Sony LinkBuds WF-l900
Jun 16, 2022 at 4:56 AM Post #61 of 77
Wherever you put it? I mean connection is completely solid if the phone (or laptop) is on my desk.
actually yes. my smartphone is on the table when at home or office. or it is in my jeans pocket when being outside.

Jun 16, 2022 at 9:41 AM Post #62 of 77
I bought these for my evening walk with my dog. Perfect for listening to audiobooks! Probably my most used buds lol.

Jun 16, 2022 at 9:51 AM Post #63 of 77
I bought these for my evening walk with my dog. Perfect for listening to audiobooks! Probably my most used buds lol.
same here :) - most used by far. absolutely unexpected at the beginning.

Jun 17, 2022 at 7:49 AM Post #64 of 77
my most used too

It's my only Sony wireless set. With the issues I've got just having this in my pocket, I'm wondering if the Sony app's Sound quality vs Stable connection setting even does anything with the Linkbuds? Is this only actually an adjustment for their sets that have LDAC? I can see in my phone's developer settings that I am using AAC on both options. I don't know if the bitrate is affected (not sure what, if anything, could tell me that, and haven't listened super close to try and compare). But it doesn't really seem to matter which is picked, when it comes to putting my phone in my pocket. Might fart around by changing to SBC in developer options and see what that does. Eventually.

for what it's worth I'm pretty short and slender lol

Jun 17, 2022 at 8:23 AM Post #65 of 77
they don't have ldac.

Aug 27, 2022 at 8:35 AM Post #67 of 77
So far my research finds that denim, wind, and working in an industrial park were not helping my signal.

Setting the quality option to "Priority on Stable Connection" seems to help the connection marginally. Does anyone hear a big difference? I haven't used this mode for long yet. Will do some closer listening soon.

Also this is a great app to use on Android if you use these things with other devices too: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tom.bluetoothDevicesWidget

ETA: the app clearly shows you details of the connected device's "Bluetooth Audio Codec", which in both priority modes is AAC, 44100 Hz, 16 bit. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2022 at 9:29 AM Post #68 of 77
New multipoint capability is out, from firmware + app update. Working great here so far.

Noticed some new bits on the app: the options for "Bluetooth Connection Quality" read:

* Priority on Sound Quality
Connects (auto select codec) with the best sound quality common between headphones and playback device

* Priority on Stable Connection
Select this setting if the sound stutters frequently.

Plus above the photo of the buds is now a live codec indicator (which, when used with multipoint tells you what codec the other device is using - handy). Given that both quality options use AAC on my phone (same as before), I'm thinking this setting doesn't matter to the Linkbuds, on an AAC capable Android anyways.

Reception might be overall improved. Haven't been outside much yet. Getting cold 🥶

Nov 20, 2022 at 1:53 PM Post #69 of 77
New multipoint capability is out, from firmware + app update. Working great here so far.

Noticed some new bits on the app: the options for "Bluetooth Connection Quality" read:

Plus above the photo of the buds is now a live codec indicator (which, when used with multipoint tells you what codec the other device is using - handy). Given that both quality options use AAC on my phone (same as before), I'm thinking this setting doesn't matter to the Linkbuds, on an AAC capable Android anyways.

Reception might be overall improved. Haven't been outside much yet. Getting cold 🥶
the dual connection ability is amazing so far :)

Apr 20, 2023 at 2:32 AM Post #71 of 77
v2.2.0 is released.

Benefits and Improvements
  • Makes the Quick Access settings for the Endel service easier to configure
  • Note: This benefit may not be available depending on your country or region.
Download via Sony Music App.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2023 at 8:08 AM Post #72 of 77
Thanks. Going to wait for some reports on this one. I noticed there was a firmware between releases available in North America, 2.1.3, that shortened battery life as a battery longevity measure. So is that included here? And is that a good thing?

Jul 6, 2023 at 2:44 AM Post #74 of 77
I leave it default mode and use it mainly for lofi music (when working on issues where i need focus) or listen to podcasts / watch youtube videos etc. - default is here very good.

Jul 27, 2023 at 7:18 AM Post #75 of 77
even as the youtuber flossy has tons of TWSs, he wears all day long the linkbuds - like me :)
it is simply great for podcasts, audiobooks, youtube videos... and when it comes to music, i like to use them for study / focus music like lofi in the office.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back