Sony/B&W/HTC/AKG/Sennheiser/MISC Thread
Oct 23, 2017 at 9:07 PM Post #1,006 of 1,526
mirai which means future in japanese is what sony calls its newer design.

Im saying I might wait for that to come out. but The nokia 8 and HTC11 are also very impressive too. and the nokia 8 while nto the bleeding edge provides great value because you can get it for 550 USD and its great overall performance.

Oh ok.

Oct 23, 2017 at 9:11 PM Post #1,007 of 1,526
does anyone here use in ear headphones? Im thinking about upgrading to 100 dollar mark but i dont' know what to get. I'm having trouble finding a good one thats wired and overall package of quality. Because with wireless its a no brainer sony.

Oct 23, 2017 at 10:14 PM Post #1,008 of 1,526
does anyone here use in ear headphones? Im thinking about upgrading to 100 dollar mark but i dont' know what to get. I'm having trouble finding a good one thats wired and overall package of quality. Because with wireless its a no brainer sony.

I can suggest a couple I have on my "running list" on Amazon. None of which I've ever tried, but I included them based on reviews, etc.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KB9K9Z0/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I25Q6Y07DTKPT8&colid=1A8RN6F641F1I

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LLXG6QQ/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I28U3MO19Q92TO&colid=1A8RN6F641F1I

I've read reviews on the Meze ones that say they sound just like the 99 Cs except on a smaller scale.

If the ear tips aren't comfy on either, try Comply ear tips. Though with the Mezes maybe try a diff brand than Comply as one reviewer said they come with Comply ear tips already and it changes the sound. I dunno. lol

Check the reviews on both, then decide. Lemme know what you get and if you like it.

Oct 23, 2017 at 10:17 PM Post #1,009 of 1,526
mirai which means future in japanese is what sony calls its newer design.

Im saying I might wait for that to come out. but The nokia 8 and HTC11 are also very impressive too. and the nokia 8 while nto the bleeding edge provides great value because you can get it for 550 USD and its great overall performance.

how is your v30. Its definitely a great phone and LG really outdid everyone else on maximizing internal space better than any other company coming close to the sony z3. IT doesnt waste any space and the battery life is great.

let us know everything about it. is the audio quality way better than the 10? how is LG's software and UI design

Oh ok. Cool.

See my posts above to stenog about the V30, but yeah............I'm EXTREMELY happy with this phone!!

The software and UI seem fine to me. The Settings menu is a BIT like Samsung's in that it's split up where I prefer it more like HTC's where it's all on one long page, but other than that it's fine. Def not as confusing as Samsung's tends to be.

Oct 24, 2017 at 10:35 AM Post #1,010 of 1,526
the meze ones look interesting but i'm not sure of their reputation for this stuff. I've heard good stuff about 1drive.

on a second note i've been ignoring the focal sphears. While I know focal makes like the best speakers in the world right now I didn't take them seriously when it came to their first attempt at in-ear headphones. But they seem to be getting really good reviews.

im just not sure i can trust them since their expertise is in speakers and not headphones.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2017 at 11:07 AM Post #1,011 of 1,526
So my research has led to a couple of earphones in the 100 dollar or below range. you guys can check them out yourself too if you're looking for any.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ELAM8L...k0e-20&ascsubtag=pfb-P01-V01-O3-X44-HI-98N4W0

Focal Sphear (first from focal)

Pioneer SE-CH9T

Beyerdynamics Byron rated by whathifi as the best budget for 50

Soundmagic E10c

https://www.whathifi.com/sony/mdr-ex650ap/review

https://www.whathifi.com/sennheiser/momentum-m2-iei/review

these are on my list so far. Idk why so many sony premium earphones are sold out you can't find them aynwhere. I heard good things about the XBA series of earphones from sony.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2017 at 2:11 PM Post #1,012 of 1,526
the meze ones look interesting but i'm not sure of their reputation for this stuff. I've heard good stuff about 1drive.

on a second note i've been ignoring the focal sphears. While I know focal makes like the best speakers in the world right now I didn't take them seriously when it came to their first attempt at in-ear headphones. But they seem to be getting really good reviews.

im just not sure i can trust them since their expertise is in speakers and not headphones.

Ok. Then go with the 1Drive ones! It certainly is the more popular one on Amazon too.

