Sony budget earphone discussion thread (MH750, MH755, MH1C, EX300, etc)
Mar 14, 2024 at 11:17 AM Post #2,507 of 2,541
Has anyone purchased from this seller before? I'm highly doubting these units are still laying around but would like to snag a set if they are genuine. Any input would be appreciated! I was sent over from user uselessness at the r/headphones sub

Ebay listing for the modded set

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Mar 14, 2024 at 4:01 PM Post #2,508 of 2,541
Mar 14, 2024 at 4:03 PM Post #2,509 of 2,541
Welcome to head-fi! I'm not familiar with that seller on eBay but, If you desire, I think I still have a couple sets of original MH750, MH-755, and the MDR-EX155AP to reasonably move on to you, un-modded of course. Best to you in your pursuit...

Mar 14, 2024 at 5:45 PM Post #2,510 of 2,541
Welcome to head-fi! I'm not familiar with that seller on eBay but, If you desire, I think I still have a couple sets of original MH750, MH-755, and the MDR-EX155AP to reasonably move on to you, un-modded of course. Best to you in your pursuit...
I need mh 750 if you send me .
I'm from Spain.
I Pay the postage cost.
Regards.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2024 at 12:57 PM Post #2,511 of 2,541
1000022603.jpg

I bought my MH755 a few years ago, briefly listened, then purchased a modded one from Slater. Admittedly, I have not listened to IEMs much the last couple years, preferring my on ears and EQ'd Earpods. Listening to these stock ones again though has been rather enlightening. I also have been testing with Oratory1990 EQ settings for Harman and USound curves. Stock they sound so good, but stretch that much further with EQ. Definitely enjoying the USound EQ over Harman. Anyone else still enjoying these?

Mar 28, 2024 at 5:49 PM Post #2,512 of 2,541
Has anyone purchased from this seller before? I'm highly doubting these units are still laying around but would like to snag a set if they are genuine. Any input would be appreciated! I was sent over from user uselessness at the r/headphones sub

Ebay listing for the modded set

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg
I bought a pair of white mmcx MH755 from this seller and they are indeed genuine, I didn't cut them to view the driver but I didn't have to since the sound quality confirmed it. I also compared it to my real MH750s and they sound almost the same except the mh750 have a pinch more sub-bass but then again I'm wearing my 755s upside down so take that with a grain of salt.
mmcx MH755 & spaghetti MH750.JPG

I tried wrapping the stock MH750 cable for the picture but that spaghetti noodle monstrosity does what it wants :triportsad:

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2024 at 6:23 PM Post #2,513 of 2,541
I bought a pair of white mmcx MH755 from this seller and they are indeed genuine, I didn't cut them to view the driver but I didn't have to since the sound quality confirmed it. I also compared it to my real MH750s and they sound almost the same except the mh750 have a pinch more sub-bass but then again I'm wearing my 755s upside down so take that with a gain of salt.mmcx MH755 & spaghetti MH750.JPG
I tried wrapping the stock MH750 cable for the picture but that spaghetti noodle monstrosity does what it wants :triportsad:
Thanks so much for the information!! I will give them a go!

Mar 28, 2024 at 8:31 PM Post #2,515 of 2,541
Anyone else still enjoying these?
You bet. Bought five pairs of genuine MH755 (white/orange) when it all started here many moons ago and been enjoying one of the modded sets for the last 45 mins (MMCX, front port, balanced cable), ... must be the craziest bang for the buck ratio ever in the IEMverse.
(Still waiting for a thread cutter and some SS shells I've ordered for a set of screw-on nozzles/filters I have lying around, might as well try it on one of the Sony sets. I'll report back.)

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2024 at 10:27 PM Post #2,516 of 2,541
Would anyone happen to know where I can get a pair of small size orange MH755 tips? Also I have two unused pairs of large and medium MH755 blue tips if anyone is interested I’m giving them out for free since I don’t have any use for them, Interested Head-Fier would have to pay for postage though.

