Sony MDR-1000X
Dec 11, 2016 at 12:22 PM Post #1,082 of 2,709
MDR1000X is literally the embodiment of your demand, it has all that. The reading sound seem to be found on specific batches, with in video reviews I haven't find one review that has creaking unit, so I guess it pretty limited case. Some people report pressure on the ear, but it all different for each people, not all will feel the same. Other than that is wind noise, but there's no ANC headphone suffers from that, if it's the cheapest of the flagships, just go get it man.

Dec 11, 2016 at 12:27 PM Post #1,083 of 2,709
What issues are people are facing with it other than the creaking. In my country these are cheaper than pxc550 and Bose qc35. I want good noise canceling,good sound and nice features

They annoyed the sh#t out of me when I got them and almost returned them due to plastic creaking sounds. Figured out how to fix that on my pair (the sandpaper thing a few posts ago) and now they are quiet. Many buyers got units that don't seem to have the plastic of the arms contacting the cups so much, so they never squeaked.

Other than that, sound quality is great, NC is quite OK, I feel no pressure at all. There is a bit of a hiss, but read multiple reviews stating it's considerably below the Bose.
Touchpanel is great, depending on use habits. Some users report issues with wind on the microphones outside during calls. Also some report that it's not handy at all to pair them with two bluetooth devices, so it's a 1:1 mostly.

At this time, I'd definitely go for the 1000X over any other offering unless you spend a lot of your time making calls outdoors and often need to pair them with multiple Bluetooth sources.

Dec 11, 2016 at 12:38 PM Post #1,084 of 2,709
What issues are people are facing with it other than the creaking. In my country these are cheaper than pxc550 and Bose qc35. I want good noise canceling,good sound and nice features
the 550 has more features than the 1000x such as the ability to work with 2 devices at once and the ability to play music through the USB cable and charge at the same time on a computer. It also has auto pause stopping the music if you take headphone off or slip it around your neck which I love. But the 550 does not go extremely loud. Signature wise it's a bit V shaped but has clear articulate mids versus them being recessed or veiled.

While I have not heard the 1000X I suspect the 1000X will be a bit more balanced signature wise. A lot is made about possible squeaking. While I do not own the 1000X I do own the 100ABN which shares the same basic DNA and my pair does squeak/creak but I can say it does not bother me all that much as it doesn't happen all of the time.

If you think you would like the 550 features and would like it's signature go 550. But if you unsure if you would care for all of them or are not sure about signature and the 1000X is cheaper where you live I would suggest getting the 1000X as it is going to be a solid unit that will likely impress.

Dec 11, 2016 at 12:46 PM Post #1,085 of 2,709
i dont think i will be taking calls too much from them. I basically need noise cancelling headphones for 1)travelling and 2) blocking noises by which i get irritated. Both are good looks wise and pxc 550 has better features. I think i might try both 

Dec 11, 2016 at 2:59 PM Post #1,087 of 2,709
MDR1000X is literally the embodiment of your demand, it has all that. The reading sound seem to be found on specific batches, with in video reviews I haven't find one review that has creaking unit, so I guess it pretty limited case. Some people report pressure on the ear, but it all different for each people, not all will feel the same. Other than that is wind noise, but there's no ANC headphone suffers from that, if it's the cheapest of the flagships, just go get it man.

I started jogging with the QC35 in the winter for music and protection.  You can definitely hear the ANC having issues with strong winds.  Moderate level (<10mph) no.  I was hoping the 1000X is better outdoors with the wind.

Dec 11, 2016 at 9:52 PM Post #1,089 of 2,709
Is there anyone here with no defects like creaks or bad ear cups here? Or people completely satisfied with their purchase?

Mine have no issues.  For the record, I have the cream colored model.   

Dec 11, 2016 at 10:05 PM Post #1,091 of 2,709
I have 3 days to decide whether to trade for the mdr1000x. I have the p7 wireless. I don't know if ANC is actually worth it.

I'm in the same boat. Just worried it could feel like a downgrade rather than an upgrade.

Couple of people are happy when going from the mdr1000x to the p7 but no stories yet of people going the other way around

Dec 11, 2016 at 10:38 PM Post #1,093 of 2,709
Hello, my mdr-1000x also had a creaking issue on left ear cup, just like the post #918 (page 62).
  (wonder left side creak problem happens more ? )
confused_face(1).gif

I searched and found some people use lubricant to fix the problem on headphones, like this page: http://chage.exblog.jp/22043932/
So I bought the Tamiya Cera-Grease HG and use it on my mdr-1000x. Creak is gone, and the left ear cup became almost the same or a little smoothier than the right side.

Maybe someone has tried lubricant solution. I am satisfied now. hope no side effects. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Dec 11, 2016 at 11:47 PM Post #1,094 of 2,709
Got the black 1000x last week and been commuting with them a lot. They are just heaven to travel with, love the ANC. I have fallen asleep on the bus within a minute every time, which has never happened before. :D Also the best sound i've heard from a pair of BT hp, and I've tried a few. They have the Sony sound of course, mids a bit recessed - but I like them better than the mdr1a. More neutral, not the bloated low end. Highly recommended if the need is BT & ANC.

Have not noted any creaking or had any other quality issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back