Sony already researching a multi-core PS4
Dec 30, 2009 at 11:46 PM Post #32 of 36
It may not be a full 10 years, but close to it. The PS2 released in 2000 lasted till late 2006. It's not unimaginable for the PS3 to last for quite a while as well.

Dec 31, 2009 at 12:01 AM Post #33 of 36
Umm seeing I have 8 threads doing SFA on my pc, I fail to see how anyone could be arsed to make games truly multicore. Just saying dude.

Don't even compare the cell processor in the PS3 to the xbox or a pc. Totally different thing.

Dec 31, 2009 at 1:06 AM Post #34 of 36
If the rumor is true, Sony seems to be learning something. Though I do wonder what symmetric multicore CPU architecture will do to PS3 backwards compatibility. Something tells me Sony would have an easier time implementing Xbox 360 backwards compatibility than PS3 backwards compatibility.

Dec 31, 2009 at 8:55 AM Post #36 of 36
Planning to build my own PC when my income returns, probably gonna spend about $1500 on it, hoping it'll last me at least two years. My roommate has had an 8800GTX in his comp since it was released and he's always been able to run pretty well everything except Crysis on max settings, so I have high hopes for the GTX275 I plan to get
tongue.gif
The PS3 and 360 still have a place for me though, as I mentioned above. I don't see the PS4 being too relevant in conversation right now if it's not supposed to be out for another decade
wink.gif
It's interesting to think about, but until some actual details are released it's not very interesting to talk about IMHO
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back