Sony budget earphone discussion thread (MH750, MH755, MH1C, EX300, etc)
Sep 27, 2019 at 6:20 PM Post #736 of 2,552
For fellow Aussies, I bought 2 pairs from Simplecom for $6.95 AUD each ($4.70 USD) and they're definitely real just based on sound alone. But, I did crack one open with my fingernail and the solder-points are proper.

I have a few from them. My pink and my yellow ones.I think I have mentioned them before.

I had to pay a small shipping fee to the UK.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2019 at 11:34 AM Post #737 of 2,552
Screenshot_20190928-232847_Brave.jpg
Can somebody with parametric eq experience can advise me with my moode PEQ setting. I want my 755 bass lowered a little bit, boost some vocal and raise top end a little bit.

Usually with my other iem I'm not bothered with eq but I wanted the best from 755. TIA

Sep 28, 2019 at 11:44 AM Post #738 of 2,552
I have two pairs of MH750 laying around. Are they as good as the MH755? I would change the cable out of fun, just so I have some headphones where I don't have to care too much about.
Or is it worth it to get a 'genuine' MH755 for 13 bucks?

Also: Are there already cables with a USB-C end?

Has anyone done black MH750s with a white cable and maybe has a picture? I am deciding wether I make them both black or one black/white.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2019 at 1:45 PM Post #739 of 2,552
Oct 6, 2019 at 5:45 PM Post #740 of 2,552

Can somebody with parametric eq experience can advise me with my moode PEQ setting. I want my 755 bass lowered a little bit, boost some vocal and raise top end a little bit.

Usually with my other iem I'm not bothered with eq but I wanted the best from 755. TIA

For a bit lower bass, try a -3db cut at 100hz with a Q or bandwidth of 1. If that takes too much midbass out lower the Q to .7 or so.

For vocal clarity especially female, try a 3db boots to start at about 3k Q of 1. Personally I do not think the 755 need a boost there, but this may vary depending on tips.

For top end like cymbals, high synths and harmonic overtones try a 3db boost at 8k same Q of about 1 to start, you can raise the Q number to get a more broad boost of highs.

Good luck.

Oct 6, 2019 at 10:08 PM Post #741 of 2,552
Has anyone tried cutting the tuning foam from the MH755 in half and only using half the foam in each nozzle as compared to either foam or no foam?

Oct 7, 2019 at 5:36 AM Post #742 of 2,552
Has anyone tried cutting the tuning foam from the MH755 in half and only using half the foam in each nozzle as compared to either foam or no foam?

We have left the foam in most of ours but when we did take it out of a couple of them one set had foam that was twice the length of the foam in the other set. So, already there are variations.

Oct 7, 2019 at 8:54 AM Post #743 of 2,552
Well, went ahead and tried... I had normal length foams in mine, but felt the highs were a little veiled. No foams introduced a bit too much harshness, so split a normal length foam in 2 and did a half foam in each nozzle. Seems just about right!

Oct 7, 2019 at 7:02 PM Post #744 of 2,552
hey guys, lately I have compared some of modified mh755 and I have noticed that the silver cables make important changes in the sound, I am not sure why but one of my mh755 with generic cable sounds more "veiled" and the bass is more prominent compared to the silver wire, perhaps because of the thickness of the wire? I'm not sure but I prefer it much more with the silver wire.
I suspect that the recabling process ended up blocking the air vents that are present at the base and end of the strain relief. I just got mine a few days ago and am experimenting with how the measurements change when blocking different parts. I still need to run more tests to be sure, but so far the top port has the biggest effect on bass (-3dB at 30Hz), as long as one other location is blocked too. Of course cable impedance may play a role as well, though I don't think it will be big unless your replacement cable is a weird high-impedance one.

Oct 7, 2019 at 7:20 PM Post #745 of 2,552
OK, one more question related to the tuning foams... what are some common materials to experiment with if I want to play around with replacing the standard foam?

Oct 7, 2019 at 7:26 PM Post #746 of 2,552
OK, one more question related to the tuning foams... what are some common materials to experiment with if I want to play around with replacing the standard foam?

Tea bag filter, toilet paper, paper towel, paper coffee filter, alcohol pad (dried out), foam with a different density than the stock foam (more dense than stock, less dense than stock), stuffing from a stuffed animal toy, scotch brite pad, thin strip of sorbothane, thin strip of silicone, cotton t shirt, and cotton from a cotton ball (just to name a few).

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2019 at 8:02 PM Post #747 of 2,552
Oct 8, 2019 at 11:46 AM Post #748 of 2,552
Interesting, I recently bought the MH755 on AE (3.5 $ white / orange with short cable). Everything looks like the original, including the driver I mean, but the sub bass and bass is not picked up at all, it's almost flat to 2 kHz. I almost like it, but I don't know if it's a sidegrade, upgrade or a downgrade? :)

Oct 8, 2019 at 11:57 AM Post #749 of 2,552
Interesting, I recently bought the MH755 on AE (3.5 $ white / orange with short cable). Everything looks like the original, including the driver I mean, but the sub bass and bass is not picked up at all, it's almost flat to 2 kHz. I almost like it, but I don't know if it's a sidegrade, upgrade or a downgrade? :)
Do you own a multimeter? Might be from the latest batch of copies that's visually hard to distinguish from originals.

Oct 8, 2019 at 12:04 PM Post #750 of 2,552
I'll try to measure them tomorrow, no one can trust them anymore! They are able to add weights there to weigh as well! :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back