Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread
Jan 14, 2014 at 12:33 PM Post #947 of 2,677
Man, I'd hot glue that SOB at the point that sits perfectly on your head right, and leave it there.

Jan 14, 2014 at 4:41 PM Post #950 of 2,677
Ill take pics when I get home. These screws are different. The friction from the screw onto the metal is what holds it. The screw literally broke, along with the tiny little socket.

Your unfortunate accident made me check mine, and I didn't like what I saw. The screw directly touches the metal frame when moving and there was some very minor chipping (metal on metal contact, no surprise there). I really hope it doesn't become an issue later but I'm not too encouraged since mine is less than a week old. The 90 day warranty doesn't help either haha.

Jan 16, 2014 at 5:39 AM Post #952 of 2,677
The only thing i hate about the MA900's is that they pull my hair A LOT. and my hair isn't even that long lol :D

Jan 16, 2014 at 10:44 AM Post #953 of 2,677
The sound doesn't really impress me much. It does have very spacious sound on 3d and binauraul stuff but I feel there are better options for listening to music. With movies and games in surround sound these are amazing.

Comfort-wise these are like gold. I can't even bear to wear my ATH-M50 for more then a few seconds without my ears hurting and I never had that problem before getting the MA900. That just goes to show they are extremely comfortable although they are so comfortable it has made my investment in the ATH-M50 practically a waste because I can't stand to wear them now.

Jan 16, 2014 at 12:02 PM Post #954 of 2,677
When plugging my MA900s directly into my desktop computer, I have to set windows' volume at about 50% to have a comfortable listening experience - yet with my earphones I only set it about 10%. 

Is this remedied with an amp, is something wrong with my windows settings, or is something wrong with the headphones?

Jan 16, 2014 at 7:04 PM Post #955 of 2,677
  When plugging my MA900s directly into my desktop computer, I have to set windows' volume at about 50% to have a comfortable listening experience - yet with my earphones I only set it about 10%. 

Is this remedied with an amp, is something wrong with my windows settings, or is something wrong with the headphones?

Earphones are much easier to get loud than headphones. i have my ma900's set on 12% most of the time, and when im using the T1, doesn't get past 11 o'clock. 

Jan 17, 2014 at 11:02 PM Post #956 of 2,677
After using for it a week now, I'm still very impressed with this headphone. Very comfortable to wear and the sound quality is fantastic (using my Fiio E10). The sound on my portable cans, the UE6000, feels almost cramped in comparison. It's a shame that Sony discontinued this model though.

Jan 18, 2014 at 9:34 AM Post #958 of 2,677
These are discontinued already as of a couple of days ago.

I initially wabted to start of with something cheaper like M50, Ad700x, Beyer 990 pro....but i was like who cares YOLO, and spend 215 on some MA900. Cant wait to get them next week :).

First pair of 200 dollar headphones, so my audiophile cherry got popped lol.

Im kind of afraid though since some of you say they are a bit fragile but im very careful with my stuff.

And im also afraid because whenever i get into something new like the audiophile world, i get an itch to upgrade and be more analytical about things...lol

So I might stick with these MA900s for a bit before going X1 with a boom Pro from v moda

Users who are viewing this thread

Back