Sony, EX1000........ Photo's of the new flagship IEM!
Oct 27, 2010 at 4:06 AM Post #19 of 61
Well I would expect good acoustic properties due to the great resonance of metal. Being such a hard, yet light material it's kind of surprising it wasn't used before by a big brand.

Oct 27, 2010 at 4:12 AM Post #20 of 61
Inks... looking at your inventory, you have zirconium, copper and aluminium? (in the silver bullets).
Now all you need is brass, stainless steel and magnesium!
wink.gif

Oct 27, 2010 at 4:16 AM Post #21 of 61
The Silver Bullets are metal and don't forget wood on the TS02s...oh and unfortunately the Coppers aren't made of Copper but are actually metal like the SBs.

Oct 27, 2010 at 4:37 AM Post #22 of 61
Quote:
Wow, quite a long impression
smily_headphones1.gif
Can someone summarize it in brief words
biggrin.gif
- google translator sucks with Japanese ?

Huh? What's wrong with google translate?  His review of the 800ST makes perfect sense.

"I often Shanshan 聞Kidzurai to crush it like they all pale in earphones (EX90
Well then ... I feel that somehow), EX800ST if you listen very pleasant.
普段よく聞いてるアルバトロシクスでも、とってもヴィーナス!みこおねえさんとか、同じmikoおねえさんの曲でパーフェクトさんすう教室の速いボーカルなんかがかなり聞きやすくなっててちょっと面白かった(w​
I usually listen in Arubatoroshikusu, so Venus! Like Sibylline sister, miko as a
little fun to something fairly easy to hear vocals on the fast track Perfect
Arithmetic Classroom sister"

Oct 27, 2010 at 8:46 AM Post #24 of 61

Quote:

YES,  The second lightest metal after Lithium?  Far lighter than Titanium... these will literally be light like a feather.

However... how does Magnesium sound?

I hope that the EX700's do not give us an idea of how Magneisum sounds. If the EX700, FAD A1's and the SB's are anything to go by, metal enclosures actually seem to add a bit of a ring to the treble. For the EX700 this was terrible, for the A1's its nice and for the SB's it was a bit too hot for me. It may be that frequency response graph we saw earlier with the giant peak refers to this particular property of the metal.

Oct 27, 2010 at 9:03 AM Post #25 of 61
Magnesium is not a hard metal at all, it is actually pretty soft. Other problem is that Magnesium is highly reactive, so it`s not gonna be pure magnesium, or the earphone will least only for days, so dont expect to be that light.

And the phone remember me some alien trying to get into me by my ears, SOOO ugly! Stylish, but ugly.

Oct 27, 2010 at 9:32 AM Post #26 of 61

Quote:
I hope that the EX700's do not give us an idea of how Magneisum sounds. If the EX700, FAD A1's and the SB's are anything to go by, metal enclosures actually seem to add a bit of a ring to the treble. For the EX700 this was terrible, for the A1's its nice and for the SB's it was a bit too hot for me. It may be that frequency response graph we saw earlier with the giant peak refers to this particular property of the metal.

Good point, and yes the freq. response graph's we saw look similiar, but the drivers look totally different, so at least we know it's not a reshelled EX700 :)

I have not heard a metal IEM yet, however I'm going to buy the e-Q7, A1, CK10 or EX600 very very soon. =)   I am really indecisive with IEM's and can't find the sound I like.

Oct 27, 2010 at 9:40 AM Post #27 of 61

Quote:

Good point, and yes the freq. response graph's we saw look similiar, but the drivers look totally different, so at least we know it's not a reshelled EX700 :)

I have not heard a metal IEM yet, however I'm going to buy the e-Q7, A1, CK10 or EX600 very very soon. =)   I am really indecisive with IEM's and can't find the sound I like.

Hmm kiteki, if that's the case, maybe you should buy a few cheaper IEMs that have some standout qualities, and learn from them what you like and don't like...

The CK10 is probably going to sound quite different from the others, and knowing Sony, the EX600 will probably not be worth their price unless you like warm and sibilant. (That's usually how I find most Sonys are - I've heard the EX700, EX85 and EX500 so far.) You could definitely consider waiting for the E-Q5 as well.

