Sony MDR-EX1000 cable imperfections
Jul 21, 2011 at 2:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

primey

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I recently bought the Sony EX1000 and although I like the sound quality very much, I noticed some minor problems with the cables.

1. The thicker parts of the cables used to secure them behind the ears differ in length between left and right side on BOTH cables (the long and the short one). The difference is about 3-4 mm.
2. The jack of the longer cable is slightly but weirdly bent so the black and the golden parts are not perfectly aligned (hard to see on the image but notable when plugged in the player).

Although these problems do not affect the functionality, I think a product that pricey should have perfect build quality.

Can anyone of you guys with the EX1000 confirm these issues or did I just receive a bad copy?
I am thinking about returning them for exchange to the dealer or Sony.

Regards,
Primey

Jul 21, 2011 at 2:52 PM Post #2 of 4
edit: misread, checking again

edit again: my jack is straight. And in your picture your jack also looks straight. You have to see the dark part is a shadow which could change your perception of it.

I removed the cable and tried to straighten them the best i could but there was still some curves on the cable but more or less they are the same within 1 mm

Aug 9, 2011 at 8:25 PM Post #3 of 4
There is definitely a little bit of mismatch between the left-and-right Teknorote hangers with my EX1000. But 3 to 4mm is a bit too much.
But the plug. Maybe the innards of your player are warped. The black plug is also a bit lop with three of my players.

Aug 9, 2011 at 10:48 PM Post #4 of 4

I don't seem to have any of these problems.

Quote:
Hi,

I recently bought the Sony EX1000 and although I like the sound quality very much, I noticed some minor problems with the cables.

1. The thicker parts of the cables used to secure them behind the ears differ in length between left and right side on BOTH cables (the long and the short one). The difference is about 3-4 mm.
2. The jack of the longer cable is slightly but weirdly bent so the black and the golden parts are not perfectly aligned (hard to see on the image but notable when plugged in the player).

Although these problems do not affect the functionality, I think a product that pricey should have perfect build quality.

Can anyone of you guys with the EX1000 confirm these issues or did I just receive a bad copy?
I am thinking about returning them for exchange to the dealer or Sony.

Regards,
Primey

Users who are viewing this thread

Back