Sony already researching a multi-core PS4
Dec 30, 2009 at 11:57 AM Post #16 of 36
I'll just point out Sony's massive loss and they aren't looking at bringing out a PS4 for a LONG TIME.

It's not like they are making much money from the PS3 anyway thanks to the aggressive xbox 360 pricing.

Dec 30, 2009 at 12:25 PM Post #17 of 36
The 360 should be next to free considering how high the fail rate is.

Dec 30, 2009 at 12:30 PM Post #18 of 36
Things should be much better with jasper. Anyways, such high failure rates aren't good but I do know people with launch xbox 360s which still work.

[I don't own either console]

Dec 30, 2009 at 12:37 PM Post #19 of 36
I own a PSwii (Ps3 and wii).

The 360 is completely useless for me; not only are most of its best games on the PC, but most of its best exclusives are shooters. Who plays shooting games on a console? I mean seriously - I honestly do not understand the appeal for this.

I'm sure its great, but you know... totally useless to me.

TBH this gen of consoles has been pretty meh for me. Gaming has started to be about graphics more so than heart for me these days (I still prefer older games). The wii is a little different, but its so full of shovelware you have to wade in pretty deep to get a decent game beyond the basics.

As a side note, I used to rack up considerable hours on consoles, howver this gen ive found that I've spent more time using bluray on the PS3 than touching any of them

Dec 30, 2009 at 12:44 PM Post #20 of 36
Lots of people play fps on consoles. I CANNOT play if my life depended on it. Gimme a mouse and keyboard kthanx

As we brought up in the COD:MF2 thread, good games are harder to come by. Still, there are tonne of great games in 2009 with borderlands being my fave. Funnily enough, the game I play the most is CS:S.

Since I have a decent pc and enjoy pcs, there isn't a real reason for me to get a console until the PS3 falls to 300 or something [bluray player]. Yes consoles are what smart people do to play games but pc stuffages isn't just for games, more like a hobby. Can't you just stick with your ibuds? Same deal.

Dec 30, 2009 at 12:49 PM Post #21 of 36
ps3 has mgs4 and uncharted 2, those 2 are enough reason to buy the ps3. and all that talk about the processor; if you've played uncharted2 you wouldnt be bothered 'cause it NEVER loads during the game, only before it starts.

Dec 30, 2009 at 12:51 PM Post #22 of 36
pcs are just too expensive for me too maintain anymore, and steam etc has pretty much finished me playing games on it

also, games consoles atm are a no for me too, the 360 has no bluray, and the ps3 i dont get on with, and most important, £40 a game.. too much!

i rarely play any games anymore now :/

Dec 30, 2009 at 12:52 PM Post #23 of 36
One of my co-workers is absolutely ridiculous at console FPS. I, on the other hand, would destroy him with a mouse any day.
tongue.gif
CoD:MW2 is one of the better console shooters. I got decent at on 360 it but I believe I've reached the point where I need to use a mouse to improve at that game. I picked up Left 4 Dead 2 in Steam last night, that game is good fun. I looooooove killin' zombies
biggrin.gif

I live in a house with five other people. between us we have two Xbox 360s, three PS3s (two fat and one slim), and one Wii. The Wii is little more than a paperweight around here, with the 360s seeing the heaviest usage. PS3s are mainly for watching Blu-Rays (as I did tonight with Inglorious Basterds, bitstreaming the DTS-HD Master track from the PS3 Slim). We've been lucky, none of our 360s have failed, though I know plenty of people whose have (two are waiting on replacements from MS right now). Actually, the power brick in one of the 360s failed, but we had a spare to use until the replacement arrived.

Currently, there are both a fat and slim PS3 in my room along with a 360. Used the fat PS3 to play Valkyrie Profile 2 and the slim to watch Blu-Rays. 360 is for Guitar Hero/Rock Band (I am the Guitar Hero, by the way
biggrin.gif
)

Dec 30, 2009 at 5:45 PM Post #24 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Al4x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
pcs are just too expensive for me too maintain anymore, and steam etc has pretty much finished me playing games on it

also, games consoles atm are a no for me too, the 360 has no bluray, and the ps3 i dont get on with, and most important, £40 a game.. too much!

i rarely play any games anymore now :/

Funny- Steam is exactly the reason that I don't play console games anymore. Steam's pretty stable now (i.e., it doesn't crash 24x7).

Same for me on the PS3, there's just something about it that I don't like. Dad owns one as a Bluray player and I almost forget it's even there. I've played a few demos on it and that's it. It might be the controller, it might be the overall experience- something about that console just turns me off.

Dec 30, 2009 at 6:21 PM Post #25 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by MCC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Funny- Steam is exactly the reason that I don't play console games anymore. Steam's pretty stable now (i.e., it doesn't crash 24x7).

Same for me except that I have not owned a console since the PS1, but Steam has boosted my PC gaming in a positive sense with as I agree (at least for me) a stable service, easy in and out, no disks etc.

And not to say the recent holiday sale as well as the ongoing christmas sale (I just got Max Payne I-II combined for under 4 Euros).

As for the topic of the thread I was into getting a console and move away from PC gaming, but I have decided to stay on PC until PS4 so this is interesting, but if it will take until 2013 until we actually see the next console generation I doubt I will be to enthusiastic, I prefer mouse and keyboard by far over gamepads, and since I recon my finaces will improve since I am a student now and that computers are not so expensive anymore in my opinion then I won`t leave the PC platform I guess, but I will consider getting a console for soccer and racing games.

Dec 30, 2009 at 9:25 PM Post #28 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonhapimp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can we stay on topic please
this isn't suppose to be a ps3 vs xbox thread...
PS3 is better anyways...

Ah yes, I see your point. This definitely isn't a PS3 vs. Xbox thread.
wink.gif

Dec 30, 2009 at 9:26 PM Post #29 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonhapimp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can we stay on topic please
this isn't suppose to be a ps3 vs xbox thread...

Considering the old PS3 vs. Xbox argument has been beaten to death a million times anyway, it's probably the least interesting thing this thread could have degenerated into.

I would assume that all prevalent future video game systems would be designed with a multi-core processor, aside from perhaps the Wii HD if it ever surfaces. Sony would be wise to not get too exotic with the processor architecture to keep the devs from complaining. As long as they trademark it and give it a mysterious name, fanbois will have something to brag about
wink.gif

Dec 30, 2009 at 11:12 PM Post #30 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by MomijiTMO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lots of people play fps on consoles. I CANNOT play if my life depended on it. Gimme a mouse and keyboard kthanx

As we brought up in the COD:MF2 thread, good games are harder to come by. Still, there are tonne of great games in 2009 with borderlands being my fave. Funnily enough, the game I play the most is CS:S.

Since I have a decent pc and enjoy pcs, there isn't a real reason for me to get a console until the PS3 falls to 300 or something [bluray player]. Yes consoles are what smart people do to play games but pc stuffages isn't just for games, more like a hobby. Can't you just stick with your ibuds? Same deal.

The PS3 slim is 299 here in the States.
smily_headphones1.gif
Need "someone" to ship one to you?
tongue.gif

The future of gaming consoles does seem to be multi-core. However, Sony has said that the PS3 is probably going to be around for 10 years before any glimpse of a PS4. We'll just have to hope that tech will drop in price by then or we'll be looking at a gaming console twice the price of the PS3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back