Sonnet Digital Audio: New kid on the block, well.. not really!
Jul 17, 2020 at 3:37 PM Post #110 of 1,507
They are some other entity entirely
Cees was the one who would respond to email whenever we connect with Sonnet. Many of us have backed Morpheus as it was his project. I hope he continues his association with Sonnet

Jul 17, 2020 at 3:49 PM Post #111 of 1,507
Cees was the one who would respond to email whenever we connect with Sonnet. Many of us have backed Morpheus as it was his project. I hope he continues his association with Sonnet

This was what I was sent;

Dear Ken

Cees is moving at the moment. We have to find out the right course for both brands so hopefully we know this in a couple of months. The most important thing is the support for existing customers which is guaranteed now.

Jul 18, 2020 at 12:16 AM Post #112 of 1,507
Jul 27, 2020 at 8:35 PM Post #113 of 1,507
Okay, so one more time, I have the option to trade up my approximately 2 year old Onyx for a Morpheus, with the Onyx valued at $1550 in the transaction, which means I shall have to shell out $1649 for the Morpheus. Does this sound like a good deal?

Incidentally, how much better does the Morpheus sound as compared to the Onyx? I know sound quality deltas cannot always be accounted for in $$$ signs, especially, with due consideration given diminishing returns in margins of improvement. But I hope that does not mean we can no longer recognize a good deal when we see one. There are those who place the Morpheus in the same league as the Pavane L3 and the Adagio. If that is indeed true, then it seems this trade-up deal will be a good one. I have never seen nor heard a Morpheus, but having owned a Hex, and then this Onyx, I feel quite confident that I would like it... Still, I wouldn't mind hearing the impressions of someone who has been able to compare the morpheus to an Onyx, or someone who can provide me with impressions of the Morpheus that would enable me either to firm up my option to buy it, or shelve the idea of the Morpheus entirely, and retain the onyx

Jul 27, 2020 at 8:41 PM Post #114 of 1,507
Okay, so one more time, I have the option to trade up my approximately 2 year old Onyx for a Morpheus, with the Onyx valued at $1550 in the transaction, which means I shall have to shell out $1649 for the Morpheus. Does this sound like a good deal?

Incidentally, how much better does the Morpheus sound as compared to the Onyx? I know sound quality deltas cannot always be accounted for in $$$ signs, especially, with due consideration given diminishing returns in margins of improvement. But I hope that does not mean we can no longer recognize a good deal when we see one. There are those who place the Morpheus in the same league as the Pavane L3 and the Adagio. If that is indeed true, then it seems this trade-up deal will be a good one. I have never seen nor heard a Morpheus, but having owned a Hex, and then this Onyx, I feel quite confident that I would like it... Still, I wouldn't mind hearing the impressions of someone who has been able to compare the morpheus to an Onyx, or someone who can provide me with impressions of the Morpheus that would enable me either to firm up my option to buy it, or shelve the idea of the Morpheus entirely, and retain the onyx

I had the Pavane Level 3, got the Morpheus for 2 weeks and compared both to each other. I kept the Morpheus and sold my Pavane.

You shouldn’t even be debating this unless you don’t want to spend the money.

Jul 27, 2020 at 9:32 PM Post #115 of 1,507
sahmen said:

I think it's a good deal as pre-owned Pavane L3s are going for well over what you're paying for the Morpheus. I've never read that that the Morpheus sounds worse than the Pavane L3.

Let us know your thoughts; like what sounds better on the Morpheus.

I miss my old Pavane L3 and my replacement Sagra, thankfully, is similar sounding: smooth and natural; easy to listen to for hours...but it has a nasty buzzing sound that is driving me crazy...

CJ

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2020 at 4:47 AM Post #116 of 1,507
People change from Pavane or Adaggio to Morpheus so changing Onyx to Morpheus is no brainer to me.
I think Morpheus is my end-game dac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back