Sonnet Digital Audio: New kid on the block, well.. not really!
Feb 16, 2020 at 2:42 PM Post #31 of 1,504
Thanks for that. Seems you can overload the system if using a few times - Chrome back working too.

Feb 29, 2020 at 1:53 PM Post #32 of 1,504
Besides the Morpheus, the next model is already in the pipeline: Hermes (I believe Roon Certification is in progress).

D3C60B19-5374-49B0-A269-8D4E939E5EA1.jpeg

Feb 29, 2020 at 5:03 PM Post #33 of 1,504
@Cees Ruijtenberg : Is there a link to a site where we can get more information about the Hermes streamer? Also does "Advanced Streamer" mean that the Hermes is more advanced than the Metrum Ambre? Thanks.

Mar 1, 2020 at 12:57 PM Post #35 of 1,504
@Cees Ruijtenberg : Is there a link to a site where we can get more information about the Hermes streamer? Also does "Advanced Streamer" mean that the Hermes is more advanced than the Metrum Ambre? Thanks.
Hi, I thought somewhere “it is designed to better the Ambre” was mentioned. But unfortunately I can’t find the quote at the moment..

For Facebook users I can recommend connecting with Cees, he frequently shares Sonnet and Acelec related insights and progression. (When I see interesting Sonnet developments I share it over here).

Mar 6, 2020 at 6:27 PM Post #37 of 1,504
The Hermes has appeared online, more info over here:
https://www.sonnet-audio.com/Hermes.html

I like “At Sonnet Digital Audio we do not believe in “taking prisoners”, hence the choice to provide our clients with an open platform.”
Looking forward to see the final internal pics and price.

It sound very much like an Ambre sibling or clone, although I am not necessarily complaining about that. I just want to know whether there is something that would make it perform better than an ambre, and I may be all over it. Of course, the price too would count as well.

Mar 11, 2020 at 12:54 PM Post #38 of 1,504
My favorite thing about the Morpheus so far is the remote. Solid metal, beautiful finish, super convenient volume control (!). Sounds nice, too.

Mar 11, 2020 at 1:12 PM Post #39 of 1,504
My favorite thing about the Morpheus so far is the remote. Solid metal, beautiful finish, super convenient volume control (!). Sounds nice, too.
We want more info....:)

Mar 11, 2020 at 7:27 PM Post #40 of 1,504
I’m glad it sounds nice too - that’s always a good bonus :)

Mar 23, 2020 at 2:07 AM Post #42 of 1,504
not here, but elsewhere in the interweb, I'm sure you can guess and 6moons makes references.
It seems to fair very well and perhaps comes out on top, wins the form factor for me.

This blew up my speakers in a very good way. Soundstage just bloomed in all directions and details were much more audible. Lovely tone.
High powered music microscope.

Previously used a Matrix Xsabre pro, which I still miss. Lovely dac. But the Sonnet is just better. Best? Who knows. End game for me,
And yep, that remote. Solid aluminum halves screwed together. Was confuzzled by no battery compartment, Still am for the matter, I did take a look inside and nope, no battery that I can see. I am sure there's an explanation. Just not stressing over it.

Mar 23, 2020 at 11:27 AM Post #44 of 1,504
I’ll know soon enough. I have a Pavane Level 3 which I love, and my Morpheus is supposed to be delivered on Wednesday. I ordered it direct from
Cees in the Netherlands.

I hope I love it. I’ll let you know.

Well, I can't wait to read your impressions, but I'll say this. If the Morpheus gets to equal, not to mention, prove superior to, the SQ of the Pavane level 3, I would have to consider that achievement to be a demonstration of unparalleled epic Cees wizardry. Not that I do not already have 100% confidence in the expertise and skills of Cees, from his previous accomplishments, but it is precisely because topping out 100% in any category of achievements does propel one instantly into the sphere of magic and legends. So let the review come as soon as you're ready. You might even inspire me to sell my Onyx, as a first move in planning for the Morpheus if the latter turns out to be as good as it promises to be. Onward and upward.

Mar 23, 2020 at 11:34 AM Post #45 of 1,504
I hoping it gives me the same tonality, but just more detail. I don’t want it to stray into being detailed but thin sounding. If not, it’s going back. I already love my Pavane. I was looking to see if I can even better that.

Cee told me that this was going to be the natural progression if he was still at Metrum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back