Sony budget earphone discussion thread (MH750, MH755, MH1C, EX300, etc)
May 21, 2020 at 1:46 PM Post #1,291 of 2,543
Hi, I'm from Malaysia and this is my first post. Saw this thread accidentally and I decided to get myself a MH750.
Bought this from my local e-commerce platform at MYR12 each (approximately USD2.8) including shipping. Now they are selling at RM20 each (approximately USD4.6).
I know at this price most probably is a fake but i still give it a try.
Bought 2 and 1 is for dismantling purpose. :ksc75smile:

70QdzX.jpg

No extra ear tips bundled in the package, what you see is what you get.

70QY0g.jpg

First view.

70Q8cu.jpg

I saw those solder dots and I thought it is not fake at this point.

70Q4h9.jpg

My bad used the needle to remove that vent hole sticker.
Without that piece of sticker, the sound become too muddy and unlistenable.

70QnHU.jpg

Ermmm...only 3 holes. Which means...damn!

70QuA8.jpg

The mic.

70Qwtx.jpg

Another view.

70QbNv.jpg

Remember just now I said without the vent hole sticker the sound is unlistenable?
I used medical adhesive non-woven tape to cover it and used needle to poke a hole.
It's so much fun to tune the sound using this method, tiny changes on size of hole significantly alter balance of the sound, not sure if you could notice the super tiny hole that I poked thru.
Several attempts done to get the sound I want and it's little bit difficult to make both left and right channels sound same.

70Qoy5.jpg

This kind of medical adhesive non-woven tape.

70QfuV.jpg

Although potentially fake, the sound out of the box is considered quite ok for me. Just need EQ tweak to suit my taste, and I did replace the ear tips with small tips from NC033 for my wearing comfort.
I am comparing with only what I have: AKG K450, Samsung EO-IG955 from Samsung S10, Sony NC033 from Sony S755 Walkman

70QKuO.jpg

Sony NW-S755 EQ setting.
Update: sorry my mistake, this EQ setting is for the Samsung earphone, MH750 is using the preset "Unique" EQ, which is +2 on 16kHz.

70QJUr.jpg

Samsung S7 Edge EQ setting.

I guess I will pickup a MDR-EX155 (non mic version) where Slater mentioned MDR-EX155AP (mic version) sound signature is similar to the MH755.

Last edited:
May 21, 2020 at 3:43 PM Post #1,292 of 2,543
70QY0g.jpg

First view.

70Q8cu.jpg

70Q4h9.jpg

70QnHU.jpg

Wait, so now they’re making fakes with the solder dots? That sucks :frowning2:

May 21, 2020 at 3:55 PM Post #1,293 of 2,543

Could just be the 2015 batch he got has 3 holes?

Can't say for sure as we can't hear them. My legit black mh755 had 6 outer holes and an open center, my white ones had 8 outer holes and a closed center. They sounded very very similar. Had to A/B quickly to even notice any difference.

May 21, 2020 at 7:14 PM Post #1,294 of 2,543
Hi, I'm from Malaysia and this is my first post. Saw this thread accidentally and I decided to get myself a MH750.
Bought this from my local e-commerce platform at MYR12 each (approximately USD2.8) including shipping. Now they are selling at RM20 each (approximately USD4.6).
I know at this price most probably is a fake but i still give it a try.
Bought 2 and 1 is for dismantling purpose. :ksc75smile:

70QdzX.jpg

No extra ear tips bundled in the package, what you see is what you get.

70QY0g.jpg

First view.

70Q8cu.jpg

70Q4h9.jpg

My bad used the needle to remove that vent hole sticker.
Without that piece of sticker, the sound become too muddy and unlistenable.

70QnHU.jpg

70QuA8.jpg

The mic.

70Qwtx.jpg

Another view.

70QbNv.jpg

Remember just now I said without the vent hole sticker the sound is unlistenable?
I used medical adhesive non-woven tape to cover it and used needle to poke a hole.
It's so much fun to tune the sound using this method, tiny changes on size of hole significantly alter balance of the sound, not sure if you could notice the super tiny hole that I poked thru.
Several attempts done to get the sound I want and it's little bit difficult to make both left and right channels sound same.

70Qoy5.jpg

This kind of medical adhesive non-woven tape.

