Sony Announced NWZ-A820 series.....finally 16GB Sony DAP's
Apr 15, 2008 at 12:53 AM Post #259 of 477
I picked up the NWZ-A729 as a small video player (I have the Kenwood HD60GD9EC for audio) since it has a decent screen and good battery life. So far so good.

Heads up on the accessories - the Sony Style stores don't have them yet, and it appears that not all of them will be released here in the USA. I ordered the clear plastic case (CKH-NWA820) from Japan off of a dealer in Japan. It seems like the best way to go - no screen protector needed to prevent accidental scratches.

The leather case is only going to come in black here in the USA (white is an option in Japan), and on the Sony Style site, they only list the white silicon case. Ironically, since I don't have the clear case yet I wanted something to protect it in the mean time.

Lo and behold, I was in Best Buy and they not only had a case - the silicon one - but it was the black one.

So if you need a case right now, head over the Best Buy ... not Sony.

Apr 15, 2008 at 9:02 PM Post #263 of 477
...and I love it love it love it! This little thing is amazing sounding. I sprung for the NWZ-A829 with bluetooth because I have the Sleek SA6's which are supposed to get bluetooth options in the future, and that will be a great match I'd bet.

But man is this little player fantastic so far. Many happy listening days ahead I can tell.

-Cheers.

Apr 15, 2008 at 9:13 PM Post #264 of 477
cn11, where did you get yours from? I've had mine on preorder for about 2 weeks now. I was under the impression that that specific model is on back order both by sony and by any other store that carries it. Thanks!

Apr 15, 2008 at 9:32 PM Post #265 of 477
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...and I love it love it love it! This little thing is amazing sounding.

Trekstor Vibez R.I.P!!
biggrin.gif

Apr 15, 2008 at 10:43 PM Post #267 of 477
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Trekstor Vibez R.I.P!!
biggrin.gif

You found me out!!!
cool.gif

Apr 15, 2008 at 10:44 PM Post #268 of 477
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bull Moose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
cn11, where did you get yours from? I've had mine on preorder for about 2 weeks now. I was under the impression that that specific model is on back order both by sony and by any other store that carries it. Thanks!

I just went to the local Sony Style store in the mall here in St. Louis, and it was in stock. I think they have the A729 too, but I decided on the bluetooth version. Hope you find one!

-Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back