Sony budget earphone discussion thread (MH750, MH755, MH1C, EX300, etc)
Mar 13, 2023 at 7:56 AM Post #2,476 of 2,546
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I guess if I already have the N3AP there's no need to go for these?
Definitely, N3 is much better in technicalities, fit and build. Tonally it is a bit different, more L shaped and smoother than the harmanish MH755, but once you have heard something better, no point getting a downgrade IMHO.
Don't have N3, but I have M9 and Z1R and find MH755 still enjoyable. Tonally, MH755 sounds like a Sony, it has more subbass than M9 and is more comfortable to wear than Z1R. So there are scenarios when I pick MH755 over the other two.

20230313_075128.jpg

May 16, 2023 at 2:46 AM Post #2,477 of 2,546
I received my first stock MH1c yesterday (already have two pairs of mmcx mh1) and I know it's an unpopular opinion but the cable is just amazing for me. Very well thought of. I find it more comfortable than my usual ones and stays out of the way a lot better. The overall quality is also way better than most people describe. Soft, smooth and tangle free!
With so many mh1c's still available I am puzzled that there isn't more interest about these gems. I'm sure getting a few more to have in stock ..

Edit: Just noticed that it also has zero driver flex in contrast to my other two mh1's and especially my mh750. I am seriously thinking of selling those as the sound of the MH1c is virtually the same as the mh1's, pristine that is.

Last edited:
May 16, 2023 at 4:03 AM Post #2,478 of 2,546
I received my first stock MH1c yesterday (already have two pairs of mmcx mh1) and I know it's an unpopular opinion but the cable is just amazing for me. Very well thought of. I find it more comfortable than my usual ones and stays out of the way a lot better. The overall quality is also way better than most people describe. Soft, smooth and tangle free!
With so many mh1c's still available I am puzzled that there isn't more interest about these gems. I'm sure getting a few more to have in stock ...
Definitely interested in my MH1C and still rocking with it from time to time, just glad that it's still possible to buy them today :)
1684224091991.jpg

Last edited:
May 16, 2023 at 5:44 AM Post #2,480 of 2,546
Nice collection! Which earphones are these red on the left side?
ahh....Thanks @ShaneyMac it is the red Sennheiser CX300s iem..

Placed there on purpose to show how a more expensive IEM simply pales in comparison with a lowly-priced head turner like the MH750, which I once in a while listen to side by side for a bit of a chuckle and a smile :)

IMG_20230516_173943.jpg

Last edited:
May 16, 2023 at 6:54 AM Post #2,482 of 2,546
With so many mh1c's still available I am puzzled that there isn't more interest about these gems. I'm sure getting a few more to have in stock ..

Edit: Just noticed that it also has zero driver flex in contrast to my other two mh1's and especially my mh750. I am seriously thinking of selling those as the sound of the MH1c is virtually the same as the mh1's, pristine that is.
you are masochist if you like that cable, other than that yes i agree insanely good sound for how crazy cheap it is.

May 17, 2023 at 2:15 AM Post #2,484 of 2,546
you are masochist if you like that cable, other than that yes i agree insanely good sound for how crazy cheap it is.
Hehe, thanks but I digress, I am actually very touchy and particular with ergonomics. The cable stays away from your chicks and chin, you can remove the buds at any time and they just hang comfortably around the neck, the main cable is at the side of your body and out of the way mostly, and most importantly it never tangles! I think it is a genius design. You just need to use it right. I could upload a pic if anyone is puzzled...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back