Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R
Oct 3, 2013 at 2:44 PM Post #2,568 of 2,773
So let me get this straight, the MDR 1R MKII or whatever its called is the newer version of the 1R, whereas the 10R is the cheaper budget version.

Oct 3, 2013 at 7:43 PM Post #2,569 of 2,773
So let me get this straight, the MDR 1R MKII or whatever its called is the newer version of the 1R, whereas the 10R is the cheaper budget version.

Yup!, but not cheaper in the sense of quality.

Oct 4, 2013 at 12:27 AM Post #2,570 of 2,773
As someone in the US, what do you guys recommend?

1R?
10R?
1RBT
10RBT?
MK2?
MK2BT?

I kinda wanted the 10RBT when they release as they are smaller and only $250 but I am now worried that the SQ will not be as good as the 1 and mk2 series. Also can anyone confirm or deny that the bluetooth versions dont sound as good as the regular version?

All I want is good clear sound with good bass and soundstage, should I just stick with my iems?

Oct 4, 2013 at 1:09 AM Post #2,575 of 2,773

I also generally favor velour over pleather,
but not at the gym. :wink:

Hehehe, were you reading my mind? I were to the gym today with some velours and I almost died. It was like working out on a Jersey! Either way, I don´t think I could stand them with pleather either. I think I´ll have to go with IEMs.

Oct 10, 2013 at 9:29 AM Post #2,576 of 2,773
Does anyone have a link to instructions (ideally with visuals) on how to temporarily expose the drivers  fully so to clean them up since I think something is casuing the headphones to rattle with loud bass.

Oct 24, 2013 at 2:18 AM Post #2,577 of 2,773
Can anyone compare the MDR1 to the xba series? Do they have better bass? Bigger soundstage?

I just got the xba-h1 and am wondering if there is any point in getting these if the H1 is as good or better, in fact what is the major difference between iem and full size? Just preference? I always assumed they had better bass and soundstage than iems.

Oct 27, 2013 at 12:08 AM Post #2,578 of 2,773
So ive got the MDR-1R today and have been listening to them a bit and i love the way they sound but i do have the feeling that the left side sounds a little bit more powerful than the right side. Not sure if it have been the songs i have been listening to or my ears or maybe even my imagination...

However i have noticed that the fabric inside the cups (kinda looks like fishnet) is a little loose on the right side, is this relevant?

Any good ways to test if both drivers are fine so i can lay my worries to rest??

Oct 27, 2013 at 9:27 PM Post #2,580 of 2,773
  So ive got the MDR-1R today and have been listening to them a bit and i love the way they sound but i do have the feeling that the left side sounds a little bit more powerful than the right side. Not sure if it have been the songs i have been listening to or my ears or maybe even my imagination...

However i have noticed that the fabric inside the cups (kinda looks like fishnet) is a little loose on the right side, is this relevant?

Any good ways to test if both drivers are fine so i can lay my worries to rest??

You should be able to swap left and right channels via software to hear if there is noticeable difference in sound.

Note that generally there is some imbalance between the left and right drivers due to manufacturing tolerances - I would expect budget priced cost headphones would be notorious for this. One can get tone signals at various frequencies and measure these imbalances. The difficulty is when you discover them, it may ruin your listening enjoyment as you will mentally know this. One can try and eq each channel to make the corrections, but it's more trouble than its worth.

As a wise man once said, ignorance is bliss!

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back