Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R
Jan 12, 2013 at 12:52 PM Post #1,636 of 2,773
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
First, graphs don't tell much compare to a real listen, let alone a single FR curve from multiple party with different measuring system for a totally unrelated pair of headphones.

I can't help to agree with others that you are just full of bs.

What do you mean unrelated, takato might not own or properly auditioned MDR-1R but he owns DT1350, and all other phones are just not worthy.
biggrin.gif

Exactly my point. I own the DT1350 and the ATH-M50. After the DT1350, the M50's low end sounds hollow and light. It doesn't give body to instruments. The MDR-1R has a steeper rolloff than the M50, which is why I have a say in this.

And yes, I know about the different measuring systems, I was unable to find measurements for all 3 from the same equipment. Sorry. It still gives a relative idea of how the 3 compare.

If you please take a closer look and read the model name as well. It clearly show MDR-Z1000 not MDR-1R.

If you wish to blash the Z1000, it is this way: http://www.head-fi.org/t/510768/mdr-z1000-new-sony-flagship-headphones , I which I might actually join in. :p

If not, get yourself to listen it properly or at least get the right graph to reference...

Jan 12, 2013 at 1:32 PM Post #1,637 of 2,773
Quote:
Nope, sorry, don't see how this makes any sense. Headphones aren't supposed to be fashion accessories, they're supposed to reproduce sound. If the design of a headphone sacrifices looks for sound quality, isolation, fit, comfort, and other things related to functionality there is no reason you shouldn't be using it. 

But the sad truth is, most view them as a fashion accessory. Why do you think Monster has succeeded all these years? Why are there so many celebrity endorsed headphones now?

There is no problem with those who want something that looks AND sounds good. If they want something that looks good, but sounds like crap, so be it. No point in arguing, really.

Jan 12, 2013 at 3:46 PM Post #1,638 of 2,773
Quote:
Quote:
I don't think the black/red is ugly at all. The silver/brown is much better, but still.

Additionally if you're ruling out a headphone simply because of its looks you need your head examined.

Pretty sure it's the people who don't care how they look in public that need their heads examined.

If you're seriously that vain, go buy a pair of Beats and shut up.

Jan 12, 2013 at 3:47 PM Post #1,639 of 2,773
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
First, graphs don't tell much compare to a real listen, let alone a single FR curve from multiple party with different measuring system for a totally unrelated pair of headphones.

I can't help to agree with others that you are just full of bs.

What do you mean unrelated, takato might not own or properly auditioned MDR-1R but he owns DT1350, and all other phones are just not worthy.
biggrin.gif

Exactly my point. I own the DT1350 and the ATH-M50. After the DT1350, the M50's low end sounds hollow and light. It doesn't give body to instruments. The MDR-1R has a steeper rolloff than the M50, which is why I have a say in this.

And yes, I know about the different measuring systems, I was unable to find measurements for all 3 from the same equipment. Sorry. It still gives a relative idea of how the 3 compare.

If you please take a closer look and read the model name as well. It clearly show MDR-Z1000 not MDR-1R.

If you wish to blash the Z1000, it is this way: http://www.head-fi.org/t/510768/mdr-z1000-new-sony-flagship-headphones , I which I might actually join in. :p

If not, get yourself to listen it properly or at least get the right graph to reference...

Wait what... 

*FACEDESK*

Jan 12, 2013 at 5:16 PM Post #1,641 of 2,773
Guys, just keep it in line 
biggrin.gif
 someone might be coming here really soon. People make mistakes, schiit happens, yada yada yada. Aren't here to fight, but to share thoughts. I know thoughts can get out there and can get really personal, but for everyone's sake, just calm down. If you don't like something just don't say it... or you could block the member you don't like. It's as simple as that. No need to fight with people you don't know 
tongue.gif

Jan 12, 2013 at 6:56 PM Post #1,642 of 2,773
Quote:
Is that really necessary? Beats are hideous and your comment is out of line. Keep it to yourself.

