Sony IER-M9 impressions thread
Jun 4, 2022 at 12:51 PM Post #1,940 of 3,155
how does m9 compare to ie600? i demoed ier-z1r but i prefer m9, the vocal performance of the m9 is more emotional, for me at least, but, the soundstage is definitely wider than m9.
The m9 is more relaxing than the very busy ie600. The ie600 is very clear & detailed, brighter than the m9 but quite we done.
Might be a bit full on for some but I enjoy the sound, its an m9 in party mode.
I have my m9 permanently attached to the utws5 now & it is a great pairing.
I might end up getting a second m9 just for cable also as I don't like connecting & disconnecting iems all the time.

Jun 7, 2022 at 2:36 AM Post #1,942 of 3,155
not yet. will order a pair after you still think they are better after you receive the radius tips. just bought the mdr-z1r and i am broke :)
Ok I just had a listen to the Radius deep mount blacks & they sound quite good but to my ears the azla sednaearfit standards sound a bit better probably because of the bigger bore but will continue trying the radius at different stages. Do yourself a favour & order some azla sednaearfit standard ones & try them but must be black standards none of the other azla ones. Lol p.s They are way cheaper than the Radius also so win win.

Jun 7, 2022 at 8:31 AM Post #1,943 of 3,155
Ok I just had a listen to the Radius deep mount blacks & they sound quite good but to my ears the azla sednaearfit standards sound a bit better probably because of the bigger bore but will continue trying the radius at different stages. Do yourself a favour & order some azla sednaearfit standard ones & try them but must be black standards none of the other azla ones. Lol p.s They are way cheaper than the Radius also so win win.
Bought them. Should get them by next week

Jun 8, 2022 at 1:41 PM Post #1,946 of 3,155
I took some time to give the Triple comfort another try and I found a way to fit them perfectly.

You need to choose the size that you can insert easily without pressing/pushing.

Just very gently wiggle them in (while pulling up you ear) and once they are in, let the ear slowly go and find touch them anymore. If they don't fit like that, wrong size.

After I found the right size (MS for right, ML for left), they are excellent.

If I do things like eating I can feel the pressure change but beside that, no pressure issues.

They isolate very well but most importantly, they are extremely comfortable.

I can't wear the EP-NI1000 for more than 2 hours, they start to very slowly irritate my ear. The same way silicone does.

But the triple comfort don't. Use them since 4 hours now, and then just float in my ear. I don't feel them at all.

And the sound is perfect, as expected from the stock tips.

But they don't isolate as good as the EP-NI1000 do, like 20% less.

Good enough for work, but for noise heavy situations, I keep carrying the EP-NI1000 in the case with me

At least they isolate much better than the silicone. It's good enough for most everyday situations

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2022 at 6:09 PM Post #1,947 of 3,155
I took some time to give the Triple comfort another try and I found a way to fit them perfectly.

You need to choose the size that you can insert easily without pressing/pushing.

Just very gently wiggle them in (while pulling up you ear) and once they are in, let the ear slowly go and find touch them anymore. If they don't fit like that, wrong size.

If I do things like eating I can feel the pressure change but beside that, no pressure issues.

I can't wear the EP-NI1000 for more than 2 hours, they start to very slowly irritate my ear. The same way silicone does.

But the triple comfort don't. Use them since 4 hours now, and then just float in my ear. I don't feel them at all.

Good enough for work, but for noise heavy situations, I keep carrying the EP-NI1000 in the case with me

At least they isolate much better than the silicone. It's good enough for most everyday situations
I find the firm deep fit suits me best with the big bore, I can listen all day with the azla sednaearfit & don't have the vacuum problem maybe because of the big bore i don't know.
But then again I don't get the vacuum problem with the sony hybrid or any others for that matter.
When I eat it doesn't change the sound & when I walk with them on with no music on it makes the sound like my ears are full of water. Lol

Jun 8, 2022 at 8:09 PM Post #1,949 of 3,155

Same issue with me, the EP feels like foam when inserting and slowly but surely i can feel my ears burning after tens of minutes, wish they have MS size :/, now i’m back to Dekoni’s foam which is a little bit too small as usual, this is even more annoying than Blessing 2 and Variations.

Jun 9, 2022 at 3:33 AM Post #1,950 of 3,155
I remember when reading this ier-m9 thread from the start they were saying to fit the m9 shallow with decent tips for a while then it changed to deep fit them with smaller tips & then deep fit them with largest tips you feel comfortable with. 🤣😂🤣
I don't know why and when it changed to deep fit, you can not deep fit the IER-M9. Its housing doesn't allow deep fitting.

It has been designed by Sony for easy and fast insertion as it is an stage IEM. So i highly recommend to _not_ deep-fit them and this is not my personal opinion, this is what Sony says.

You just "place" them into your ear, even the official manual says, don't push them. If they don't fit and/or the bass is weak, its the wrong size.

That is why they included so many sizes with them. So that everyone can find the right size

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back