Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R
Jan 6, 2013 at 10:50 PM Post #1,546 of 2,773
Quote:
Can anyone point me to a decent semi-hard travel case for the MDR-1R/-1RBT?  I have the -1RBT, which is just perfect for my needs, but the soft carry pouch doesn't really suit me.  It looks like the -1RNC comes with a more form-fitting carrying case, and I could try sourcing one, but it does seem to be that protective, and undoubtedly will be expensive.  Other than generic semi-hard cases on ebay, I haven't found anything yet.  Many thanks.

http://www.slappa.com/HardBody-PRO-Full-Size-Headphone-case

Jan 6, 2013 at 11:27 PM Post #1,548 of 2,773
Quote:
not really.  the K167/267, M100 and MDR1r were all 4 options i had wanted.  i am still really enjoying my 167, but the mdr1r just wasn't the sound sig i am looking for.  i am going to try the m100 next, hopefully.  they may or may not be what i am looking for either, but id like to see.

Ah, good luck with the M100. The Sony's for me now are not that amazing but I have yet to even reach the 50 hour burn-in mark with these due to lack of time so I'm giving them a chance as I use them a little more.

Jan 7, 2013 at 3:16 PM Post #1,551 of 2,773
Quote:
There was a post that said that the extra China-made cable sounded less balanced and more bassy. 

Whoever made this statement should have their head caved in with a sledgehammer ears examined.

Jan 7, 2013 at 4:07 PM Post #1,553 of 2,773
What's so funny about that? I've heard differences between cables in the past and not talking $1 vs $100 cables but a stock thick cable vs a very thin cable (think FiiO amp included cables). :p

Stock thick Q40 cable -> warmer, a bit smeared sounding
Monoprice very thin cable -> very slightly brighter, less smeared sounding, tiny bit more pronounced bass 

Jan 7, 2013 at 6:33 PM Post #1,554 of 2,773
believers or non-believers, the cable with volume control and the one that doesnt have a volume control makes the 1R less or more bassy respectively. i also gave that test to 3 of my friends at different places without them knowing whats in it, and their comments are one and the same--- "what happened with the bass?" is their impression.

one of my friends mentioned that maybe the resistors inside the volume control makes it less bassy, assuming both cables have the same gauge.

Jan 7, 2013 at 7:25 PM Post #1,555 of 2,773
Well, which one has more bass? I have only used the "special edition" or whatever it said on the package...the non iphone one. Not enough bass for me there. Was it the one with more or less?

Jan 7, 2013 at 7:32 PM Post #1,556 of 2,773
Quote:
Well, which one has more bass? I have only used the "special edition" or whatever it said on the package...the non iphone one. Not enough bass for me there. Was it the one with more or less?

The normal one is the one w/ more bass 
biggrin.gif

Jan 7, 2013 at 8:23 PM Post #1,558 of 2,773
Quote:
believers or non-believers, the cable with volume control and the one that doesnt have a volume control makes the 1R less or more bassy respectively. i also gave that test to 3 of my friends at different places without them knowing whats in it, and their comments are one and the same--- "what happened with the bass?" is their impression.

one of my friends mentioned that maybe the resistors inside the volume control makes it less bassy, assuming both cables have the same gauge.

Quote:
The normal one? Which is that? Iphone or no iphone control?

w/ out the control 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back