Sony MDR-1000X
Mar 2, 2017 at 9:09 AM Post #1,681 of 2,709
So thank you all for the solutions for the creaking noise of my Sony MDR 1000x. 
Just a heads up:
The solution that worked best for me was applying a small, small amount of acid-free vaseline on the hinges.
This works like a charm, 90% reduction of the creaking.
!!! At your own risk I take no resonsibility for possible damage due to the implementation of this solution

Mar 3, 2017 at 9:13 AM Post #1,682 of 2,709
I'm waiting for the baby killer headphones. OK that was a bit brutal. What I meant was the crying baby killer headphones. No that didn't sound to good either. What I really meant to say was that I want active noise cancelling headphones that will also cancel out higher frequencies, like the human voice and especially that high pitch of screaming children and crying babies. Yea, I'm an ******* but that's what I want and I will very much enjoy my Sennheiser Momentum M2 AEBT's until one of these effing manufacturers actually start working on noise cancelling with a greater frequency range and not just low end frequencies like bus motors or jet engines. I love upgrading to "the latest and the greatest" but when it comes to active noise cancellers, read above one more time. Oh yea and I'd basically spend any amount of money to get a set of active noise cancelling headphones that cancelled a broad frequency range, from high to low. I mean I'd go all in. Name your price. That should be incentive enough for manufacturers like Sennheiser, Sony or Bose.

Mar 4, 2017 at 1:33 AM Post #1,684 of 2,709

Mar 5, 2017 at 3:31 PM Post #1,690 of 2,709

My bad, you are correct. The Onkyo only uses Bluetooth as a source. You can work around it by buying a Bluetooth transmitter (many low price choices on Amazon) and connecting it to Line Out on the receiver.

I got the avantree priva, and its been fine. Can switch it to power only and it turns on\off with the tv or receiver.

Mar 6, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #1,691 of 2,709
Hello guys, there is a new information I found in german valuation on amazon about the power off without bluetooth connection or cable...

The headphone will turn off after 5min as we all know.
But after three times turning off he would stay on all the time without anything.

That would be great news, perhaps someone can confirm.

MfG

Mar 7, 2017 at 10:34 AM Post #1,692 of 2,709
Anyone had ear piercing static coming out of these headphones?

Had this happen the other day. They were connected to my Macbook Pro (using aptX). No audio playing and (thankfully) lying on the desk. A continuous ear splitting screech of static came out of them loud enough to have everyone in the office look my way.

Had to power cycle them to get the sound to stop. They're playing tunes fine now but if they'd been on my head my ears would have been ringing to say the least.

This happened to anyone else?

Mar 7, 2017 at 11:14 AM Post #1,693 of 2,709
Hi! Newly registred and first time poster here :)

I have a major problem with these headphones and it's driving me nuts and Sony support is a dead end. My problem is I'm getting heavily distorted sound with ambient sound mode set to "voice". The sound picked up by the mics sounds flanged and as if it's clipping badly. These are my second copy of these headphones and both have the same issue (1st pair produced end of 2016 and new ones January 2017). Surely it's not supposed to sound like this? Different kind of background/ambient noise levels doesn't appear to matter. I've tried everything I can think of in terms of troubleshooting including resetting to factory defaults, calibration etc.

It's easy to "reproduce" this problem: try whistling with a falling and/or rising pitch up and down and there it is. At least on my end. Could anyone please test this and post their findings? Thank you so much in advance, greatly appreciated! :)

Mar 7, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #1,695 of 2,709
Anyone know a replacement cable that would fit the mdr-1000x, 5m or longer ?

Btw a noob question. Are line-in, aux cable and headphone cable, all the same cable ?

yup. all interchangeable terms.

Any 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable should work. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back