Sony MDR-1000X
Feb 4, 2017 at 2:09 AM Post #1,606 of 2,709
For those that want the aptx pop up message on windows with intel cards:

Intel 7265/3165/7260/3160 Bluetooth:
http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=90WTD&fileId=3506730032

Intel 8260 Bluetooth:http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=100J9&fileId=3546946146

You should already have the Bluetooth driver installed before installing this -Download the .exe -Rename it to a .zip -Extract Intel Bluetooth Audio.msi and install it

Feb 4, 2017 at 7:11 AM Post #1,607 of 2,709
3. Is the wired SQ using 3,5 mm jack much better than using Bluetooth?

Thank you guys.

If you want to the best out of Bluetooth with the 1000x then you need to use LDAC which means a Sony playback device which supports that specific codec. Imho these headphones are the most worth your money when you go wireless all the way - these headphones are so handy there because of the touch control features and LDAC will give you the best possible audio transfer codec at the moment.

Feb 4, 2017 at 7:36 AM Post #1,608 of 2,709
Just got myself Walkman NWZ-A15 Black and I have to admit I like it - the main benefit here is the removeable volume cap which means that there is volume headroom to enjoy live recordings and properly mastered (not the modern overly compressed) tracks. There's also LDAC which means the least amount of compression/quality loss and of course the price was attractive (I got if for 139 eur delivered). One plus is the possibility to adjust the sound experience with EQ (and other sound processing features) which the newer A35 lacks. Now the 1000x gets to spread its wings :)

No LDAC in the cheaper models as far as I'm aware.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Feb 4, 2017 at 2:41 PM Post #1,609 of 2,709
No LDAC in the cheaper models as far as I'm aware.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Actually when the A10 series was released it didn't have LDAC but the support came later through a firmware update. The A15 got LDAC support in firmware update v1.10 which was pre-installed when I got the player. If you are going all digital (Bluetooth) then the A15 could be a very cost effective solution (provided that you can get it cheaply of course).

Feb 5, 2017 at 5:34 AM Post #1,610 of 2,709
guys a stupid question
as i have no experience with BT headphones i wanted to ask if by using the LDAC connection it DAP is 100% bypassed...basically the headphones play the same regardless of the dap used to provide the music right?

Feb 5, 2017 at 7:35 AM Post #1,611 of 2,709
Was in Tokyo the last week and went to Akihabara to demo all the NC headphones extensively.
Bose QC35, Sennheiser PXC550, Parrot Zik 3 and the Sony MDR 1000x.
Ended up with the Sony because it sounded the best to my ears and also the smart features it has over the others.
Used it on the flight back home and it sounded fantastic. Loving the purchase.

Feb 5, 2017 at 3:54 PM Post #1,614 of 2,709
Hey all, first post and probably typical newbie question but I've just ordered a pair of these based on their BT sound quality review. I will be using them with my iPhone 6 and PC music listening and streaming. Can I confirm that as I don't have an LDAC capable source that the max bit rate I'll be getting over BT is 256kbps AAC. I have my entire music collection in native FLAC and transcoded to AAC. Just want to make sure there would be no benefit to transcoding to Apple Lossless for BT music listening? It would be a long job and I'd need a higher capacity iPhone (good job the 7 goes up to 256GB) but is doable! Many thanks, Simon

Feb 5, 2017 at 4:04 PM Post #1,615 of 2,709
guys a stupid question

as i have no experience with BT headphones i wanted to ask if by using the LDAC connection it DAP is 100% bypassed...basically the headphones play the same regardless of the dap used to provide the music right?

Depends on whether the DAP does any sound processing before transmitting the sound data through bluetooth connection (for example using LDAC codec). If there is no sound processing (for example EQ) then the sound should sound there same (as long as DAP1 ja DAP2 use same bluetooth codec). Bluetooth by itself doesn't bypass any audio processing.

Feb 5, 2017 at 6:29 PM Post #1,616 of 2,709

guys a stupid question

Depends on whether the DAP does any sound processing before transmitting the sound data through bluetooth connection (for example using LDAC codec). If there is no sound processing (for example EQ) then the sound should sound there same (as long as DAP1 ja DAP2 use same bluetooth codec). Bluetooth by itself doesn't bypass any audio processing.

i have an nw wm1a so i can use the ldac, but basically i will not get much out of my dap while using these headphones as all the audio processing is done by them right?

Feb 5, 2017 at 7:14 PM Post #1,617 of 2,709
i have an nw wm1a so i can use the ldac, but basically i will not get much out of my dap while using these headphones as all the audio processing is done by them right?

According to the manual the sound quality (= sound processing) settings are not in use when you use bluetooth with this player. I don't know if that DAP does any other sound processing. But yes, in your situation most likely the DAP is not doing any special processing but the headphones are doing some sound processing, atleast "DSEE HX" (upscaling) is being done.

Feb 6, 2017 at 7:04 AM Post #1,619 of 2,709
On my NW-ZX100 I can turn on the Sound Effect Preset for the MDR-1000X.

I can then apply any DSP (Clear Audio+, Clear Bass, EQ, VPT) which are processed inside DAP and then sent to the 1000X 

The NWZ-A15 is just like that too. It is weird that some Walkmans do not offer that choice when using Bluetooth.

Feb 6, 2017 at 8:01 PM Post #1,620 of 2,709
The BS spirit is visiting me again...I've had bizarre/weird/stupidly annoying things happen to me with gadgets in the past.

The MDR-1000X keeps turning itself on. Say I power it off and after ~10 minutes I see the blue light blinking. Switch them off again. Hear the lady saying it's powering off. Then see the light again after a few minutes. The bluetooth devices I've paired it with have BT off. All of this while headphones are beside me on my desk. what

Users who are viewing this thread

Back