Sony IER-M9 impressions thread
Sep 11, 2020 at 5:16 AM Post #856 of 3,254
Can you be a little more specific about what made you like the M7 and M9 better than your Andromedas?

Andromeda is good, have lot of similarity with my M7, thick midrange, forwarded lower mids, have details and little bites, but the bass, the Andromeda totally lost to M7 (and M9 also for sure) to my ears, they are not as precise, not as deep and Sony have better texture there. then midrange, for me combined soundstage depth and layering with that warm, full yet very detail mids can't get beaten out by my Andromeda, both are non harsh on mids. High extension better on Andromeda by a step, but maybe still better on M9, soundstage width Andromeda is very wide, M7 not as wide as Andromeda but M7 have more "precision" and correct, with better depth, better layering.
So those 2 more redundant for me, and I like M7 better, then i said goodbye to the green one.

Sep 11, 2020 at 8:58 AM Post #857 of 3,254
28AW 7n upocc litz with sedna xelastec and 60ohms adaptor pair with CalyxM (run Hi impendance), open up soundstage and boost extra bass depth with little bit of imagine,details. This combo is my best out of M9, (better than pair with WM-1A and stock cable)
I have ordered an ISN CU-4 premium copper cable for the M9. Where do I get the 60 0hm adaptor? Thanks for your help. I ordered the cable before the M9.

Sep 11, 2020 at 12:35 PM Post #859 of 3,254
I sold my Andromeda when I got the M9. It sounded like the Andromeda plus the bass it was missing.
off topic but this is not what's frequency chart is saying : quite different in treble section, mids & bass are quite similar. Andromeda out of 0 ohm impedance output with large bore tips do not miss bass in my opinion.
I own Andro for quite some time and I had the chance to demo the M9 in Singapour and I felt they were lacking clarity & engagement --> overly smooth.
But I wish I could demo them once again for a longer time though

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2020 at 12:54 PM Post #860 of 3,254
off topic but this is not what's frequency chart is saying : quite different in treble section, mids & bass are quite similar. Andromeda out of 0 ohm impedance output with large bore tips do not miss bass in my opinion.
I own Andro for quite some time and I had the chance to demo the M9 in Singapour and I felt they were lacking clarity & engagement --> overly smooth.
But I wish I could demo them once again for a longer time though

graph (1).png

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2020 at 3:05 PM Post #865 of 3,254
Sep 11, 2020 at 8:08 PM Post #867 of 3,254
Yeah, that graph "sounds" familiar to me. That was my impression when I had both side by side. M9 a bit more warm and Andro too bright. Between high mid and low high they are oposite and I could hear that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back