Sony MDR-1000X
Sep 20, 2017 at 5:18 PM Post #2,341 of 2,709
I have some good news for the Nexus6p/5x users. LDAC works in Oreo. To confirm enable developer mode. So now my MDR-1000X uses LDAC when listening using BT. I have just done a few quick tests with Google Music as source (on highest quality).
Verified the quality comparing to SBC. (No APTX support) SBC, AAC, LDAC works.
I discovered it by mistake, was using my work phone Moto Z Play and just changed to the Nexus phone.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2017 at 8:44 PM Post #2,343 of 2,709
Here's some thoughts on the app. Although switching quality/stability priority is a gem, the ability to turn on and control ambient sound only in the app is a questionable decision.
Just imagine, you `re listening to something, and you need to speak for a min with the salesman in the mall or the waiter in the restaurant. Holding right cup is fine, but good for a few seconds, after that it is fatiguing a bit, and also leaves your arm busy( can't take the wallet out, etc) So I like the previous model design, you just press the hardware button, and here you go - ambient sound. EQ in the app is questionable, since any decent audio player can do that. ( I use USB PLAYER PRO for Android and love the sound)
Another thing is NC amount tuning, well, I just use it full blast all the time, otherwise, whats that point ? :)
I still hear car horns if there are some.

Sep 21, 2017 at 1:05 AM Post #2,344 of 2,709
Here's some thoughts on the app. Although switching quality/stability priority is a gem, the ability to turn on and control ambient sound only in the app is a questionable decision.
Just imagine, you `re listening to something, and you need to speak for a min with the salesman in the mall or the waiter in the restaurant. Holding right cup is fine, but good for a few seconds, after that it is fatiguing a bit, and also leaves your arm busy( can't take the wallet out, etc) So I like the previous model design, you just press the hardware button, and here you go - ambient sound. EQ in the app is questionable, since any decent audio player can do that. ( I use USB PLAYER PRO for Android and love the sound)
Another thing is NC amount tuning, well, I just use it full blast all the time, otherwise, whats that point ? :)

The solution is dead easy. Double tap on the right earcup and then remove the headphones. That way you'll able to conduct the conversation in a polite and respectful manner.

Sep 21, 2017 at 3:37 AM Post #2,345 of 2,709

You can enter ambient mode without the app, you just have less control. The noise cancelling button on the headphone cycles between NC full, ambient, and NC off. For the NC full and ambient, for each my headphones remember whatever settings i last set in the app when last in those modes, regardless whether i have the app now connected.

Sep 21, 2017 at 7:12 AM Post #2,346 of 2,709
Multipoint is connecting with 2 devices at the same time? Because if it is it works fine for me.
I can control the sound settings with the app on my phone while the headset get sound from my laptop.

Sep 23, 2017 at 6:45 PM Post #2,349 of 2,709
Given the choice between buying this headphone at a reduced price and risking the dreaded cracking, or buying the M2 version, which should I do?

Sep 23, 2017 at 8:29 PM Post #2,352 of 2,709
Has it been proven? If you were referring to the video, there was some question if that was a crack or a scuff.
Scuffs and cracks look pretty different. I would expect many parallel straight lines for scuffs. What I saw in the vid didn't look like scuffs to me.

I was actually fairly surprised to find people seriously considering them to be scuffs. Thought it was a joke at first.

Sep 23, 2017 at 9:47 PM Post #2,354 of 2,709
I have 8 days left to return the 1000x I got it at $228.00 is the improvements make up for the difference? Also are the M2 better in terms of of comfort?

Sep 23, 2017 at 10:07 PM Post #2,355 of 2,709
Scuffs and cracks look pretty different. I would expect many parallel straight lines for scuffs. What I saw in the vid didn't look like scuffs to me.

I was actually fairly surprised to find people seriously considering them to be scuffs. Thought it was a joke at first.

That crack/scuff was not in the same place as what most people experienced in the original version, was it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back