Sony budget earphone discussion thread (MH750, MH755, MH1C, EX300, etc)
Feb 21, 2023 at 12:24 PM Post #2,462 of 2,546
Hey all :) What's the difference between the MH750 and 755? Also, how do they stack up against the competition today? Am a little curious and might pick up a pair..
They both sound like children's toys and you should find an MH1 instead! And someone to recable it or better mmcx it.... 😊😁

Feb 21, 2023 at 2:09 PM Post #2,464 of 2,546
MH1 is very similar but with more mud, less upper mids, going by the graph
Even with applying the same eq (I almost always listen to the mh1 with eq except very thinly recorded tracks) and match the tonality they sound waaaay different. The 750/755 are just a much cheaper version of the mh1 and they do sound cheaper. Much cheaper. I would dare say "plasticky".

Feb 21, 2023 at 2:25 PM Post #2,466 of 2,546
Why? Because of frequency response similarities? Drivers, housings, materials, implementation all play a big role towards the final sound. Tonality is only one of these factors. My MH1's little driver, no matter how competent and smooth it is, can't really replicate the FH3's beryllium 10mm driver's bass or a z1r's 12mm driver's bass no matter how it lines up on the graph. It's easy to hear with A/B testing.

EDIT: I don't know man, maybe I exaggerated about the differences a little bit. And recabling an MH1 is not a piece of cake anyway.... To answer Peter's question more seriously I personally chose the MH750 instead of the 755 cause of the mellower highs. I prefer to tone down the bass than messing with hot highs.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2023 at 9:48 PM Post #2,468 of 2,546
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I guess if I already have the N3AP there's no need to go for these?

Definitely, N3 is much better in technicalities, fit and build. Tonally it is a bit different, more L shaped and smoother than the harmanish MH755, but once you have heard something better, no point getting a downgrade IMHO.

Feb 22, 2023 at 7:41 AM Post #2,469 of 2,546
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I guess if I already have the N3AP there's no need to go for these?
For me it's mostly about how smooth the whole frequency response of a headphone is and if it has good extension at both ends and is generally of a good quality built wise. Then you can eq it to your preference and be done. The N3AP is probably already a better iem in that regard. But if you need a daily beater then go for it...

Feb 24, 2023 at 3:09 PM Post #2,472 of 2,546
Good morning to all, I would like to re-cable one of the Sony MH755, but I don't know which type of cable to buy, I'm ignorant in this matters. If you can supply a link to eBay or Amazon it will be very appreciated and many thanks in advance.

I have been using this earphone with a Sony Xperia 3 III without equalization and the sound is spectacular, I noticed that by using the Ultimate Ears 900s(medium) ear tips the sound opened up than by using the stock ear tips, to my perception the quality of the sound improved or was more in tune to my linking. I will be ordering a set JVC Spiral Dot and a Set of Spin Fit W1 to check the sound output of this great earphones with those ear tips. Please forgive my lack of adequate words to describe sound, and thanks again to all for keeping this space alive and informative.
For starters you might want to try something like this. Nice and simple, comes in several colours.

A5A9E88B-D284-47EE-B517-7713D165B0C4.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back