Sony MDR-1R series MK2
Jan 30, 2014 at 6:26 AM Post #182 of 546
Hi guys, 
After explaining to Sony the issues that I'm not happy with, they were more than happy to replace it no questions asked. 
Even though it seems as if every pair I receive have minor but annoyingly obvious imperfections (to my eyes) at least they are generous with replacement requests but I hope this is the last replacement I get.

Feb 5, 2014 at 12:20 AM Post #188 of 546
  I own both original and mk2 and I can't feel the difference between them. SONY you liar !!

P.S. test via xperia z1 and Creative sound blaster x-fi HD.

Thnx ArchDragoon....
I recent bought a sound Blaster x-fi HD for phono recording and I was pleasantly surprised at the audio quality...
I was a bit reluctant to buying it at first due to the mixed reviews but for $60 its very good...

Feb 5, 2014 at 12:27 AM Post #189 of 546
  Thnx ArchDragoon....
I recent bought a sound Blaster x-fi HD for phono recording and I was pleasantly surprised at the audio quality...
I was a bit reluctant to buying it at first due to the mixed reviews but for $60 its very good...

It's extremely good. Better than any of the Xonar stuff if you ask me.

Feb 5, 2014 at 1:31 AM Post #192 of 546
  Stop fighting The xonar is good for jazz, classical music and X-Fi series is good for gaming, bass lover.

I got the same price as you and I think it really deserve to pay for it.

No fight...
Just a friendly duel...
beerchug.gif

Feb 5, 2014 at 4:15 AM Post #193 of 546
I had to make a decision strictly based on positional accuracy for competitive gaming. Xonar supports Dolby Headphone and X-Fi supports CMSS-3D. I found CMSS-3D to be much more effective, so the X-Fi Titanium HD was what I picked up.

Feb 6, 2014 at 3:27 PM Post #194 of 546
Just ordered a pair of 1r but not yet arrive. Does it worth returning the 1R/cancelling the purchase and go for the 1RMKII?

Feb 6, 2014 at 4:48 PM Post #195 of 546
  Just ordered a pair of 1r but not yet arrive. Does it worth returning the 1R/cancelling the purchase and go for the 1RMKII?

Depends on the price you paid, but very likely no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back