIR, the F1 is a lot dryer, and treble oriented. I may be wrong (probably). In any case, I recall someone telling me the MA900 is more musical and pleasing.

Apr 7, 2014 at 4:01 PM Post #1,131 of 2,677
3 questions:

1) How much leak am i suppose to expect with these? i'm planning on buying these and using them late at night when everybody are sleeping... no one in my room but i'm afraid of disturbing people.
2) How much contact does it makes with the ear itself? (not around the ear but the ear itself)
3)Any deals on those besides the German Amazon site? they will only send Senheiser to my country for some reason
frown.gif
 i'm looking to get them for around 190$.

Apr 7, 2014 at 4:12 PM Post #1,132 of 2,677
  3 questions:

1) How much leak am i suppose to expect with these? i'm planning on buying these and using them late at night when everybody are sleeping... no one in my room but i'm afraid of disturbing people.
2) How much contact does it makes with the ear itself? (not around the ear but the ear itself)
3)Any deals on those besides the German Amazon site? they will only send Senheiser to my country for some reason
frown.gif

They leak a ton since they are very open headphones but it's nowhere near as bad as speakers. As long as your in your room alone with the door closed I highly doubt you will wake anyone in your family.

The contact with your ears depends on your ear size and where they are positioned on your head. For me if I have them on with my ears right in the middle, only the top edge of my ears touches the cloth covering the driver. Clamping force is very light so it shouldn't hurt your ears at all.

Idk about deals but maybe you could find some in the for sale section for cheap.

Apr 7, 2014 at 4:24 PM Post #1,133 of 2,677
  3 questions:

frown.gif

1) Leak is not as bad as other opens. In your room with closed doors should be fine.

2) They touch my ears.

Apr 7, 2014 at 7:05 PM Post #1,135 of 2,677
FWIR, the F1 is a lot dryer, and treble oriented. I may be wrong (probably). In any case, I recall someone telling me the MA900 is more musical and pleasing.

I'll have to get my hands on a used MA900.   Not a lot of them on the sales forum. 

Apr 7, 2014 at 8:46 PM Post #1,137 of 2,677
You here too elvergun? I bet you'd like to hear how they sound next to the Mikros.

I would actually like to hear how they sound next to my MDR-F1.   

I have not touched any of my other headphones since I traded for an F1 -- I'm curious to hear if the MA900 is better.  I put up a wanted post on the sales forum, but nobody seems to want to part with their MA900.

Apr 8, 2014 at 3:12 AM Post #1,138 of 2,677
I would actually like to hear how they sound next to my MDR-F1.   

I have not touched any of my other headphones since I traded for an F1 -- I'm curious to hear if the MA900 is better.  I put up a wanted post on the sales forum, but nobody seems to want to part with their MA900.

FWIW, the price is rising at amazon. :frowning2:  

I don't think you are going to see many sells.  It is an awesome headphone and a steal at this price.

Hope you find one, elvergun.  I am curious on the comparison with the F1.

[]s
Walfredo

Apr 8, 2014 at 11:30 AM Post #1,139 of 2,677

FWIW, the price is rising at amazon. :frowning2:  

I don't think you are going to see many sells.  It is an awesome headphone and a steal at this price.

Hope you find one, elvergun.  I am curious on the comparison with the F1.

[]s
Walfredo

I'm surprised that the F1 got little attention, and almost no respect, when it was available by forum members.    I'm also surprised that the MA900, if it is as good as I think it might be, is also not getting much love.  

This thread seems to have lost some steam lately...why?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back