Sonnet Digital Audio: New kid on the block, well.. not really!
Feb 26, 2022 at 10:03 AM Post #1,022 of 1,507
Everyone keep in mind that it was brand new unit so it can only sound better. Pasithea was always on.

Feb 26, 2022 at 10:07 AM Post #1,024 of 1,507
I did not notice a lighter sound compared to Morpheus, it may be deceptive as Pasithea has a clearly higher resolution.

Feb 26, 2022 at 10:11 AM Post #1,025 of 1,507
I did not notice a lighter sound compared to Morpheus, it may be deceptive as Pasithea has a clearly higher resolution.
You kind of said it in a different way when you said it was polite.

I’ve yet to find any DAV that as it gets into more detail, resolution, transparency, doesn’t lose weight and body. I think it’s mutually exclusive, unless that’s why there are $50,000 DAC’s.

You could follow this trail with Metrum/Sonnet.
In order of losing base quantity and weight:

Pavane DAC2 chip > Pavane DAC3 > chips, Morpheus > Pasithea

Feb 26, 2022 at 10:23 AM Post #1,028 of 1,507
I aggre that Morpheus have little more body but i think is fair trade off in Pasithea.
That’s what I’m saying as well. I also think that my comment above it is more noticeable with headphones as it’s more intimate. Maybe in speaker set up the Pasathea May give an overall better presentation.

Feb 26, 2022 at 10:34 AM Post #1,029 of 1,507
The listening sessions were made by the Metrum Ambre streamer and I2S connection. At the beginning I connected Cleary Mg and honestly, Pasithea did not sound much better than Morpheus. Everything changed after connecting the Abyss 1266 and I immediately rolled off the seat. I was attacked with a lot of details, but presented in a very polite way, so far I did not think that the R2R DAC could provide so much detail, it heard more than on the Morpheus. Pasithea sounds with great resolution, at the beginning I had to get used to such a wide range of frequency. The treble is more distinct, detailed, higher, juicy, at first I thought there were too many of them, but quite quickly I got used to it and I started to like the sporany a lot. The midrange is poetry, melodic, organic, that's just great. The bass also got a kick, in my opinion it is a bit stronger and has more dynamics, this is perfectly audible on the Abysses. The soundstage has been slightly widened as well as the holography has been improved. Unfortunately, in order for Patishea to shine as much as possible, you need to buy a very good headphone amplifier, headphones and also have good quality music. As for the disadvantages, I can only mention the same appearance as Morpheus and that it is noticeably hotter. For the last year I listened to such DACs as Holo May KTE or Chord Dave but for myself I would take the Sonnet product, sonically I think that it is equal to Dave and the price / quality ratio of Pasithea is just great, it is an audible improvement in relation to Morpheus.
Great write-up. And speaking of "very good headphone amplifiers," do you think my Niimbus US4 will cut it? I use it with the Morpheus and the Susvara as well as the TC and I think they all rock well together. I hope the Pasithea will take the lot to a whole new level. I have also been considering the KG CFA3, but that is another story. I have to say that either way, the Pasithea has really piqued my interest and has currently brushed aside the Holo May as my own personal "Queen of the hill," but I need to hear it.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2022 at 8:33 AM Post #1,035 of 1,507
I think Pasithea with Enleum 23r will be "jizz in my pants" combo, Enleum have even more body and weight than Niimbus, for Morpheus i recommend stay with Niimbus.
I have the Bakoon 13R and desperately want to pair it with the Pasithea, sadly it seems like there is no clear timeline as to when Pasithea will be more readily available. Curious if anyone who is closer to Cees may have more concrete info on this to be shared?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back