Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R
Mar 14, 2013 at 1:18 PM Post #1,996 of 2,773
I'm very tempted to grab a pair of these off ebay for as cheap as possible.

Still need to comfirm my new paypal account though, which I have to wait 2-3 days to do.
frown.gif

So don't go hoggng them all!
biggrin.gif

Mar 14, 2013 at 2:20 PM Post #1,999 of 2,773
Quote:
I picked these up instead of having them mailed. I must say, I was a little sceptical to pick up a pair for even less than half the regular price. They were still sealed! 
smily_headphones1.gif

If you get another one at that price I will buy it from you :)
Except I'm on the other side of the world (Canada) so possible issues with shipping/customs

Mar 14, 2013 at 5:51 PM Post #2,000 of 2,773
Quick note: I am not happy about the Sony customer service: they couldn't answer if the pins of the cable are LRGM or LRMG. I mean come on... at least someone from the company should have known the technical details. But I guess it's as always: customer services just suck.

By putting logic together it should be LRGM because the headset is iPhone compatible - however it's not 100% safe as some customers who bought splitter cables told it to be not working! I ordered now a splitter cable which "assumingly" uses LRGM pins and will report back in time...

Mar 14, 2013 at 5:55 PM Post #2,001 of 2,773
Quote:
Quick note: I am not happy about the Sony customer service: they couldn't answer if the pins of the cable are LRGM or LRMG. I mean come on... at least someone from the company should have known the technical details. But I guess it's as always: customer services just suck.

Someone obviously does, he just doesn't sit in outsourced customer service.

Mar 14, 2013 at 10:17 PM Post #2,006 of 2,773
Did anyone's unit arrive with any cosmetic defects? Mine has a small chip on the metallic-looking portion of the headband that connects the left cup. Also, the right cup has a small white spec which I initially thought was dust but it turns out it's a small chip in the paint. It doesn't sit well with me paying this amount of money and getting cosmetic defects, but I'm also worried about getting a replacement with creaking or jack rattle.

Mar 14, 2013 at 10:37 PM Post #2,007 of 2,773
Ugh. The more I listen to these the more I'm starting to love them. There's a sense of fullness that I haven't seemed to get with many other cans!

Oh jebus forbid you start to love them! :wink:

Mar 15, 2013 at 6:23 AM Post #2,008 of 2,773
How much did you get them forb? If i were you, id call the people who sold you them up and ask for a replacement.
Did anyone's unit arrive with any cosmetic defects? Mine has a small chip on the metallic-looking portion of the headband that connects the left cup. Also, the right cup has a small white spec which I initially thought was dust but it turns out it's a small chip in the paint. It doesn't sit well with me paying this amount of money and getting cosmetic defects, but I'm also worried about getting a replacement with creaking or jack rattle.

Mar 15, 2013 at 7:17 AM Post #2,009 of 2,773
I could get them for $220, they look sexy as hell, but damn... This isn't dirt cheap. 
biggrin.gif

Mar 15, 2013 at 7:18 AM Post #2,010 of 2,773
I could get them for $220, they look sexy as hell, but damn... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back