Yeah that's a tough one. Like when I got my mom the Harman-Kardon CLs, I thought they would be great per What Hi-Fi?'s strong review of them. But actually they were not as they were on-ear, which sux too. Sound was very good but not great from what I remember, though I only paid $85 for them when they were originally like $250. Ended up selling those after 1 year as she said she didn't find them comfortable anymore. H/K is awesome at speakers, but apparently they need to work a little more on their headphones.

Oct 24, 2017 at 2:13 PM Post #1,013 of 1,526
So my research has led to a couple of earphones in the 100 dollar or below range. you guys can check them out yourself too if you're looking for any.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ELAM8L...k0e-20&ascsubtag=pfb-P01-V01-O3-X44-HI-98N4W0

Focal Sphear (first from focal)

Pioneer SE-CH9T

Beyerdynamics Byron rated by whathifi as the best budget for 50

Soundmagic E10c

https://www.whathifi.com/sony/mdr-ex650ap/review

https://www.whathifi.com/sennheiser/momentum-m2-iei/review

these are on my list so far. Idk why so many sony premium earphones are sold out you can't find them aynwhere. I heard good things about the XBA series of earphones from sony.

Yeah RHA make some really well-rated earphones, though usually pricey too (I think they have one that's like $1000? lol). Those Sony ones I've seen b4 too.........they look really nice as well! Well let me know what u get and it sounds great I'll prob add it to my list.

I do find it impressive though that the Sonys scored even higher on What Hi-Fi? than the RHAs did.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #1,014 of 1,526
Ok. Then go with the 1Drive ones! It certainly is the more popular one on Amazon too.

Yeah that's a tough one. Like when I got my mom the Harman-Kardon CLs, I thought they would be great per What Hi-Fi?'s strong review of them. But actually they were not as they were on-ear, which sux too. Sound was very good but not great from what I remember, though I only paid $85 for them when they were originally like $250. Ended up selling those after 1 year as she said she didn't find them comfortable anymore. H/K is awesome at speakers, but apparently they need to work a little more on their headphones.
I would actually buy the meze over the 1drive since you rated their headphones highly and they look nice.

I trust whathifi as long as other reviews also support their reviews you know what im saying? LIke if all other reviews are saying great things and whathifi says great things then i know 100 percent sure its great IE sony wireless. But you definitely have to double check.

as far as i can tell even on amazon the focal sphears are really good for a first attempt. Imagine their second and third attempt Focals might nail down everything not just speakers.

Yeah RHA make some really well-rated earphones, though usually pricey too (I think they have one that's like $1000? lol). Those Sony ones I've seen b4 too.........they look really nice as well! Well let me know what u get and it sounds great I'll prob add it to my list.

I do find it impressive though that the Sonys scored even higher on What Hi-Fi? than the RHAs did.

The sony ones look awesome. I wish other companies paid attention to design like that. but they are a bit outdated now as I think newer sony earphones are better but i haven't heard of any right now.

the Pioneers on the list are also really hihgly rated even in this thread https://www.head-fi.org/threads/pioneer-se-ch9t-premium-in-ear-headphones.857460/ people are saying great things as well.
Definitely check these out these might be underrated.

Oct 24, 2017 at 4:45 PM Post #1,015 of 1,526
I would actually buy the meze over the 1drive since you rated their headphones highly and they look nice.

I trust whathifi as long as other reviews also support their reviews you know what im saying? LIke if all other reviews are saying great things and whathifi says great things then i know 100 percent sure its great IE sony wireless. But you definitely have to double check.

as far as i can tell even on amazon the focal sphears are really good for a first attempt. Imagine their second and third attempt Focals might nail down everything not just speakers.

The sony ones look awesome. I wish other companies paid attention to design like that. but they are a bit outdated now as I think newer sony earphones are better but i haven't heard of any right now.

the Pioneers on the list are also really hihgly rated even in this thread https://www.head-fi.org/threads/pioneer-se-ch9t-premium-in-ear-headphones.857460/ people are saying great things as well.
Definitely check these out these might be underrated.

Yeah me too. lol The Meze 99 Classics' sound signature is incredible.

