Sony h.ear on MDR-100AAP - $199 'Hi-Res Audio' Over-Ear Headphones
Dec 24, 2016 at 1:39 AM Post #1,651 of 1,768
After reading through a lot of these pages I'm still confused.. Actually more so after reading.. I'm getting these for a price even lower than the audio technica ath m50x, so I'm definitely leaning towards these.
The thing is I'm reading everywhere that these are relaxed and balanced headphones, my earlier pair Sony xb 950bt were really bass centric and I liked that.. What I'm concerned with is would I be able to achieve similar bass levels by using equalizer, I do want clarity and balanced sound, but I also want these to be able to give a punchy bass when I listen to some dubstep, or edms

They're perfect for EDM in general, I don't think you'll need to EQ the bass to be higher. 

Dec 25, 2016 at 2:55 PM Post #1,654 of 1,768
I got the Sennheiser 598 closed for $100 and I'm never looking back :)

A lot of ppl have been buying them with the illusion that they are on sale. But they are on sale in every part of the globe. In India they were supposed to be on sale for only a week but it's been on sale for about 2 months now. I've a friend who bought into the massive 'discount' but personally i feel my brother's 558 and even my m30xs are much better. The bass is just so... disappointing and mids so veiled but they are quite comfortable tho i would never compramise sound quality for comfort. But that's just my opinion. Enjoy ur phones :p

Jan 17, 2017 at 7:12 AM Post #1,656 of 1,768
Hi guys, I have a small question.

How bad is the audio leakage? Is is comparable to an open back headphone?

Is it too much to use in an office? Can you still hear the music in the train? 

It is the only drawback I am afraid will effect me, so any additional insights would be very appreciated.

thnx! 

Jan 19, 2017 at 12:38 AM Post #1,658 of 1,768
From past 3 months I am using MDR 100AAP directly connected to A25 as my Fiio E12 stopped working. That amplifier is just useless. Now I am enjoying the natural, clean and uncolored sound.

Also my MDR 100AAP has completed one year. For this headphone burn in is a must. After 150 hours of burn in it really shows its talent. 

Jan 19, 2017 at 5:14 AM Post #1,659 of 1,768
I use an Fiio E18 on my own headphones and I am really pleased with it (it also has a DAC though). 

I got the 100AAP yesterday (present for GF), and it is decent, I prefer the sound signature for my AKG's personally (K612 pro and K545), but it is certainly not bad and looks really good.

It doesn't really drive well from my girlfriends Ipod nano though. I guess that one needs an upgrade pronto (it is like 8 years old). Thinking about buying her a Fiio M3. 

I didn't suspect that the 100AAP was "hard" to drive, but it is harder to drive than my AKG's 612, which are known to be a little harder to drive. Either that or the ipod is just a horrible match. 

All in all content with the pair. My GF wanted a good looking headphone, and this certainly is good looking. 

Sound: 4/5
Design 5/5
Comfort 5/5
Isolation: 4.5/5

Jan 19, 2017 at 10:10 AM Post #1,660 of 1,768
  I use an Fiio E18 on my own headphones and I am really pleased with it (it also has a DAC though). 

I got the 100AAP yesterday (present for GF), and it is decent, I prefer the sound signature for my AKG's personally (K612 pro and K545), but it is certainly not bad and looks really good.

It doesn't really drive well from my girlfriends Ipod nano though. I guess that one needs an upgrade pronto (it is like 8 years old). Thinking about buying her a Fiio M3. 

I didn't suspect that the 100AAP was "hard" to drive, but it is harder to drive than my AKG's 612, which are known to be a little harder to drive. Either that or the ipod is just a horrible match. 

All in all content with the pair. My GF wanted a good looking headphone, and this certainly is good looking. 

Sound: 4/5
Design 5/5
Comfort 5/5
Isolation: 4.5/5

This headphone is very easy to drive. I think it's just synergy issue. Or too high impedance output of ipod (i'm not sure). One of the things that i'm disappointed with this headphone is that it doesn't really scale up much. I know this is the audiophile thinking in me. haha.

Jan 20, 2017 at 11:22 PM Post #1,661 of 1,768
I just got these for 120 USD in red. They are pretty good looking and extremely light. I connected them to my FiiO E10 and gosh...they sound horrid. I will let them burn in for a while before coming back but really...

I wanted them as back-up on the go full sized headphones, but still, those highs are awful. 

Jan 22, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #1,662 of 1,768
I just got these for 120 USD in red. They are pretty good looking and extremely light. I connected them to my FiiO E10 and gosh...they sound horrid. I will let them burn in for a while before coming back but really...

I wanted them as back-up on the go full sized headphones, but still, those highs are awful. 

Do you mean; what highs?

I find them really rolled off and over-warm, dull.

Jan 23, 2017 at 8:17 PM Post #1,663 of 1,768
Can anyone compare these headphones to ath pro700mk2 sound-wise? Mine aths jut broke and im looking for something more comfy with at least same amount of bass without distortion. Im using ipod touch with fiio e6 usually with hw bass eq on. 

Jan 25, 2017 at 1:51 PM Post #1,664 of 1,768
Hi. Got mine this week for 65€ new. Such a bargain. To my ears they sound so naturally and neutral. Smooth as well. Really impressive.
Did not read the complete thread :wink:
Coming over from In Ear thread LZ A4.
If any, which changes - hopefully improvements - did you guys experience after burn in?
Read 150h at least. Truly?
Thx

Jan 25, 2017 at 2:52 PM Post #1,665 of 1,768
Hi all, I've jumped on the 100aap train as well. Got mines open box for £59. Couldn't resist a bargain.

Compared them to the Oppo PM3 amongst others at the time, but the bass drew me to them.

One quick question, before I purchased these, I was about to pull the trigger on a pair of Meze 99 Classics.

I am still considering them, however do you think it'll be worth spending the extra £200 for the Meze over the Sony's?

Will the Meze be markedly better all round? A league above them?

Remember the Sony's were released at £200 but now selling cheap. So they once were priced in the Meze territory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back