Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R
Sep 2, 2012 at 4:43 PM Post #77 of 2,773
Quote:
I was saving up my money for the z1000 but now I want these lol. Heard the 1r though is made out of plastic

I would wait until you hear the 1R and Z1000.

Sep 2, 2012 at 7:29 PM Post #78 of 2,773
my friend has a z1000, and i will possibly buy the 1R so i can contribute to that. i also have a cd900st

dont care if it is made of plastic as long as the plastic is the same with z1000/cd900st which is very durable

Sep 2, 2012 at 8:10 PM Post #79 of 2,773
Quote:
my friend has a z1000, and i will possibly buy the 1R so i can contribute to that. i also have a cd900st

dont care if it is made of plastic as long as the plastic is the same with z1000/cd900st which is very durable

Um. The Z1000 is made out of magnesium. It's quite different in terms of durability (though plastic Sony's aren't bad.)

Sep 2, 2012 at 9:18 PM Post #80 of 2,773
Lol this is amusing. A video of the musicians telling the Sony engineer that it needs more low end, using some strange prototype MDR-1R and EQ box

Now it seems a little hard to believe that they could make any more changes to the sound considering they appear to be wearing final production headphones, so the video is strange marketing more than anything else.

Sep 2, 2012 at 9:41 PM Post #81 of 2,773
Quote:

Um. The Z1000 is made out of magnesium. It's quite different in terms of durability (though plastic Sony's aren't bad.)

it feels plastic to me :p maybe thats where all those squeaking noise is coming from when i move the cup joints. it needs a wd40!

anyways, if the R1 is made with plastic similar with cd900st, its all good

Sep 2, 2012 at 9:46 PM Post #82 of 2,773
at the vid there is no mention of midrange, only bass and treble, so the R1 is very much possible has a v-shaped soundsig. also one of the guys said that it has a sharp treble and the other guy said that it needs more bottom end...

so which is which lol

Sep 2, 2012 at 9:56 PM Post #83 of 2,773
Quote:
at the vid there is no mention of midrange, only bass and treble, so the R1 is very much possible has a v-shaped soundsig. also one of the guys said that it has a sharp treble and the other guy said that it needs more bottom end...

so which is which lol

I wouldn't really take any of it seriously. It's just a commercial, haha.

Sep 2, 2012 at 10:37 PM Post #84 of 2,773
ill end up buying it anyway, if it sounds bad, i can mod it, if it still sounds bad, ill replace the driver with cd900st drivers i have =)

or maybe SFI drivers

Sep 2, 2012 at 10:42 PM Post #86 of 2,773
Quote:
Lol this is amusing. A video of the musicians telling the Sony engineer that it needs more low end, using some strange prototype MDR-1R and EQ box

Now it seems a little hard to believe that they could make any more changes to the sound considering they appear to be wearing final production headphones, so the video is strange marketing more than anything else.

"Its like you're in a room, rather than listening to headphones"
Who wants to bet they have either no or lackluster soundstage? :p

Sep 2, 2012 at 11:13 PM Post #88 of 2,773
Sony is  manufacturing in China now that eases costs for them.   Not sure about those exact headphones I will find out .I think  those phones might be $ 800.00 if made in Japan   Hon Hai Precision / Foxconn makes a lot of stuff for Sony  , Apple, Hp.,  Microsoft and   almost everybody else on the planet now  now they are the worlds biggest ODM electronics manufacturer.  They have metropolitan (large) city size factories (some that individually employ 400,000  people)  over there on a scale unimaginable here in US .Closest thing we ever had to that was Ford motors old river rouge plant it was huge but  small by comparison  Foxconn is China's single largest exporter just to give you an  idea of scale.They make the PS3 and XBox 360 also and  probably ICBM electronics ,satellites and who who knows what else for the PRC.  They made  the HP computer I'm typing on right now. probably my headphones too. Senns and KRK's .   They are building huge metropolitan cities there at an astounding  rate granted some may  be vacant but that won't always be the case .They need to keep  building  to keep up with the urbanization .
The urban population in China is projected to be nearly one billion people.in 2025  They are facing many of the problems  western countries have faced but on a much larger scale. 
 wish them luck . 

Sep 2, 2012 at 11:19 PM Post #89 of 2,773
wow! so many new close back headphone coming up. These and the Senn Momentum are very interesting. The price is right at $299 now hope for the sound to be good. The Russian article include some FR graph and it look like they address the bass region. :rolleyes:

Sep 2, 2012 at 11:19 PM Post #90 of 2,773
Quote:
Sony is  manufacturing in China now that eases costs for them.  

NO NO NO WHY 

God, Old Sony is SO much better than New Sony, I mean *** I wish I could live back in the era when Sony made the best headphone ever >__<

Users who are viewing this thread

Back