I'm the same. But I would take their review over most (if not all) other pro reviewers because I usually end up agreeing with their take on various headphones that I've tried. I'd still though listen to other pro reviewers and user reviews too, just to keep myself open-minded. Sometimes though you have headphones like the Oppo PM-3 or the AT M50X that get HIGHLY reviewed all over the place, but still end up disappointing. In the end, you have to accept that you'll never REALLY know for sure unless you try 'em out yourself. lol

Yes I dunno on the newer Sony earphones. I haven't put much time or attention on IEMs anyway, but I still wanted to have a section on my running list for variety's sake.

Yeah those Pioneers look REALLY nice! AND they have detachable cables which is a plus! But they are a bit over $100, so that's up to you if you wanna spend the extra $15 or not. If so, then I'd go for those. If not, then yeah get the Meze 12 Classics (or Sony ones?) and let us know either way what comes of it.

Oct 25, 2017 at 2:14 AM Post #1,016 of 1,526
Yeah me too. lol The Meze 99 Classics' sound signature is incredible.

I'm the same. But I would take their review over most (if not all) other pro reviewers because I usually end up agreeing with their take on various headphones that I've tried. I'd still though listen to other pro reviewers and user reviews too, just to keep myself open-minded. Sometimes though you have headphones like the Oppo PM-3 or the AT M50X that get HIGHLY reviewed all over the place, but still end up disappointing. In the end, you have to accept that you'll never REALLY know for sure unless you try 'em out yourself. lol

Yes I dunno on the newer Sony earphones. I haven't put much time or attention on IEMs anyway, but I still wanted to have a section on my running list for variety's sake.

Yeah those Pioneers look REALLY nice! AND they have detachable cables which is a plus! But they are a bit over $100, so that's up to you if you wanna spend the extra $15 or not. If so, then I'd go for those. If not, then yeah get the Meze 12 Classics (or Sony ones?) and let us know either way what comes of it.
yup so i usually listen to other people like you who i trust. So if a review from whathifi is good and many other say its good it reinforces the positive review even more.

there are definitely those overrated ones you have to be wary of and there is a lot.

if i can get those pioneers for 100 it might be game. i might go for those they seem like a legit effort from pioneer.

Oct 25, 2017 at 2:37 AM Post #1,017 of 1,526
yup so i usually listen to other people like you who i trust. So if a review from whathifi is good and many other say its good it reinforces the positive review even more.

there are definitely those overrated ones you have to be wary of and there is a lot.

if i can get those pioneers for 100 it might be game. i might go for those they seem like a legit effort from pioneer.

Yeah.

Yes there are.

IF you can. The cheapest I saw on Amazon was like $112. If it were me I'd just pay the extra $12-$15 and be done with it. My biggest issue with IEMs in the past was the cable going bad. But with these being detachable, I feel that they're less likely to break. Just sayin'. lol

Oct 25, 2017 at 6:47 PM Post #1,018 of 1,526
Yeah.

Yes there are.

IF you can. The cheapest I saw on Amazon was like $112. If it were me I'd just pay the extra $12-$15 and be done with it. My biggest issue with IEMs in the past was the cable going bad. But with these being detachable, I feel that they're less likely to break. Just sayin'. lol
its definitely a huge plus especially at this price range. Its also a japanese brand so its highly likely it will be good quality.

detachable cables should be standard on anything above 50 dollars.

know anything about brainwavz?

Oct 25, 2017 at 6:53 PM Post #1,019 of 1,526
its definitely a huge plus especially at this price range. Its also a japanese brand so its highly likely it will be good quality.

detachable cables should be standard on anything above 50 dollars.

know anything about brainwavz?

Yeah I agree.

$50? I dunno about that. Seems to me more like $100+.

No I don't for their IEMs (only HM5 for headphones, though never actually tried them), except that they make GREAT ear pads! lol (see second update from my most recent review)

Oct 25, 2017 at 7:11 PM Post #1,020 of 1,526
Yeah I agree.

$50? I dunno about that. Seems to me more like $100+.

No I don't for their IEMs (only HM5 for headphones, though never actually tried them), except that they make GREAT ear pads! lol (see second update from my most recent review)
its the first thing that breaks tbh it should be common. either that or make a cable that doesnt break.

with that said my sony mh750 are the longest lasting pair of earphones i've had so far that came out of the box with something.

check this out https://www.androidcentral.com/end-headphone-jack-rise-audiophile he is an audio phile who puts the xz1 as top of the line along with htc11 and lgv30.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back