Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R
Feb 26, 2013 at 1:20 AM Post #1,876 of 2,773
Quote:
I could only snap a few pictures with the iphone. Unfortunately, I don't have the 1R version, so I can't comment on whether it is possible to install the pads on it. On the 1RBT installation is as easy as installing it on Sony's 7506 or v6.

cool, looks indeed to fit very well. thanks! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 26, 2013 at 3:44 PM Post #1,879 of 2,773
Hello everyone,

I have listened to this phone in a media market and found it very comfortably and good sound. However now I have read, that on 1 cable a microphone is included as well - to be used with iPhone/iPad.

Now, I wanted to ask if this microphone (or better said the plug which contains the mic cable) can be connected to a notebook / PC as well and if this actually works?

I am just guessing it's some kind of single all-in-one plug which contains both the mic and headphone cable and maybe needs to be used with an additional plug which splits the single one into "phone" and "mic". But I don't know, that's why I'm asking...

Also if this works I'd be interest how the quality of the microphone is?

Feb 26, 2013 at 9:33 PM Post #1,881 of 2,773
Quote:
what did the 7506 ear pads do to the 1RBT?

Been using the 7506 ear pads on the 1RBT and comfort wise they're alot better. The pads are stiffer, so my problem with the OEM-pads (ears touching the speaker) are now fixed. Isolation is a tad bit lower, still great isolation though. Leakage is a little bit worse, definitely noticeable difference.

I'm no expert audiophile so maybe I shouldn't comment on the sound but I do find the bass more controlled with the 7506 pads, still thumping though.

I just wish I could order the velour version of them from amazon, but sadly they won't ship to sweden.

Feb 26, 2013 at 9:34 PM Post #1,882 of 2,773
Quote:
Hello everyone,

I have listened to this phone in a media market and found it very comfortably and good sound. However now I have read, that on 1 cable a microphone is included as well - to be used with iPhone/iPad.

Now, I wanted to ask if this microphone (or better said the plug which contains the mic cable) can be connected to a notebook / PC as well and if this actually works?

I am just guessing it's some kind of single all-in-one plug which contains both the mic and headphone cable and maybe needs to be used with an additional plug which splits the single one into "phone" and "mic". But I don't know, that's why I'm asking...

Also if this works I'd be interest how the quality of the microphone is?

This would work with certain kind of macbook models, as the 3.5mm jack on them are "merged" in a way. So the headphone and mic jack is actually the same one. 

For a "normal" pc with two different jacks I'm pretty sure you'd need an adapter.

Feb 27, 2013 at 9:27 AM Post #1,883 of 2,773
I tried both the OEM 7506 pads, and the Velour ones (oredered the Auray ones from B&H).
I found the bass more controleed, and the isolation to be better than the 1RBT OEM / 7506 OEM.
As I previously stated, I am not an expert, but there's no way I am going back to the original ones, now that I have installed the Velour pads.

Feb 27, 2013 at 11:37 AM Post #1,884 of 2,773
I tried both the OEM 7506 pads, and the Velour ones (oredered the Auray ones from B&H).
I found the bass more controleed, and the isolation to be better than the 1RBT OEM / 7506 OEM.
As I previously stated, I am not an expert, but there's no way I am going back to the original ones, now that I have installed the Velour pads.

I did manage to get a pair of dt250 velour pads, but as you mentioned before they have no cover for the speaker. Did you find this irritating or does it still work well?

Feb 28, 2013 at 11:29 AM Post #1,889 of 2,773
Jazz aswell, very smooth sounding for it.

Feb 28, 2013 at 1:40 PM Post #1,890 of 2,773
I would say female vocals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back