Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R
Nov 30, 2016 at 2:50 PM Post #2,326 of 2,667
Just passed the burn-in time, the sound is really awesome, and the bass, soundstage... Omg, but i still have a bit of problems with imbalance, while soundstage feels wider in the left side, the right side have a more stronger bass, and this bothers me, there is anything i can do tô solve this?

P.s. The drivers have diferente colors, so i think, were they made differently? They may have different burn-in time for soundstage and bass? Or they really sound different?

It doesn't seem right that the drivers are different colors, mine are both a metallic bronze color and I have no problems with any channel imbalance or different sound stage.

Is it possible to return them?

Nov 30, 2016 at 3:01 PM Post #2,327 of 2,667
It doesn't seem right that the drivers are different colors, mine are both a metallic bronze color and I have no problems with any channel imbalance or different sound stage.

Is it possible to return them?

I dont think so, i have them for 6 months now, and the guarantee is over, i thought that it would fix itself with burn-in.

Nov 30, 2016 at 3:15 PM Post #2,328 of 2,667
I dont think so, i have them for 6 months now, and the guarantee is over, i thought that it would fix itself with burn-in.

While I don't believe in burn-in, if a headphone has a channel imbalance brand new no burn-in will fix this, burn-in usually is a very small change in the tone that usually will happen in the first 20-50 hours but there are some who say that some headphones need like 200+ hours.

Did you get the headphones from a Sony authorized dealer?  I would contact the dealer and let them know that it has miss matched drivers.

Nov 30, 2016 at 3:27 PM Post #2,329 of 2,667
While I don't believe in burn-in, if a headphone has a channel imbalance brand new no burn-in will fix this, burn-in usually is a very small change in the tone that usually will happen in the first 20-50 hours but there are some who say that some headphones need like 200+ hours.

Did you get the headphones from a Sony authorized dealer?  I would contact the dealer and let them know that it has miss matched drivers.

I will try it

Dec 2, 2016 at 6:48 PM Post #2,333 of 2,667

Actually, my MDR-1A drivers are different colors too ("bronse" on right, "green" on left). Channel balance and soundstage are fine, no problems here.

Dec 3, 2016 at 6:46 PM Post #2,334 of 2,667

Actually, my MDR-1A drivers are different colors too ("bronse" on right, "green" on left).

Really?! 
blink.gif
That's really weird.  Could you post a picture of each driver so that we can see what you see.

The drivers on my MDR-1A are both dark brown, as they should be.

Dec 4, 2016 at 3:38 PM Post #2,337 of 2,667
I can't figure out what is being described. Looking into the cups of mine, I just see the silver drivers. I'm quite puzzled....

Here's a picture of my drivers in different light:

Metallic Bronze color?  It does have a very slight greenish tint depending on the angle you look at it.

Dec 5, 2016 at 4:52 PM Post #2,339 of 2,667

Really?! 
blink.gif
That's really weird.  Could you post a picture of each driver so that we can see what you see.

The drivers on my MDR-1A are both dark brown, as they should be.

I have picture of the "green" driver only for now. Another one is bronze with "a very slight greenish tint", as DavidA say.

Ok, here it is:

Another try:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back