70QfuV.jpg

Although fake, the sound out of the box is considered quite ok for me. Just need EQ tweak to suit my taste, and I did replace the ear tips with small tips from NC033 for my wearing comfort.
I am comparing with only what I have: AKG K450, Samsung EO-IG955 from Samsung S10, Sony NC033 from Sony S755 Walkman

70QKuO.jpg

Sony NW-S755 EQ setting.
Update: sorry my mistake, this EQ setting is for the Samsung earphone, MH750 is using the preset "Unique" EQ, which is +2 on 16kHz.

70QJUr.jpg

Samsung S7 Edge EQ setting.

I guess I will pickup a MDR-EX155 (non mic version) where Slater mentioned MDR-EX155AP (mic version) sound signature is similar to the MH755.

@BOTAK WAI Hi Mate, Apa kabar , welcome to our community..

Thanks for sharing your images and breaking it down, looking at it, it's indeed authentic..there are different hw variations and yours is TYPE: AG-0500. As long as you have the 2 x solder dots you are safe..and you have the correct CE Tagging for 15WXX -2015 Week XX which is genuine. As of 2016 mfg onwards, the CE tag has been removed entirely..

Awesome price too..Malaysia has a large population..your supplier might have purchased a Large container to get the "Cabbage Prices " :p

Enjoy :)

I have both H/W variations (2 lefts Black/White 2015 TYPE: AG-0500 & AG-0501 Mfg 2015, Right TYPE: AG-0501 - Mfg 2017 without CE Tags, except 2019/2020 with the straight 3.5 mm Audio jack which I will be ordering in another bulk purchase if my MO has demand for it
8.jpg
2.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg

Last edited:
May 21, 2020 at 10:02 PM Post #1,295 of 2,543
I have no idea on the authenticity, but I'm totally ok with the sound.

70cLEU.png

The seller has these few Sony products, too bad most of them were sold out, only MH750 and MH410C left.
If not I think i will grab the SBH56.

@BOTAK WAI Hi Mate, Apa kabar , welcome to our community..

Thanks for sharing your images and breaking it down, looking at it, it's indeed authentic..there are different hw variations and yours is TYPE: AG-0500. As long as you have the 2 x solder dots you are safe..and you have the correct CE Tagging for 15WXX -2015 Week XX which is genuine. As of 2016 mfg onwards, the CE tag has been removed entirely..

Awesome price too..Malaysia has a large population..your supplier might have purchased a Large container to get the "Cabbage Prices " :p

Enjoy :)

I have both H/W variations (2 lefts Black/White 2015 TYPE: AG-0500 & AG-0501 Mfg 2015, Right TYPE: AG-0501 - Mfg 2017 without CE Tags, except 2019/2020 with the straight 3.5 mm Audio jack which I will be ordering in another bulk purchase if my MO has demand for it
Hi brian, thanks for the info.

Mine doesn't come with the extra ear tips and the clip, but I guess I should just deem mine as authentic for peace of mind...haha.

Btw, I just realize there is watermark on the CE tag when see it with handphone torch light.

70cVL9.jpg

Watermark picture found on the review of same seller.

Mine:
Front with single big 1264-8132
Rear with array of small 1264-8132

Can anyone here help to check if the fake CE tag has the watermark too?
If the fake one has watermark, I'm extremely impressed by the immitation efforts based on the selling price :scream:

Last edited:
May 21, 2020 at 10:07 PM Post #1,296 of 2,543

70cLEU.png

The seller has these few Sony products, too bad most of them were sold out, only MH750 and MH410C left.

Mine doesn't come with the extra ear tips and the clip, but I guess I should just deem mine as authentic for peace of mind...haha.

Btw, I just realize there is watermark on the CE tag when see it with handphone torch light.

70cVL9.jpg

Mine:
Front with single big 8132

My fake mh755 had the watermark. The date and s/n didn't match.

Built another MMCX mh755 with my legit black pair.

