Sony h.ear on MDR-100AAP - $199 'Hi-Res Audio' Over-Ear Headphones
Apr 13, 2016 at 2:51 PM Post #1,486 of 1,768
I'm excited to receive mine in the mail soon bought from another Head-Fier. Anyways, I'm not fond of the flat cable, so I ordered the braided MDR-1A cable from Amazon, instead of the silicone one with the remote that others have bought. I did notice Ebay had some OCC Oyaide MPS cables for about $24-$26, and didn't know if those would make a big difference.

Apr 15, 2016 at 11:45 AM Post #1,488 of 1,768
The bluetooth variants are now shipping in Korea. They're priced at 400,000 won (about $350). Not bad - but the bundle they're offering is a much sweeter deal. The wireless 100AAP coupled with the A25 Walkman is shipped for $450. That's a steal. I paid the same for the wired version.

Apr 23, 2016 at 1:32 PM Post #1,489 of 1,768
Bought my pair from Amazon on Thursday, £99 for an open box as new pair (and they were as new too). They arrived Friday morning and I've been listening to them ever since, I think I must have put at least fifteen hours on them already.

My main phones are HD650 and port modded AKG K702s, neither of which could be described as mobile and I wanted something to use with my FiiO X1. I tried the Audio Technica ATH-MRS7 and the Sony MDR-1A beforehand but the MRS7 was focused too much on the upper mids and highs (not my preference) and the 1As were too bassy, so after coming across this thread I decided to take a chance on these.

I put them on, plugged them into my Magni 2, switched to low gain, pressed play on MusicBee and started grinning. These are just what I was looking for, the bass goes low but is nice and tight, mids are just right for my tastes and the highs are detailed but roll off gently making them a nice, relaxing listen plus the sound stage is considerably larger than I was expecting. I've thrown everything from Metallica to Mozart at them in the last 24 hours (I was up until 7am listening to them) and they have risen to the challenge with ease - colour me impressed.
L3000.gif

Apr 24, 2016 at 3:35 AM Post #1,491 of 1,768
Ridiculously comfortable too, I've been wearing them for the last eight hours
beyersmile.png

Apr 24, 2016 at 2:18 PM Post #1,493 of 1,768
I picked up a set of these on Yt for a £27 bid, luckily the bids ended late on a Sunday night and probably nobody could be bothered checking lol. They were an ex display set, but in perfect condition with only the cable missing. Got the viridian colour, beautiful looking and they fit so good, very comfy.

Sadly I was really let down by the sound (at first). The clarity being boasted about on this thread just wasn't there, sounded good but not great. I liked my logitech ue6000s better. I was happy I hadn't paid full price, BUT...

I had been using them with my Fiio X1 which although detailed is very warm sounding. Luckily I have just bought an Xduoo X3 which is fantastic. Now the 100aaps sound excellent. The clarity and accuracy is so good to listen to, with all genres. The bass is tight, punchy and accurate also. I had never heard bass this way using any other headphones paired with my fiio x1. They are great with micro detailing too. Singers breathing, guitar plucks, etc. The fact the XD3 is quite neutral has helped I think. The soundstage is wide and fun. With an amp they can sound a bit bright depending on volume, but it does bring out slightly more detail.

I was going to discard them as well and buy Soundmagic HP100s, but now I'll just save my money and combined with the money I'll get selling my fiio x1 on eBay... buy a nice set of IEMs.

Apr 24, 2016 at 6:49 PM Post #1,494 of 1,768
I find the clarity with the X1 to be fine but then my usual headphone is the HD 650 so I am used to rolled off highs.

Apr 25, 2016 at 11:16 AM Post #1,495 of 1,768
Most people are praising these with an A25 Walkman, so there might be some weight to that. 

My setup is a pink 100AAP and pink A25 (Matching colours improves the sound) Eq wise I turn everything off, flat and only Clear Bass + to 3. 

Apr 25, 2016 at 6:23 PM Post #1,497 of 1,768
I picked up a set of these on Yt for a £27 bid, luckily the bids ended late on a Sunday night and probably nobody could be bothered checking lol. They were an ex display set, but in perfect condition with only the cable missing. Got the viridian colour, beautiful looking and they fit so good, very comfy.

Sadly I was really let down by the sound (at first). The clarity being boasted about on this thread just wasn't there, sounded good but not great. I liked my logitech ue6000s better. I was happy I hadn't paid full price, BUT...

I had been using them with my Fiio X1 which although detailed is very warm sounding. Luckily I have just bought an Xduoo X3 which is fantastic. Now the 100aaps sound excellent. The clarity and accuracy is so good to listen to, with all genres. The bass is tight, punchy and accurate also. I had never heard bass this way using any other headphones paired with my fiio x1. They are great with micro detailing too. Singers breathing, guitar plucks, etc. The fact the XD3 is quite neutral has helped I think. The soundstage is wide and fun. With an amp they can sound a bit bright depending on volume, but it does bring out slightly more detail.

I was going to discard them as well and buy Soundmagic HP100s, but now I'll just save my money and combined with the money I'll get selling my fiio x1 on eBay... buy a nice set of IEMs.
Xduoo x3 is a fantastic sounding device....great value

Apr 25, 2016 at 7:00 PM Post #1,498 of 1,768
Xduoo x3 is a fantastic sounding device....great value

It really is. The only problem is I've had to dig out all my other headphones and IEMs to test them with it... it has brought out the best in all of them, like I'm listening to them properly for the first time. I'm stunned it is as cheap, £77 on Amazon. I was apprehensive after reading about the UI, but you get used to it... and the magnificent sound makes up for it anyway. I've heard people say it is better sounding than the much more expensive Fiio X5 which I considered before the Xduoo X3 along with the Walkman A25.

Paired with the MDR 100AAPs is just magical.

May 2, 2016 at 9:57 PM Post #1,499 of 1,768
Hey guys,

I bought the MDR 100aap (red) for 105€ from Amazon (Germany) today. Will test them out and decide if I want to to keep them. I mostly listen to EDM stuff, so bass is quite important for me. I'll let you know if I like them or not. For 105€ you can't really go wrong tho.

May 3, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #1,500 of 1,768
  Bought my pair from Amazon on Thursday, £99 for an open box as new pair (and they were as new too). They arrived Friday morning and I've been listening to them ever since, I think I must have put at least fifteen hours on them already.

My main phones are HD650 and port modded AKG K702s, neither of which could be described as mobile and I wanted something to use with my FiiO X1. I tried the Audio Technica ATH-MRS7 and the Sony MDR-1A beforehand but the MRS7 was focused too much on the upper mids and highs (not my preference) and the 1As were too bassy, so after coming across this thread I decided to take a chance on these.

I put them on, plugged them into my Magni 2, switched to low gain, pressed play on MusicBee and started grinning. These are just what I was looking for, the bass goes low but is nice and tight, mids are just right for my tastes and the highs are detailed but roll off gently making them a nice, relaxing listen plus the sound stage is considerably larger than I was expecting. I've thrown everything from Metallica to Mozart at them in the last 24 hours (I was up until 7am listening to them) and they have risen to the challenge with ease - colour me impressed.
L3000.gif

ignore, repost

Users who are viewing this thread

Back