Sony MDR-1000X
Dec 9, 2016 at 5:27 PM Post #1,066 of 2,709
  I really don't get the volume stuff. I've not tried them but most headphones I don't come anywhere near the max volume. Not even half way I think.
Be kind to your ears. Who wants to go deaf in old age.

Try listening to a subtle piece of music of whatever genre in trying conditions, you may then change your mind somewhat.

Dec 9, 2016 at 8:07 PM Post #1,069 of 2,709
hey guys, currently have the p7 Bowers and they sound superb but only when at home or somewhere because on the subway they are very noisy.
Anyone here commute via bus or subway? How do these perform on the subway or bus? I hear everything with the p7's. Thanks

Dec 9, 2016 at 8:14 PM Post #1,070 of 2,709
Does these make a creak sound?

Some don't, some do, but we figured out how to eliminate that on the ones that creak. (as far as I know I was the first poster complaining about the creak issues in a first batch unit)

Dec 9, 2016 at 8:34 PM Post #1,072 of 2,709

Sandpaper to reduce contact between the cups and the arms on the headband. Post on it a couple of days ago.

Eliminates pretty much all the noise.
Units. With a bigger gap out of factory (and from reports here those are 50 percent or slightly more) won't need it.

Dec 9, 2016 at 8:37 PM Post #1,073 of 2,709
Sandpaper to reduce contact between the cups and the arms on the headband. Post on it a couple of days ago.

Eliminates pretty much all the noise.
Units. With a bigger gap out of factory (and from reports here those are 50 percent or slightly more) won't need it.
cool and btw how is the touch response and Bluetooth connection?

Dec 9, 2016 at 9:13 PM Post #1,074 of 2,709
cool and btw how is the touch response and Bluetooth connection?

Touchpad features and overall usability is excellent in my opinion, after you surpass a quick learning curve.

Bluetooth connectivity is fast and stable, good range too; but I only use one source.

People report it is not a model that implements multiple source connectivity/toggle well (Or not as well as Bose and Sennheiser offerings) so that's a drawback if you're going to switch between multiple sources often.

Dec 9, 2016 at 10:01 PM Post #1,075 of 2,709
Touchpad features and overall usability is excellent in my opinion, after you surpass a quick learning curve.

Bluetooth connectivity is fast and stable, good range too; but I only use one source.

People report it is not a model that implements multiple source connectivity/toggle well (Or not as well as Bose and Sennheiser offerings) so that's a drawback if you're going to switch between multiple sources often.
i dont think i am going too. I am confused between these and pxc 550.

Dec 9, 2016 at 10:17 PM Post #1,076 of 2,709
Anyone able to comment on the signature of these compared to nighthawks, audeze sine, LCD series, hp50, pm3, anything else? Are these warm and smooth?

Dec 10, 2016 at 1:15 AM Post #1,077 of 2,709
Anyone able to comment on the signature of these compared to nighthawks, audeze sine, LCD series, hp50, pm3, anything else? Are these warm and smooth?

Sound perceived is always different, but in my opinion the 1000x has a even to ever so slightly withdrawn midrange ( this might get better with enough burnin ) treble is smooth and not piercing.
the bass has a slight hump to it making the signature musical and non fatigueing to listen to. I think the signature is in line with the Sony philosophy that music should be musical and engaging and one should be able to listen to there equipment for hours at end without fatigue

Dec 10, 2016 at 4:45 PM Post #1,078 of 2,709
Seems like the MDR-1000X is sold out everywhere here in Denmark. Either that or SONY has pulled them back to correct some of the mentioned issues(?)
Maybe every vendor had a low stock to begin with but that is unlikely, no?

Dec 10, 2016 at 6:28 PM Post #1,079 of 2,709

Definitive Technology Symphony 1 and Sennheiser Momentum 2 Wireless, and the Sennheiser PXC550

Can't believe the X1000 can't be plugged in, seeing as that was a big feature of the MDR-1ADAC

To me plugging in usb and going all digital seems like the way forward. That's what they marketed with the MDR-1ADAC, but I wonder if the actual end result matters?
E.g. you can have that technical advantage, which seems much better on paper - on a spec sheet/marketing material, but other heaphones could simply produce better sound.

Anyone tried the MDR-1ADAC?

I have the MDR-1ADAC and it sounds amazing via the all-digital USB connection. The 1ADAC put my trusty, portable FiiO E18 DAC/Amp out of commission.

I'm itching to pull the trigger on the 1000X's but I'm doing some scouring on this thread first. I also read the Head Fi Buying Guide Travel Headphones and was shocked to read they were on top, even over the new Bose QC35's.

Amazon has a Prime Store Card 15% cash back bonus on them until midnight ET tonight. Decisions decisions.

Dec 11, 2016 at 2:17 AM Post #1,080 of 2,709
I have the MDR-1ADAC and it sounds amazing via the all-digital USB connection. The 1ADAC put my trusty, portable FiiO E18 DAC/Amp out of commission.

I'm itching to pull the trigger on the 1000X's but I'm doing some scouring on this thread first. I also read the Head Fi Buying Guide Travel Headphones and was shocked to read they were on top, even over the new Bose QC35's.

Amazon has a Prime Store Card 15% cash back bonus on them until midnight ET tonight. Decisions decisions.
I own both. The 1adac sounds better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back