Sony MDR-1000X
Nov 2, 2016 at 1:58 AM Post #631 of 2,709
Pretty elaborate typo. They've listed the two main features of the 1000x.
If they don't sound better than my 1abt, and I've heard they don't, I'm not going to bother getting them....prolly go for the much hyped p7 wireless instead.

Nov 2, 2016 at 2:25 AM Post #632 of 2,709
Australian pricing has to be some mistake, Sony's probably scrambling to fix it in their own strange way, thus the $200 discount off a brand new product. 

I wonder if Sony Aus have deliberately dropped the price to undercut Sennheiser and Bose? Also maybe they know about the poor quality design/manufacture and will be soon doing a V2 to eliminate the creaking noises?

Doesn't the price cut put pricing of the 1000x on par with Senn and Bose? Basically what they were supposed to cost in the first place. 

Nov 2, 2016 at 2:51 AM Post #633 of 2,709
  Australian pricing has to be some mistake, Sony's probably scrambling to fix it in their own strange way, thus the $200 discount off a brand new product. 

Doesn't the price cut put pricing of the 1000x on par with Senn and Bose? Basically what they were supposed to cost in the first place. 

I think the JB ad is a big mistake, it's probably supposed to be the previous top-of-line ANC set that has the big discount not the new 1000x.
BUT, it's now published and if you get in quick before they publish an apology for the mistake they HAVE to honour the printed deal...
The Senn PXC550 is still a lot dearer, around $600+, the Sony's are the most expensive at $699RRP, Bose are $499 but can be had for $425, $399 if you are good at bargaining...

Nov 2, 2016 at 6:42 AM Post #635 of 2,709
  Hi! Im super interested in this headphones. Anyone know the differences between these (MDR-1000X ) and the MDR100ABN/B? 

I believe the main difference is the lack of touch control panels on the earcup and the different software modes (void mode, mute on cup, etc).
Not sure about NC quality/algorithm.

Nov 2, 2016 at 7:03 AM Post #637 of 2,709
I tested it out in the sony store with my own music, using wired connection.

They set up a booth that plays loud in flight sound and the noise cancellation works really really well.
Now my concern is that it might not work nearly as well outside this environment.
The reason is that the noise is really easy to identify for in flight sound, it's just a constant noise that doesn't have any variance.

The headphone is extremely light, a little too light for my taste and felt a little too plastic for the build quality.
BUT considering this is supposed to be taken out, I guess this is a massive plus if you intend to use it on a commute. 

The control for changing modes also is located in a not-so-friendly area, and it is close to the power button, not a very well design over there imo.

As for the most important of all, the sound quality. 
It's pretty fantastic, especially when running high res hi-fi music. Everything is there and no significant issue
The sound stage is understandably small. 

Overall a decent headphone at a slightly too high price range. 

Nov 2, 2016 at 10:20 AM Post #638 of 2,709
I'm thinking about selling my Beyerdynamic T51p headphones and grabbing a pair of these. How are they for rock? For reference, I like my 51p, I quite liked the Sennheiser HD25 II, and I enjoyed my Grado RS1i for a good while before deciding they were a wee bit bright. I did not like the Momentum wireless at all.

Nov 2, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #639 of 2,709
Thanks @Kildras !!

I listen mainly rock music as well @zerolight ! 
L3000.gif

Nov 2, 2016 at 5:16 PM Post #640 of 2,709
Man, I just caught up on this thread and read about all the creaking issues. That's really disappointing. Maybe I'll not bother after all.

Nov 2, 2016 at 10:21 PM Post #641 of 2,709
Just wanna know guys, i already have the MDR-1ABT, does MDR-1000x sound better? i wanna know which is better in terms of Pure Sound quality alone.. and which does have higher volume levels and better Bass? thanks! would appreciate your feedback :D will be waiting for them as i am torn between upgrading or to stay with 1ABT.. 

Nov 2, 2016 at 10:27 PM Post #642 of 2,709
Just wanna know guys, i already have the MDR-1ABT, does MDR-1000x sound better? i wanna know which is better in terms of Pure Sound quality alone.. and which does have higher volume levels and better Bass? thanks! would appreciate your feedback :D will be waiting for them as i am torn between upgrading or to stay with 1ABT.. 
The 1ABT's definitely have more bass & get louder over Bluetooth.

Nov 2, 2016 at 11:38 PM Post #644 of 2,709
I
but does 1abt sound better than 1000x in terms of pure Sound Quality? thanks! :D this would be a great help :D

Having compared several Sony headphones recently I don't think you'll experience a massive leap in quality between their premium products. I'd argue there may be an improvement in noise cancelling but pure sound quality...not sure much.

I think it depends on where you listen.

I use MDR-1ADACs mainly, but will be buying the 1000x for my time on planes.

Nov 2, 2016 at 11:52 PM Post #645 of 2,709
I
Having compared several Sony headphones recently I don't think you'll experience a massive leap in quality between their premium products. I'd argue there may be an improvement in noise cancelling but pure sound quality...not sure much.

I think it depends on where you listen.

I use MDR-1ADACs mainly, but will be buying the 1000x for my time on planes.

Thanks a lot.. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back