Sony IER-M9 impressions thread
Aug 6, 2020 at 3:21 PM Post #796 of 3,155
After 3 days with the Final Audio E Type tips. I think they are better sounding than Sony Hybrids for the IER-M9.
I can hear more depth in the soundstage and bass feels more well defined in texture and impact. I can also hear more timbre on some instruments.

Also I find it very easy to insert into my ear canal, no need to perform much venting/pressure adjustment or use special insertion method.

Please do give this tips a try If you want to improve the bass on the M9.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2020 at 5:08 PM Post #797 of 3,155
Hi would anyone be interested to trade the ier-m9 for a mint condition mdr-z7m2?

Aug 8, 2020 at 4:41 PM Post #799 of 3,155
Has anyone paired an ibasso dx160 with these? How was it?

Yup! Sounds great out of the 4.4 balanced. Pretty good out the 3.5, but the balanced is the way to go.

Aug 8, 2020 at 4:52 PM Post #800 of 3,155
After 3 days with the Final Audio E Type tips. I think they are better sounding than Sony Hybrids for the IER-M9.
I can hear more depth in the soundstage and bass feels more well defined in texture and impact. I can also hear more timbre on some instruments.

Also I find it very easy to insert into my ear canal, no need to perform much venting/pressure adjustment or use special insertion method.

Please do give this tips a try If you want to improve the bass on the M9.

Yep I’m also using Final E tips, for me it’s more on the comfort, but I do agree with you they also improve the bass on M9.

Aug 8, 2020 at 6:55 PM Post #801 of 3,155
Yep I’m also using Final E tips, for me it’s more on the comfort, but I do agree with you they also improve the bass on M9.
Final e are quite good, though spinfit cp145 are my preferred choice, they bring some extra rumble and depth, THOUGH! I Use the ones that come with the akg n5005 since they are a bit narrower, the 145oem can get stuck in you ear... been there, done that...

Aug 8, 2020 at 6:59 PM Post #802 of 3,155
I felt spinfit reduced treble abit. But if somone wants to tilt the sound signature emphasis towards bass on the m9, then go for spinfit by all means! It's your preferences of what sounds good.

Aug 20, 2020 at 3:49 PM Post #804 of 3,155
Has anyone paired an ibasso dx160 with these? How was it?
Out of the 4.4mm balances the treble, the soundstage improves, and the detail. Honestly slight drawback is the aggression of the dap, but its a significant jump in quality from a simple dongle.

Aug 26, 2020 at 2:00 PM Post #806 of 3,155
What is the bass like on the M9? I like to feel that sub bass on EDM. Can't quite stretch to a IER-Z1R just yet.
Surprisingly deep, the magnesium enclosure has a bit of rumble. I’m using a pair of tips from the wf1000xm3 and the longer stem has a great impact in the depth and bass

Aug 26, 2020 at 5:22 PM Post #807 of 3,155
Surprisingly deep, the magnesium enclosure has a bit of rumble. I’m using a pair of tips from the wf1000xm3 and the longer stem has a great impact in the depth and bass

Good to know, thanks. I think I may give them a go. Also have the wf1000xm3 and enjoying them.

Aug 27, 2020 at 12:25 AM Post #809 of 3,155
I have both z1r and m9
M9 bass is deep, but still very BA style bass, which you don't feel the punching air, and with quantity on lower side

is Z1R SUb bass as deep as M9? saw the FR graph a bit rolled off. Btw is Z1R really the best from sony lines? is Z1R batter in every aspect than M9? how about layering and imaging? because M9 have the best layering and imaging i can find in any IEMs so far ( I have M7 and they are great too, M9 is little bit better than M7, with better trebles and extension to upper end, mids and bass quite similar)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back