Attachments

• 4777647D-DDEC-421C-84F3-295108AC8099.jpeg
    4777647D-DDEC-421C-84F3-295108AC8099.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Mar 29, 2024 at 12:32 PM Post #2,517 of 2,541
1000022603.jpg

I bought my MH755 a few years ago, briefly listened, then purchased a modded one from Slater. Admittedly, I have not listened to IEMs much the last couple years, preferring my on ears and EQ'd Earpods. Listening to these stock ones again though has been rather enlightening. I also have been testing with Oratory1990 EQ settings for Harman and USound curves. Stock they sound so good, but stretch that much further with EQ. Definitely enjoying the USound EQ over Harman. Anyone else still enjoying these?
yes me too!!mh 750 is my daily driver for several years now! their tonal output is just awesome when bass (slightly) elevated and highs completely down regulated. I ve got to say I really appreciate the stock cable of the mh750 aswell! the clip is of great quality and i position it directly under the mic housing and once attached to my collar everything stays put, even while being very active outdoors with lots of arm movements, headturning..
i would never go the mmcx route for this reason..eventhough sq might be slightly improved??

Mar 29, 2024 at 10:56 PM Post #2,518 of 2,541
You bet. Bought five pairs of genuine MH755 (white/orange) when it all started here many moons ago and been enjoying one of the modded sets for the last 45 mins (MMCX, front port, balanced cable), ... must be the craziest bang for the buck ratio ever in the IEMverse.
(Still waiting for a thread cutter and some SS shells I've ordered for a set of screw-on nozzles/filters I have lying around, might as well try it on one of the Sony sets. I'll report back.)
For real man...I bought my stock pair a few years ago and promptly had Slater make me a modded pair.

IMG_6823.JPG

For the sake of the PEQ settings I was using, I ran with my stock pair and couldn't believe how good they sound. Sometimes I guess I just need to check myself and reset my ears (and expectations) revisiting all the stuff I have in my collection. These things continue to impress.

Mar 29, 2024 at 11:01 PM Post #2,519 of 2,541
yes me too!!mh 750 is my daily driver for several years now! their tonal output is just awesome when bass (slightly) elevated and highs completely down regulated. I ve got to say I really appreciate the stock cable of the mh750 aswell! the clip is of great quality and i position it directly under the mic housing and once attached to my collar everything stays put, even while being very active outdoors with lots of arm movements, headturning..
i would never go the mmcx route for this reason..eventhough sq might be slightly improved??
Yes! They do so much right - tonally they are a great all rounder. Nice you have a clip...I couldn't remember if my MH755 came with one. I think I may be mistaken for the MH1C, but I have vague memories of clipping an IEM to my shirt. That said, I really enjoy my MH755 and totally understand the need to clip to your shirt. I would do the same if I had one.

Mar 30, 2024 at 4:24 AM Post #2,520 of 2,541
For real man...I bought my stock pair a few years ago and promptly had Slater make me a modded pair.

Ohh Slater ... brother, where art thou? We had so much fun back then modding the living ... out of cheap ass stuff ... I really miss him.

For the sake of the PEQ settings I was using, I ran with my stock pair and couldn't believe how good they sound. Sometimes I guess I just need to check myself and reset my ears (and expectations) revisiting all the stuff I have in my collection. These things continue to impress.

For sure. As I said, I dug mine out from storage just a couple days ago, fired them up once and immediately ordered some more parts (shells, filters, ...) for some extra mods.
Another beautiful thing about them is how well they scale ... to my ears they sound way better on my low-impedance, balanced sources (-120-130db crosstalk) than single ended (~80-100dB crosstalk, depends) ... expanded stage, better speed, cleaner transients, more precise imaging/layering and once you dial that bass down (-4-5dB shelf via EQ or front port) they sound more transparent, with less bass bleed into the mids and finally the details start to shine. Still no TOTL killer but dangerously close to Oxygen territory ... pretty amazing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back