Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread
Jan 6, 2015 at 11:13 AM Post #1,726 of 2,677
i dont follow.

what's EDION?

that's not the same with e-earphone? i bought my dt880 from e-earphone...
if you don't want to post your experience with e-earphone that's alright. i respect that.

my experience with them are okay.

Jan 8, 2015 at 1:17 AM Post #1,727 of 2,677
  i dont follow.

what's EDION?

that's not the same with e-earphone? i bought my dt880 from e-earphone...
if you don't want to post your experience with e-earphone that's alright. i respect that.

my experience with them are okay.

It's like a big chain store like a Comp USA or some big family friendly electronics store like that. Vacuum cleaners to HD800's and everything in between
biggrin.gif

Jan 8, 2015 at 7:57 AM Post #1,729 of 2,677

the chain store i know in kyushu is yamada denki brother! they dont have no edion where i lived

i thought by E you were talking about e-earphone

I was talking about e-earphone originally.

I was saying that many shops like EDION Best Denki and Yamada Denki have lots of headphones as well. EDION in my neck of the woods is probably the biggest. (Yamaguchi pref)

Jan 8, 2015 at 9:24 AM Post #1,730 of 2,677

I was talking about e-earphone originally.

I was saying that many shops like EDION Best Denki and Yamada Denki have lots of headphones as well. EDION in my neck of the woods is probably the biggest. (Yamaguchi pref)

btw i just got magni 2 uber a couple days ago. last week maybe?

your ma-900 could sound very different if you amp it. just fyi. i used to use fiio e10k, and now i use magni 2 uber, the difference in midrange is significant. significant enough that i was surprised because initially i believed that efficient headphone like ma-900 wouldn't have any significant difference without nitpicking.

idk why. probably because fiio e10k is warm. anyway, i like it!

btw i also bought dt880 around 3 weeks ago, it arrived two days ago. i think in terms of music enjoyment ma-900 can go toe to toe with it.

hope that illustrate how much value people can get from this headphone.

in fairness, it lacked behind in detail retrieval and bass extension, but i enjor the music similarly with both. leaning towards ma-900 in terms of comofort

Jan 8, 2015 at 9:53 AM Post #1,731 of 2,677

btw i just got magni 2 uber a couple days ago. last week maybe?

your ma-900 could sound very different if you amp it. just fyi. i used to use fiio e10k, and now i use magni 2 uber, the difference in midrange is significant. significant enough that i was surprised because initially i believed that efficient headphone like ma-900 wouldn't have any significant difference without nitpicking.

idk why. probably because fiio e10k is warm. anyway, i like it!

btw i also bought dt880 around 3 weeks ago, it arrived two days ago. i think in terms of music enjoyment ma-900 can go toe to toe with it.

hope that illustrate how much value people can get from this headphone.

in fairness, it lacked behind in detail retrieval and bass extension, but i enjor the music similarly with both. leaning towards ma-900 in terms of comofort

I think you have gotten me  totally confused with another?
blink.gif

I think the ma 900 kick the **** out of the 880. It's not close.
70mm bass lens having.... wide open back .......so light they can be forgotten about.
Mids are awesome, stage is wide, vocals clear and bass goes to the human audible depths. I have new Akai that will not go there even with an eq. Need a physical mod. As the vid shows using a track soaked in sub-bass...the track we test bass cans with...these need an eq bump and nothing more to get your 30Hz fix. One of the 3 hits in the first track is 33Hz. Coming in clear as can be.

DT880...
45mm well built cans that do nothing in particular better than anything else. IMO

Enjoy them. There is a thread on here somewhere for em'
wink.gif

Jan 8, 2015 at 10:07 AM Post #1,733 of 2,677

i was posting in general for people that are yet to discover ma-900. should've word it better myself.

yeah, newfound appreciation to ma-900 due to owning dt880 haha.

Sorry.
I get confused on here sometimes. I am not a Sony fan but i love the ma 900 and i think it's the best use of the 70mm they did. Really good stuff.  The 880 are obviously sweet cans worth the money. I'm just a big fan off these
biggrin.gif

Jan 9, 2015 at 8:01 PM Post #1,735 of 2,677
  Well it turns out I have the Sony MDR-MA900 back again, my brother didn't want them anymore since I gave him the K612. 

...impressions.......?????

Jan 9, 2015 at 8:06 PM Post #1,736 of 2,677

So far not really good on my main system, could simply be bad synergy. Will experiment more on other systems and portable devices. They are painfully grainy and smeared sounding compared to my HD 600, DT 150, and K712. My ears are fatigued and hurting at around 50-60 db listening levels in a matter of minutes. 

Jan 9, 2015 at 8:11 PM Post #1,737 of 2,677

So far not really good on my main system, could simply be bad synergy. Will experiment more on other systems and portable devices. They are painfully grainy and smeared sounding compared to my HD 600, DT 150, and K712. My ears are fatigued and hurting at around 50-60 db listening levels in a matter of minutes. 

Oh dear, sorry for your experience there!

Jan 9, 2015 at 9:29 PM Post #1,738 of 2,677

LOL

Folks used to say the Q40 were bass monsters so I am familiar with wild overstatements but wow....long time no see.

See ya

**Block User**

Jan 10, 2015 at 12:18 AM Post #1,740 of 2,677
My 601's have been in the repair shop for about a month now and I've been using the 900's exclusively since.
I've come to love the 900's with my Little Dot III tube amp.
My impression of these cans are they're unforgiving...if the recording is great...that's what you'll get.
If the recordings suck...

It will be interesting to hear my AKG's once they get back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back