IMG_20200520_123425.jpg
IMG_20200520_124823.jpg
IMG_20200520_125832.jpg
IMG_20200520_141917.jpg

Last edited:
May 21, 2020 at 10:30 PM Post #1,298 of 2,543

70cLEU.png

70cVL9.jpg

Mine:
Front with single big 8132

If the fake one has watermark, I'm extremely impressed by the immitation efforts based on the selling price :scream:
Checking on his product ranges ..he's an authorised Sony Dealer in Malaysia , so its very high chance the MH750 you received are genuine , especially in most cases the fakes I recieve comes without the 2 Solder Dots & A/B sound testing failed

Btw Steganographic Water Marks are a known practise in Manufacturing Batch tracing regardless of whether item is fake or not..

Last edited:
May 23, 2020 at 12:02 AM Post #1,299 of 2,543
hope that is not correct :astonished: just in case my 14 pair of the 750' are not what they seem to be, I picked up two pair of the MDR-EX155AP':wink:

Last edited:
May 23, 2020 at 12:50 AM Post #1,300 of 2,543
hope that is not correct :astonished: just in case my 14 pair of the 750' are not what they seem to be, I picked up two pair of the MDR-EX155AP':wink:
I have gone through fakes & genuine, about 25 - 35 units, 4 different manufacturing periods & 3 hardware Types & can confirm the 2 solder dots MH Series are all genuine..its not rocket science, you will know also just by hearing the Sound signatures of it..it is extraordinary compared to the fakes, and confirm that all non solder dots (2 small eyes) are fake

Last edited:
May 23, 2020 at 2:22 AM Post #1,301 of 2,543
Checking on his product ranges ..he's an authorised Sony Dealer in Malaysia , so its very high chance the MH750 you received are genuine , especially in most cases the fakes I recieve comes without the 2 Solder Dots & A/B sound testing failed

Btw Steganographic Water Marks are a known practise in Manufacturing Batch tracing regardless of whether item is fake or not..
i see.

Hi, what's your opinion on MDR-EX155AP vs MH750/MH755?

just curious because MDR-EX155AP, MDR-EX255AP, and MDR-XB55AP are around in the same price range.

Last edited:
May 23, 2020 at 3:24 AM Post #1,302 of 2,543
i see.

Hi, what's your opinion on MDR-EX155AP vs MH750/MH755?

just curious because MDR-EX155AP, MDR-EX255AP, and MDR-XB55AP are around in the same price range.
Sorry I can't help you there. I have never had the MDR EX155,255,55 before. Just the MH750s and MH755s. Just google/search the model number you want to know about and add the word reviews on the end and see what you get...

May 24, 2020 at 1:20 AM Post #1,303 of 2,543
My fake mh755 had the watermark. The date and s/n didn't match.

Built another MMCX mh755 with my legit black pair.

Nice! Would you mind telling me where you got those MMCX connectors from? Did you have to widen the hole with these connector? I can see you didn't need a nut to fasten the connector in place - did you use glue instead or just friction fit? I plan to do the mod myself soon. Wanted to buy a MMCX female that would allow me to do as easily as possible

It would be great if you could link me to any instructions you used as there are a few out there.

Last edited:
May 24, 2020 at 11:16 AM Post #1,304 of 2,543
I'm new to all this so just wondering if it normal that my MH750 don't get as loud as my other IEM's like KZ ZS10 Pro or CCA C12?

Need to crank up the volume on my source with the MH750 to get same volume I get with other IEM's.

I also tried my non-modded MH750 and they are also low volume compared to my other IEM'S... Sounds like these are low volume IEM's by nature?

May 24, 2020 at 1:09 PM Post #1,305 of 2,543
Nice! Would you mind telling me where you got those MMCX connectors from? Did you have to widen the hole with these connector? I can see you didn't need a nut to fasten the connector in place - did you use glue instead or just friction fit? I plan to do the mod myself soon. Wanted to buy a MMCX female that would allow me to do as easily as possible

It would be great if you could link me to any instructions you used as there are a few out there.

I've been using these ones. Option 'b'.
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/33035633031.html

With any size MMCX you can't use the nut. The driver bottoms out against it and won't clip back together.

I enlarge the hole a bit using a precision round file, towards the opening so I don't remove material from the back of the housing. I finish the hole and size it by hand with a 3.5mm drill bit (meaning I twist the drill bit by hand). Then tap the hole to M4 x .5mm thread. Once soldered I use a bit of epoxy to make sure there is no chance of pulling the connectors out when disconnecting a cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back