Sony: IFA 2010: New Headphones
Sep 4, 2010 at 4:16 PM Post #17 of 20
Is it only me or the ZX700/500/300 reminds me of XB700/500/300 when looking at specs and naming and launch pricing (also same short cord, 1.2m). My speculation is that these are "Xtra Bass" series successors (makes sense when taking into account how well this series has sold) probably with slightly less bass quantity vs more refinements in sound. For bassheads these might actually be very interesting since XB series is very good for their price, the mids especially sounds extremely well for their price and bass is also good. Also looks like they've addressed the leaking sound issue which was a problem for a lot of XB users. The Z1000 looks like it got potential to become the bassiest "studio monitor" marketed headphone around. :p

Also these are already listed on Sony japan site http://www.sony.jp/headphone/index.html

It got me quite interested now I have to say being a huge fan of Sony XB500 & XB700. They do look rather cheap and not very stylish but that's no problem for me as I mainly care for the sound and while I think the XB pads are very comfortable I wouldn't mind the more thin pads and the oval shape either as long as the clamping force isn't too strong. Might have to buy both ZX500 and ZX700 and give an in-depth review comparing mainly against XB700 and XB500 once they become available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back