It's hard to keep it in line when people are being stone-headed and illogical. 

But my apologies.

Jan 12, 2013 at 8:56 PM Post #1,644 of 2,773
Quote:
Quote:

But my apologies.

Can you please explain us once more why you keep posting in this thread?

Don't worry about all his comments on this thread. All his comments are actually about the Z1000 instead of this, he had a extending staring session with the wrong graph in the first place.

Jan 12, 2013 at 8:56 PM Post #1,645 of 2,773
Jan 12, 2013 at 9:08 PM Post #1,646 of 2,773
Quote:
Quote:

But my apologies.

People are raving over a mainstream headphone that's $300 and is only average in the performance department. With headphones like the DT1350 around this headphone cannot possibly be worth its asking price given the reviews on it I've read so far. It's not even close to the 1350's standards based on what others have said. 

Additionally the remark about not wanting the 1R just because of the colorscheme kind of pissed me off. 

Jan 12, 2013 at 9:15 PM Post #1,647 of 2,773
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

But my apologies.

People are raving over a mainstream headphone that's $300 and is only average in the performance department. With headphones like the DT1350 around this headphone cannot possibly be worth its asking price given the reviews on it I've read so far. It's not even close to the 1350's standards based on what others have said. 

Additionally the remark about not wanting the 1R just because of the colorscheme kind of pissed me off. 

Unlike you I have actually heard both many times. While DT1350 sounded decent,  I dislike the DT1350 for quite a few reason, for one major factor called comfort at least.

If you loved your DT1350 so much, just go listen to it more! No one want to hear about how much you dislike others liking anything other than the mighty DT1350.

Don't post unless you heard it in a good listening environment. Listen with your ears instead of with your eyes reading text and graphs.

Additionally this kind of members on Head-Fi kind of pissed me off.

Jan 12, 2013 at 9:22 PM Post #1,648 of 2,773
Quote:
Unlike you I have actually heard both many times. While DT1350 sounded decent,  I dislike the DT1350 for quite a few reason, for one major factor called comfort at least.

If you loved your DT1350 so much, just go listen to it more! No one want to hear about how much you dislike others liking anything other than the mighty DT1350.

Don't post unless you heard it in a good listening environment. Listen with your ears instead of with your eyes reading text and graphs.

You're dancing around my point. Ignore the DT1350, it's just being used as an example. The point is that the MDR-1R is an average headphone that's being sold at a price far above average and yet people still rave about it. It makes absolutely no sense and the way that people flock around overpriced headphones like this irks me to no end. It's the same reason I hate Beats.

And seriously, stop with the whole "you have to hear it to judge it" B/S. While theres know way to know how a headphone sounds from a review or an FR graph, you can use these things to get an idea of how it compares to other headphones.

Jan 12, 2013 at 9:26 PM Post #1,649 of 2,773
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

But my apologies.

You're dancing around my point. Ignore the DT1350, it's just being used as an example. The point is that the MDR-1R is an average headphone that's being sold at a price far above average and yet people still rave about it. It makes absolutely no sense and the way that people flock around overpriced headphones like this irks me to no end. It's the same reason I hate Beats.

Just what makes you think it is an average headphone in any way? Excellent sound stage, lush mids with respectable thump in an extremely comfortable and stylish package at £170 under? Don't make me laugh grouping them same as Beats.

Jan 12, 2013 at 9:29 PM Post #1,650 of 2,773
I'm wondering if anyone has compared the MDR-1R to the Yamaha PRO 500?  When I auditioned the MDR-1R, I liked the forwardness of the mids, but was disappointed in the detail- if Sony is going to put their mids under a microscope by making them so forward, IMO they missed a big opportunity to make them detail monsters.  Also, I was disappointed in their bass as I prefer the M-100.  The Yamaha PRO 500 has a few nice reviews as well as some impressions on their thread that speak to excellent bass performance and a high level of midrange detail which would address my two biggest concerns with the MDR-1R.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back