Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R
Nov 5, 2012 at 2:48 PM Post #721 of 2,773
Quote:
Ya but for 1) Accessory Jack might not be authorized dealer but they sell 100% legit stuff. 2) I just bought the silver and brown for $265 shipped..3) I have never had issue with their service.. 4) I have never had any issue with a sony product ever..

These factors = Sold.

Agreed!
Also, I still have not received shipping notice from the other store I ordered my cans so... I also ordered from "Jack" and cancelled the first one... :wink:

Nov 5, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #722 of 2,773
I'm finding this headphone to be the best portable headphone that I've purchased recently.  It must needed some burn in because I've been hearing that sub-bass more and more as I listen.  When amped, it sounds ridiculous.  Absolutely loving these and I don't think my other portables are going to get much attention anymore.  

Nov 5, 2012 at 6:38 PM Post #723 of 2,773
Quote:
I'm finding this headphone to be the best portable headphone that I've purchased recently.  It must needed some burn in because I've been hearing that sub-bass more and more as I listen.  When amped, it sounds ridiculous.  Absolutely loving these and I don't think my other portables are going to get much attention anymore.  

Nice!
I'm just hoping these guys kick V-MODA M100s ass... Again brought my M100s to work and... still uncomfortable... still underwhelming....

Nov 5, 2012 at 6:44 PM Post #724 of 2,773
Quote:

Nice!
I'm just hoping these guys kick V-MODA M100s ass... Again brought my M100s to work and... still uncomfortable... still underwhelming....

That's not good to hear since I'm waiting from the second preorder.  I had a feeling the comfort might be a problem.  Oh, well I'm sure it will sell fast if need be.  Sony's are keepers though.  Damn Accessory Jack, I could have saved myself 100 bucks if I waited just a couple more weeks.  

Nov 5, 2012 at 7:10 PM Post #725 of 2,773
I managed to find a 25$ off code AND had a horseshoe shoved somewhere to land a silver pair by accident LOL.

Not that I'm complaining mind you...

Nov 5, 2012 at 7:30 PM Post #726 of 2,773
I really need to demo these guys.  Usually you see a hype train when a product comes out, but it is usually followed by some flak and then some sort of general consensus is made about its type of SQ (which to me is more important than personal preference).

Usually the flak has hit by now and equalization begins.  The fact that it hasn't has me wondering if these guys are a true gem.  So far, I really like what everyone has to say about its sound signature, regardless of personal preference.

Time to check the Sony store in my area... might be time to sell something off

Nov 5, 2012 at 10:34 PM Post #730 of 2,773
I managed to find a 25$ off code AND had a horseshoe shoved somewhere to land a silver pair by accident LOL.
Not that I'm complaining mind you...

Any chance you can comment on these vs Denon DN-HP700? Just for reference sake, Thanks

Nov 5, 2012 at 11:23 PM Post #731 of 2,773
I was hoping to A/B compare them but was unable to do so. From memory the Hp700 is more V shaped in signature with stronger mid bass and less sub-bass. The mids of the Hp700 will likely seem more distant than the 1R, the treble might be a bit more agressive though. Comfort wise the 1R wins hands down as well portability wise. Sound stage and positioning is hard to remember but I think the 1R wins there to. But the HP700 may be a better can if you want it's signature style and it's more visceral nature due to that v shaped signature.

But I got rid of the HP700 mainly due to lack of comfort and lack of portability which the 1R has in spades so it's easy to see where I stand.

Nov 6, 2012 at 1:12 AM Post #733 of 2,773
Someone was asking if the 1RBT NFC was compatible with any Android phones other than Sony and it looks like they are. I found the manual and it points you to an app called NFC Easy Connect. Looking forward to trying these out with my Galaxy S3 and Nexus 7.

Nov 6, 2012 at 4:50 AM Post #735 of 2,773
Quote:
Can anyone comment on how these compare to the SRH840 or HD25? Does the bass have impact/punch?

Here is what a guy from headfonia answered me on fb,when I asked about shure srh 840 - sony MDR 1r comparison:

"The sony is warmer, more bass, less neutral, more musical, smoother. It's clean and grainless. Soundstage three depth better than the 840. I think the 840 makes a better monitoring headphone, the Sony a better music listening headphone."

He didn't like MDR 1R weak prat though,as he also commented.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back