Sony MDR-1000X
Feb 12, 2017 at 11:19 AM Post #1,637 of 2,709
Does anyone have trouble pairing with a Bluetooth device with no display. I brought a Bluetooth adapter and it says in the instructions to put both devices in pairing mode which I have done but they will not connect. I have also tried another pair of Bluetooth headphones and a soundbar. They connect fine if there is a display list where I can select them.

Feb 12, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #1,638 of 2,709

I just got those from ebay and those fit perfect

Which one did you buy? I'm struggling with phone calls....i'm REALLY DISAPPOINTED about that !!! Maybe i can sove the problem with a bloody cable !!!

I was going to return these due to the aforementioned mic problems during phone calls however having tested both Bose and Sennheiser PXC 550 I decided to keep them. Sound on Sony is SO much better! Does anyone know if there's a cable with a microphone that can be bought separately and attached to the headset so as to improve the mic quality during phone calls?

I'm following this due to the same problem i'm facing !

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201532779765?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=500724213913&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&rmvSB=true

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Remax-3-5mm-Universal-AUX-Audio-Cable-Male-To-Male-Jack-With-3-0mm-Speaker-Cable/32755324660.html

Someone said those are ok....but i'm waiting for responses. Just to be sure ! I think i gonna sell them in a bit! It's not possible that i've to use the normal wired headphone to make a phone call WHILE WEARING THE SONY 1000X !!!

Feb 12, 2017 at 12:38 PM Post #1,639 of 2,709
    Which one did you buy? I'm struggling with phone calls....i'm REALLY DISAPPOINTED about that !!! Maybe i can sove the problem with a bloody cable !!!

I'm following this due to the same problem i'm facing !

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201532779765?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=500724213913&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&rmvSB=true

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Remax-3-5mm-Universal-AUX-Audio-Cable-Male-To-Male-Jack-With-3-0mm-Speaker-Cable/32755324660.html

Someone said those are ok....but i'm waiting for responses. Just to be sure ! I think i gonna sell them in a bit! It's not possible that i've to use the normal wired headphone to make a phone call WHILE WEARING THE SONY 1000X !!!

these fit . The ones from ali does not, i use them on another pair and checked. 

Feb 14, 2017 at 4:42 AM Post #1,640 of 2,709
After the problems I wrote earlier about, I have now had the headphones for a few weeks at the workplace. I'm still amazed how well these block also the speech (provided that there is some music playing at moderate level). I also like the sound quality a lot. It is overall well balanced in my opinion, and suits for many different kinds of music, though I've lately been mostly listening to trance music (and I think that the MDR-1000X is very great especially for that).

One thing to add for people who struggle with the pause gesture: at least I thought for a long time that a single tap was supposed to do the trick. When I learned that it needs to be a double-tap, I'm naturally getting a much, much better success rate. I don't know if this was printed wrong in the paper manual (since I thought this was reserved for accepting calls), but that is at least correct in the online manual. Just in case I'm not the only one who had mistaken at this :)

Feb 14, 2017 at 6:33 AM Post #1,641 of 2,709
What's everyone's thoughts on the MDR 1000x vs MDR 100ABN NC?

I want noise cancelling but it doesn't have to be the absolute best in class. I just want to know which one sounds the best for wireless listening usually at home. I usually only fly two 7 hour flights every 6 months when I head home to visit family and friends, so some NC will be useful but isn't the be all and end all of my needs.

I'm no audiophile. I currently have Sony MDR1ADAC, which I absolutely love and thus why I am going to stick with a wireless Sony set. They are crisp, offer a good sound stage for closed cans especially for the soft acoustics I sometimes like to listen to. And they have that thump of the bass when I want to listen to more EDM or rock focused music.

I tried the Bose QC35 in store today, no Sony's available to try in store near me. I just thought they were mehhh. NC cancelling was amazing, but they just sound too muddy in my opinion compared to my wired Sony's. Almost like my first "expensive" headphone, the Beats Pros.

So for sound alone? Which of the Sony's would be the pick?
Sony MDR 1000x = $530AUD
Sony MDR 100ABT = $380AUD

Feb 17, 2017 at 9:56 AM Post #1,646 of 2,709
I like to use my headphones via the cable and was wondering if there was anything to be gained via using the AudioQuest DragonFly Red with the MDR-1000X?

There's always a gain when using a better DAC, but how much is the question. The DAC accounts for roughly 10% of performance, headphones gives you 80% of it.

Feb 17, 2017 at 3:08 PM Post #1,647 of 2,709
ok thank you !!!

But i've just been told that they don't fit with our uniform standards -.-' . So i have to sell them(i'm a Cabin Crew). On ebay soon...really disappointed. If anyone interested just pvt msg me :)

If you want some discreet noise cancelling ear buds for flying (and I do a lot) I highly recommend the Bose 20's

They get close to the Sony MDR-1000x but are much smaller.

Feb 17, 2017 at 3:54 PM Post #1,649 of 2,709
20's are better than 30's for ANC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back