Sony budget earphone discussion thread (MH750, MH755, MH1C, EX300, etc)
Nov 23, 2019 at 7:48 PM Post #931 of 2,543
These would be fakes yeah? When I questioned the eBay seller about the white filters, they said that these came with the MW600 and sent me this link with an unboxing.
https://maizizi.pixnet.net/blog/post/31583263-3c-•-sony-mw600-hi-fi-立體聲藍芽耳機

Those look like the ones we got that certainly do not sound like fakes and the drivers looked like they should.

10343607.jpg

My recabled one sounds great.

R0015326.JPG

Nov 23, 2019 at 7:52 PM Post #933 of 2,543
Thanks! They sound good to me but I wasn’t sure with that white nozzle ring. Thanks for clarifying

You are the one that helped clarify it for me by sharing that link. Thanks.

Nov 23, 2019 at 8:03 PM Post #934 of 2,543
Nov 23, 2019 at 8:05 PM Post #936 of 2,543
Is that black MH755 or black MH750?

Mine is the MH755 and it has that same nozzle. Remember I showed you before. At the time I did see references to one like that that came with certain devices.

Nov 23, 2019 at 8:58 PM Post #937 of 2,543
Mine are black (SBH50)
IMG20191124025555.jpg

Nov 23, 2019 at 9:18 PM Post #938 of 2,543

It’s technically fake, but some of the fakes don’t sound all that bad.

Now that you have a fake black one, if you truly want a genuine black MH755, you can just order a genuine white MH755 and swap everything over to the black shell you have.

Nov 23, 2019 at 11:45 PM Post #939 of 2,543
Most black ones out there are fakes. It is always a safer bet to go with white ones when buying. Till now all the white ones i got from aliexpress were original by slaters checklist, also sound consistently similar (unmodded).
Also now on second thoughts, if anyone thinks the mh755 is a little veiled, they can go for a shell swap with a metal one, given you have the foam to control the treble and a good amount of patience. Also a good selection of tips. Its still a hit or miss, but surely there will be more treble out of this mod, mostly a bit too much.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2019 at 12:30 AM Post #940 of 2,543

Now that you have a fake black one, if you truly want a genuine black MH755, you can just order a genuine white MH755 and swap everything over to the black shell you have.

Ah, so they are fake. Thought as much. They do sound okay though. Thanks for clarifying.

I’ve got 2 genuine white ones already which I’m happy with. I just bought this black one on the off chance that it would be genuine.

Nov 24, 2019 at 7:30 AM Post #941 of 2,543

How is it a fake when it originally came with a Sony device?

When we showed you a photo of the driver you said it was real

Nov 24, 2019 at 8:50 AM Post #942 of 2,543
How is it a fake when it originally came with a Sony device?

When we showed you a photo of the driver you said it was real

Back when I was looking for a genuine black MH755 a while ago, I had asked a seller about the black MH755 they had. They flat out told me that the ones they had were “not original Sony but were good quality copies”. They had that unmistakable white fabric nozzle filter with the needle hole poked through the very center.

On another occasion, I ordered another (supposed genuine) black MH755 from a seller, whose product photos showed the all-black nozzle filters (like the true genuine should have). But what I actually received was different from the listing photos. I received the one with the white filters with the hole poked in the center. When I disassembled it, it was definitely an obvious fake.

Nov 26, 2019 at 5:52 PM Post #945 of 2,543
Hi, sorry if I'm out of order asking this here, is there someone in the UK who could help in performing a cable swap on a pair of MH755s for me?

I've done a few of these now, all of them have worked, except for the one where I burned the plastic shell with the soldering iron which changed the shape and prevented it from closing up again. Don't do that. The steps are easy: remove the old cables and attach the new ones. There, two steps, easy peasy.

For more detailed steps, the following should work:

1. Get a soldering iron and solder.
2. Turn iron on.
3. Remove tips, separate shells. I use the dull "knife" on a nail clippers in the shell hole and twist and/or pull gently. Don't increase the hole size.
4. Fasten the shell to a clamp, or if you have three arms, hold it. Don't burn yourself.
5. Put now-hot soldering iron against soldered wire. When hot enough, remove old wire. Do for each.
6. You now have a driver with no wires. Untie the knot from the wire and remove the shells and tension sleeves.
7. You should now have two each of shells and tension sleeves. Throw the useless wire in the trash.
8. Sometimes it's easier to remove the tension sleeve from the shell by pushing it up and through.
9. THIS STEP HELPS IMMENSELY - spray WD40 through each sleeve using the long red straw attachment. Do this outside so you don't get it all over your carpet.
10. Thread new DIY wire through small shell hole then pull out through big hole.
11. Push DIY wire through each sleeve, narrow-end first, eventually pulling it through the large end with the flat side. This will be much easier if you did step 9.
12. Tie end of DIY wire into a knot. This is part art: don't leave too much wire left after knot to solder or it won't fit in shell. 1/4" works.
13. Solder colored wire to red solder point of driver (it may be blue). Solder other wire to non-colored solder point.
14. Step 13 works better if you have a clamp or a third arm. Tinning wire is your friend. Step 14 can require patience, esp for the 2nd wire.
15. Repeat on other driver and its two wires.
16 Push shell up over sleeve, pulling sleeve into shell so that the flat part rests in ridge. You'll need the space.
17. Pull shell-sleeve assembly up towards knot, making it rest as far down as you can.
18. You now have two wires about 1/4" long separating your sleeve-shell and driver. Try to close shell by gently putting wires in what little space remains in shell.
19. When this fails, and it will, twist shell a little bit and see if wire fits now. Push shell and driver together until you get a satisfying click.
20. Turn iron off.
21. Save your L tips for me.
22. Enjoy the best earphone $3 can buy.

I'm doing this from memory, so if I skipped a step, I'll go back and edit. Easiest steps to forget are 10 and 12

Users who are viewing this thread

Back