Sonicweld/Cryo-Parts Diverter 96/24 USB to SPDIF Review
Oct 16, 2009 at 2:20 PM Post #241 of 318
Ah, why do you have to bring me down like that JayDee?!?!
wink.gif

Well, regardless of the version I'm still enjoying this beautiful little box.

Oct 16, 2009 at 3:25 PM Post #242 of 318
Quote:

Originally Posted by santacore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wink.gif

Well, regardless of the version I'm still enjoying this beautiful little box.

John, you deserved to be brought down if you don't share the Diverter with the rest of us at the next meet.
wink.gif

Oct 16, 2009 at 5:53 PM Post #243 of 318
Quote:

wink.gif

Sorry!
redface.gif
Wasn't trying to squish your enjoyment at all, just trying to put it in context for everyone else here. The gen2 is still terrific, don't get me wrong, but the gen3 is better. The very latest version, with all the tweaks, it what is going into the Decoder.
atsmile.gif

Oct 16, 2009 at 7:55 PM Post #247 of 318
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1117 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whaaaaaaa...? When is that one scheduled for release?

The Decoder is a DAC, and has a Diverter built-in, essentially. It also has a top-flite headphone amp (and yes, there will be a version without the headphone drive, as people have asked about that). Should be coming out shortly, but can't say exactly when for sure.

Oct 16, 2009 at 8:23 PM Post #248 of 318
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think it's being held on November 21 in Orange County. You could send it to me and I can bring it with me since I'm not bringing any other gear.

How about your new B22? Will it be done by then?

If we get caught up on back orders, I will send one to you to take to the meet. However, don't count on it as some reviews will be hitting soon which will probably move the back orders out even further.

Peace,

Lee

Oct 16, 2009 at 8:34 PM Post #249 of 318
Quote:

Originally Posted by guitarplayer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about your new B22? Will it be done by then?

If we get caught up on back orders, I will send one to you to take to the meet. However, don't count on it as some reviews will be hitting soon which will probably move the back orders out even further.

Peace,

Lee

No, the B22 is a large project which I don't have the funds to complete at this point. I'm hoping by Xmas that it's done. The board work is basically all done. 3 Custom transformers are being ordered from Plitron (2 for the sigmas and 1 for the other power supplies), DACT C2-4 attenuator, Bent Audio motor drive with remote control, 3 separate power supplies for the motor drive and LEDs on each chassis plus of course the dual sigma 22. But the majority of the expense is going to be in the two completely custom machined chassis with laser etching from anodized layers (based on the Coda CS amp) which I am working on the design for now. All the jacks will be recessed in domed cavities and mounted from behind the face plate. It will be absolutely gorgeous when its done and look like a store bought piece. (I'll probably have to sell the Phoenix first to fund most of that.)

Oct 16, 2009 at 10:41 PM Post #251 of 318
Quote:

Originally Posted by JayDee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
a top-flite headphone amp

Has there been any discussion on the type of Headphone Amp that will be in the Decoder? It's also balanced, correct? I've been out of the country and I am just getting back on Head-fi Thanks.

Oct 16, 2009 at 11:05 PM Post #253 of 318
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Millheim /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has there been any discussion on the type of Headphone Amp that will be in the Decoder? It's also balanced, correct?

Hey Dan - this much I can say at this point: it is solid-state, DC-coupled, and fully balanced throughout; that is, there are separate amps for the positive and negative signal phases. Implementation-wise, all of the points I made about how the Diverter was done will also be implemented here (grounding, multilayer boards, importance of power supplies, extremely short signal paths, bypass capacitance, etc.). Should have enough current capability to drive anything on the planet to satisfying levels.

Oct 16, 2009 at 11:16 PM Post #254 of 318
Quote:

Oh the Decoder is a full DAC?

Yup, full balanced preamp / DAC / amp with .25dB step volume control, a bevy of inputs, fully shielded / isolated power supply (all the benefits of an external supply, but with the extremely short power delivery path of an internal), selectable upsampling, special clocking - the works. Oh, and of course - the fully-machined (and, at least here, undoubtedly controversial) machined solid chassis.

Quote:

ok, I was beginning to think an upgraded Diverter was already in the works. Thanks for the info.

Something is ALWAYS in the works here!
biggrin.gif
But you'll be getting the very latest.

Oct 16, 2009 at 11:24 PM Post #255 of 318
Quote:

I'll be happy to bring the Gen.II Decoder if Lee and JayDee approve that. I'd be even happier to bring the Gen.III if available.
happy_face1.gif

I'd rather a Gen III makes it to the meet, we'll work toward that end. If it looks like the Gen III will be a no go, then we can talk about the Gen II you have making it there.

Peace,

Lee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back