I've reached the point where the last few IEM's I've bought have told me that I am probably not going to find the perfect IEM - and price doesn't seem to be the issue heh. $150 dollar Radius' do things that $300 FAD's can't, $90 MC5's do some things startlingly well, etc etc. So I'm just going to enjoy my collection, and enjoy the feeling of the never ending quest hehe.

Oct 27, 2010 at 9:46 AM Post #28 of 61

Here's a review of the EX600 in Japanese:

【高音の音質】以前までMDR-EX500SLがカナルではメインでした。
 高音は非常によくでており、ノビもよいと思っていましたが、これを聴いたあとでは少し曇ったように聴こえてしまいます。
オープン型のMDR-E484と比較しても遜色ないくらいいいです。
【低音の音質】
量的にはあまりでていません。
500SLに比べると特に感じます。
500SL. が、500SLは量、600は質、といったところでしょうか。
引き締まった低音、という感じですね。
500SLだと音がまとまっていなくて他の音域にまで干渉してるように聴こえますが、600はそんなことは全くないです。

The first part says his EX500 sounds cloudy now, after hearing the EX600.
He then continues to say the highs rival that of the clarity and open-air sound in the E484's(?!)

Second part says the bass has less quantity than the EX500, however much better quality, better decay, and no interference with the mids.

Let's see, I've heard the E484 and EX500, so this review looks really really pleasing to me!  I haven't heard many IEM's but I don't think there are IEM's that can replicate the sound of something like the E484? I find that part confusing.  The EX500 bass I experienced as impressive, decay, spaciousness, refraction, it's not the right kind of impressive though, it sounds like a lady with too much make-up that wants to stand out.  I hope the EX600 is more like a supermodel in jeans and a t-shirt, stunning and couldn't care less.

Edit:  I stole this review from kakaku.com, which is something like amazon.com in Japan

Oct 27, 2010 at 10:18 AM Post #29 of 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_recording /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hmm kiteki, if that's the case, maybe you should buy a few cheaper IEMs that have some standout qualities, and learn from them what you like and don't like...

The CK10 is probably going to sound quite different from the others, and knowing Sony, the EX600 will probably not be worth their price unless you like warm and sibilant. (That's usually how I find most Sonys are - I've heard the EX700, EX85 and EX500 so far.) You could definitely consider waiting for the E-Q5 as well.

I've reached the point where the last few IEM's I've bought have told me that I am probably not going to find the perfect IEM - and price doesn't seem to be the issue heh. $150 dollar Radius' do things that $300 FAD's can't, $90 MC5's do some things startlingly well, etc etc. So I'm just going to enjoy my collection, and enjoy the feeling of the never ending quest hehe.

Thankyou for the advice a_recording I appreciate it, you see my idea was to jump to the top of the ladder of IEM's right away, rather than climb an expensive ladder of mediocrity.
I just want to find the IEM for me and be done with it, and then move on to my next sonic and tails adventure like hunting for music, making music, looking for speakers, something along those lines.

I think I can find the perfect IEM, I found the 'perfect' headphones and don't feel like continuing that quest really.  We'll see though, perhaps you're right and the only solution is to enjoy a "collection" hehehe.

P.s. I'm not scared of sibilance, warmth, etched treble, ringing, anything like that, that's why the CK10 and EX1000 frequency graph's look fine to me, I mimicked the 6k spike with my equalizer the other day, at first it was a bit piercing and then after a while it became nice and euphoric.  Also I don't care about bass at all anymore, I just want something fast, with stunning clarity, lifelike vocals, and transparency like I'm jumping out of the sun-roof of a car in the rain at 90mph.

Oct 27, 2010 at 11:22 AM Post #30 of 61

Quote:
Magnesium is not a hard metal at all, it is actually pretty soft. Other problem is that Magnesium is highly reactive, so it`s not gonna be pure magnesium, or the earphone will least only for days, so dont expect to be that light.

Yeah, it will most certainly be made as an interstitial alloy of sorts (typically 90% Mg, 9% Al, 1% Zn), but it should still be relatively light. Most prosumer and pro level DSLRs have a Magnesium alloy body, and race cars use Mg alloy wheels for certain applications, but they're prone to deformation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back