Sonnet Digital Audio: New kid on the block, well.. not really!
Apr 29, 2020 at 4:23 AM Post #61 of 1,507
I can tell you this. Bass is the most important thing to me. Hence my Abyss 1266 TC. I would not have sold the Pavane if the bass was better than the Morpheus.

Btw, I had purchased the Morpheus directly from Cees. So I had a chance to email him back and forth during the trial period. He told me that after the above review, he sold out of all of his stock.
What this Alpha Audio guy has to say about the Morpheus is also worth noting, especially, since he does a short, but interesting, comparison of the Morpheus and the Adagio/Pavane toward the end of the review:

Apr 29, 2020 at 9:49 AM Post #62 of 1,507
What this Alpha Audio guy has to say about the Morpheus is also worth noting, especially, since he does a short, but interesting, comparison of the Morpheus and the Adagio/Pavane toward the end of the review:

I agree with his comparisons. I find that sometimes reviewer’s talk about a component, and when I listen to it I don’t hear it the way they do. I usually chalk it up to different components, cables, etc. However his comments regarding the enveloping soundstage, and detail and cleaner sounding is what I found as well. Normally when I hear someone say that a component is cleaner sounding I worry that it may also mean that it lacks body or it is clinical and analytical sounding. However I did not find this the case at all. It’s still have the same basic tonality, and musicality, but less congested sounding than the Pavane.

May 29, 2020 at 3:19 PM Post #63 of 1,507
I'm just testing Morpheus and its a great DAC.
Compare to my IFI Pro IDSD it has more warmth but is more musical, faster, better detali, resolution, and better soundstage with awesome holo.
I just love it!

May 31, 2020 at 6:59 AM Post #66 of 1,507
Yeah, but Metrum not :wink:
For me Morpheus is great even on coaxial input, today i will be testing fresh instaled I2S!

Jun 1, 2020 at 3:08 PM Post #67 of 1,507
Im testing I2S vs Coax and i don't hear much of a difference.
Maybe because im using LAN cable form box and for Coax i've got very good cable.

Jun 5, 2020 at 5:56 AM Post #69 of 1,507
Morpheus is amazing DAC!
The layering, imaging, soundstage is top notch!
Beautiful tone!
20200605_115009_HDR.jpg

With every hours i hear more difference compared to my Pro IDSD, i hear details which i never heard before!
It's my TOTL DAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back