Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R
Jan 13, 2014 at 5:40 AM Post #2,656 of 2,773
Hello everybody, I own a pair of MDR-1R and i am very happy with my purcharse. However I am quite annoyed by the impossibility to use the provided cable with mic to call using my Galaxy SII, due to the different jack scheme.

Are there any apple/android adaptors for the 4 pin jacks or can u suggest a 3 button cable with mic which is compatible with android devices?

Thanks in advance :wink:

Jan 13, 2014 at 5:47 AM Post #2,657 of 2,773
Have you tried the various remote apps on the Play Store. Might be worth a try.

Jan 15, 2014 at 8:42 AM Post #2,658 of 2,773
Guys is there any way to prevent the creaking on the arms that old the cups.... On higher volumes its not noticeable at all, but on medium and lower volumes its a bit noticeable, specially when you have to move your head a lot....

Jan 15, 2014 at 12:14 PM Post #2,659 of 2,773
  Guys is there any way to prevent the creaking on the arms that old the cups.... On higher volumes its not noticeable at all, but on medium and lower volumes its a bit noticeable, specially when you have to move your head a lot....

You would need to open them and apply something like silicon spray or graphite on hinges inside.

Jan 15, 2014 at 12:45 PM Post #2,660 of 2,773
I swear, every single time I read about the creaking or the loose cables, I thank my jebus that I didn't have any of these problems at all. Again, I did import mine from Japan because I wanted the silver/brown versions. I guess I just turned out lucky.

Jan 15, 2014 at 2:18 PM Post #2,661 of 2,773
I am not very handy..... :-D
I prefer not to try.... I might end up ruining something....

But the creaks are usual on the majority of the 1rs (not mk2 version)?
They are a perfectly well build headphone.... Efven the jack rattle is quite easy to live with because its easy to stop it.... The creaking on the other hand.... Its a shame that such a well built headphone as this kind of issues.... :'(
You would need to open them and apply something like silicon spray or graphite on hinges inside.

Jan 15, 2014 at 2:52 PM Post #2,662 of 2,773
I haven't seen any MK2 impressions yet.

Jan 15, 2014 at 2:57 PM Post #2,663 of 2,773
Jan 15, 2014 at 3:14 PM Post #2,664 of 2,773
Thanks. I might check it out, although I'm holding off for now as I'll get tempted to buy them.

Jan 15, 2014 at 3:59 PM Post #2,665 of 2,773
I am not very handy..... :-D
I prefer not to try.... I might end up ruining something....

But the creaks are usual on the majority of the 1rs (not mk2 version)?
They are a perfectly well build headphone.... Efven the jack rattle is quite easy to live with because its easy to stop it.... The creaking on the other hand.... Its a shame that such a well built headphone as this kind of issues.... :'(

Sony is a creak house, LOL.
biggrin.gif

I had to fix one on 7520 as well, shame on such otherwise greatly built phones.

Jan 15, 2014 at 5:03 PM Post #2,666 of 2,773
I feel like I'm going to throw some silicon or graphite in there just in case this ever does become an issue. Although I've not experienced it, I can easily see how they could do that.

Jan 15, 2014 at 7:58 PM Post #2,668 of 2,773
You can find some here, good opportunity to apply dynamat as well.
Dynamat mod for Sony MDR-1R

Just word of caution, the red silicon rings (washers on hinges) seem to expand after silicon spray, at first I thought they were ruined, but they shrunk back. 
confused.gif
 May be graphite is better.

Feb 19, 2014 at 9:00 PM Post #2,669 of 2,773
So I just picked up a set of Momentums and was wondering if I should've picked up the 1Rs instead. From the descriptions I've read in this thread, it sounds like the two have similar sound signatures, but the Momentum beats the 1R in terms of detail, extension, and speed whereas the 1R has the edge in comfort and soundstage. Does that sound about right?

Feb 19, 2014 at 9:50 PM Post #2,670 of 2,773
  So I just picked up a set of Momentums and was wondering if I should've picked up the 1Rs instead. From the descriptions I've read in this thread, it sounds like the two have similar sound signatures, but the Momentum beats the 1R in terms of detail, extension, and speed whereas the 1R has the edge in comfort and soundstage. Does that sound about right?

Sounds about right. For me, the signatures are very close, but what isn't close is the comfort where the 1R just destroys the Momentum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back