Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R
Apr 10, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #2,193 of 2,773
Quote:
Hey I like em unequalized, but I do sometimes increase the highs/treble. It depends what you like.

Agreed. They sound great just the way they are.

Apr 10, 2013 at 6:34 PM Post #2,194 of 2,773
I just wanna add that I just got my DT250 velour pads and put 'em on my MDR-1RBT and wow. Just wow. They just got so much comfortable. Also I feel that the bass is more "boomy" in a way, not by alot, but it's something that I really appreciate.

If you don't mind spending the extra bux for them (I had to put an extra $50 for the pads alone), then don't hesitate.

Also, for anyone else who got the Bluetooth version, buy a 3.5mm bluetooth transmitter, you can get one for under $20 from amazon. It's great, it lets you transmit sound from anything with a 3.5mm jack using the bluetooth transmitter. I'm using it with my PC, TV, laptop and mp3's like my clip+.

Apr 10, 2013 at 6:50 PM Post #2,195 of 2,773
Quote:
I just wanna add that I just got my DT250 velour pads and put 'em on my MDR-1RBT and wow. Just wow. They just got so much comfortable. Also I feel that the bass is more "boomy" in a way, not by alot, but it's something that I really appreciate.

If you don't mind spending the extra bux for them (I had to put an extra $50 for the pads alone), then don't hesitate.

Also, for anyone else who got the Bluetooth version, buy a 3.5mm bluetooth transmitter, you can get one for under $20 from amazon. It's great, it lets you transmit sound from anything with a 3.5mm jack using the bluetooth transmitter. I'm using it with my PC, TV, laptop and mp3's like my clip+.

Nice find! Now if I could find velour pads for the standard 1R, that's be something I'd want to look into.

Apr 10, 2013 at 6:58 PM Post #2,196 of 2,773

That's exactly what I experienced. I prefer the stock ones though because I'm not really into boomy bass. They also sounded slightly more laid back.

Apr 10, 2013 at 6:58 PM Post #2,197 of 2,773

That's exactly what I experienced. I prefer the stock ones though because I'm not really into boomy bass. They also sounded slightly more laid back.

Apr 11, 2013 at 7:10 PM Post #2,199 of 2,773
Apr 11, 2013 at 7:40 PM Post #2,200 of 2,773
Quote:

That mixed with your avatar just giggled the crap out of me. 

Glad I could entertain. Here all night.
gs1000.gif

Apr 12, 2013 at 5:52 AM Post #2,201 of 2,773
Quote:
For those of you with the MDR-1RBT, do you hear the navigation rocker rattle when you shake your head? I'm not really bothered by it, but I want to make sure I don't have a slightly defective unit.

Sorry to bump this! Anyone with an MDR-1RBT willing to chime in? I'd love to know if it's a problem with the build or if I'm the odd one out. I can't stop hearing it now that I'm aware of it. Wonder if it's fixable...?

Apr 12, 2013 at 7:19 AM Post #2,202 of 2,773
Quote:
Sorry to bump this! Anyone with an MDR-1RBT willing to chime in? I'd love to know if it's a problem with the build or if I'm the odd one out. I can't stop hearing it now that I'm aware of it. Wonder if it's fixable...?

If you explain what you mean with "navigation rocker" I'll try and help :p

Edit: After some thinking, I'm now pretty sure that you mean the "previous song/play/pause/next song" rocker :p

Anyway, I've shaken my head with the headphones on to the point where I have a major headache. No rattle whatsoever.

Apr 12, 2013 at 12:43 PM Post #2,204 of 2,773
Quote:
Yes, that's exactly what I meant. Thank you for risking minor brain damage to help me out.
smily_headphones1.gif

I guess I'll have to get an exchange, then. Too bad!

No worries :D

I feel you, my first pair broke after an hour. When playing music through bluetooth only the right speaker gave out any noise. I was so busy the next couple of weeks I actually had to use the wire when listening to music :frowning2: On the good side though, the new pair I got are much more comfortable with the stock pads, but they're clearly beaten by the velour pads :wink:

Apr 13, 2013 at 1:21 PM Post #2,205 of 2,773
For those MDR1r owners who use either iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch as a source, have you tried the Accudio app from GoldenEars?
I did some tweaks with the use of the custom EQ (Parametric) and would like to ask if you can try the following settings:

Volume Gain: Auto (-7dB)

Frequency          Gain          Bandwidth(Q)
20 Hz                +4 dB              1.95 Oct
30 Hz                +3 dB              1.10 Oct
40 Hz                +1 dB              0.80 Oct
95 Hz                -2 dB               0.50 Oct
450 Hz              +4 dB              0.90 Oct
6000 Hz            +7 dB              0.30 Oct
7000 Hz            +4 dB              0.20 Oct
9000 Hz             -8 dB              0.20 Oct
13000 Hz           +5dB              0.20 Oct

I'm not an expert on Mixing or Audio tech and would really appreciate it if someone competent in this subject matter can provide his input/impression.
So far, I'm quite happy with this setting but just wondering if there's more I can add/change to further improve the sound of the MDR1r to be more like the XBA 3/30 signature: a fun but well balanced sound.

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back