Sony budget earphone discussion thread (MH750, MH755, MH1C, EX300, etc)
Oct 17, 2022 at 2:14 AM Post #2,433 of 2,553
I've gone through crinacle's ranking list and found some other IEM with similar sound signature (with emphasis on sub-bass) and here are my findings using crinacle's FR comparison tool

In conclusion though, there is nothing better for the price than the MH-750 for the price, especially for sub-bass lovers. Man I really wish Sony would come out with a version 2 of these but make it a bit more modern, perhaps usb-c or a true wireless version so I can rumble my friends' socks off with the sub-bass.
On that thought, who are everyone's favorite sellers to buy these in bulk?

mmm if i have to judge by FR alone all these are gonna be balanced quite differently, ie300 low half i guess pretty close but imo the magic of mh75x's is the overall tune, the tasteful brightening of ear gain complementing the sub rise

Oct 19, 2022 at 6:36 AM Post #2,435 of 2,553
What's happened to the damping foam in my mh-750s? One driver is quieter/suddenly sounding flat and congested. I pull the foam out and its back to normal volume, separation/technicalities seem better albeit the highs sounds a bit harsh. Put it back in as it was and its back to sounding muffled.
My mesh grill on one side got clogged rather than the foam. Removing the meshes altogether made em way too harsh even with the foams in, so try cleaning the meshes first is what I'm sayin

Oct 19, 2022 at 6:49 AM Post #2,436 of 2,553
My mesh grill on one side got clogged rather than the foam. Removing the meshes altogether made em way too harsh even with the foams in, so try cleaning the meshes first is what I'm sayin

Pretty sure i tested with just the foam and no mesh but i'll have another session with them and see what can be done. I've got some grills somewhere i can change it out if need be.

I did some digging in this thread and found a few of Slaters post where he mentioned trying different baffle materials so ill try that as well, probably will start with dry alcohol swab mesh like the BL03 mod. Did anyone find a foam replacement that improved the signature? Retaining the extra resolution that removing the foam gives, while not being harsh would be a cool place to get the mh-750 to.

Oct 19, 2022 at 8:24 AM Post #2,437 of 2,553
well I actually didn't reapply the meshes but rather EQed back to what I remembered was the original signature, it did result in somewhat improved details, but it seems a large portion of the tune is through the meshes themselves, it was a jump from the stock's slight teeter near the edge of harsh, to a quite unbearable ear gain elevation without them. dunno how much of the work the stock foams actually do though

Oct 21, 2022 at 11:34 AM Post #2,438 of 2,553
What do people know about the MDR-EX750BT?
https://www.amazon.com/Sony-Wireless-Headset-MDR-EX750BT-Viridian/dp/B01BXE2WX4
(EDIT: The above price is clearly scalping of a no-longer-made product, just wanted to find a picture of it)

I own one in gray. Shape is similar to the MH750. Shell feels to be metal (most likely aluminum)? Has a nice carry bag and cables. Even a microUSB to 3.5mm (that's a first to me) if you want to use them wired!

But the sound is fantastic. Makes me wonder if it's the same micro driver, but if so, I'd expect more hype about these?

I'm going to pull my listings of these where I have them up, I hadn't really tried them before. Fantastic sound.

Just tested the wired-bypass. Sounds even better! These are legit!!!

9mm dome for DD apparently.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2022 at 7:01 AM Post #2,439 of 2,553
Finally i got my pair today 😍
IMG_20221122_130116_464.jpg

Nov 27, 2022 at 2:19 PM Post #2,441 of 2,553
Congrats for your purchase, Gianluigib, I think saw a post since two years ago, that you were searching for a genuine MH755! Yeah, the sound it's amazing for MH755/750 and MH1, I love the sub-bass! :ksc75smile: I also have two Sony SBH24 + MH755 included ( blue and black) +a few pairs of MH750 from sellers that had Xperia phones, and a white MH1 pair :)) I think I should have purchased two more of MH1, I like their sound also, but they need more power.

I'm curios, maybe someone can confirm, it's safe to charge the SBH bluetooth reciever with a phone charger, if I'm somewhere where I don't have accese to a laptop?

Also, can someone with more experience, take a look at this photo? It's from another forum, and the guy says that the black MH755 it's fake. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think I can see the two solders dots, that I knew it's a strong indication, for a genuine MH755/750 pair.
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?attachments/20210615_010200a-jpg.178495/

Dec 4, 2022 at 3:25 PM Post #2,442 of 2,553
Found these in my basement, I believe they are as real as it gets, but I haven't opened them yet, so I don't know for 100%. What caught my attention is that it says 12W on the label, that means it's made in 2012, right? I've never seen a '12 model before, are they that rare?

Dec 11, 2022 at 2:37 AM Post #2,444 of 2,553
Anyone find any good replacement tips for these?
For now I'm using azla sednaearfit max and they're working reasonably well. The problem with finding replacement tips is getting them to fit the small nozzle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back