Sonic Satori - HRT Levels the Field with the MicroStreamer
Nov 21, 2013 at 12:31 PM Post #676 of 1,216
OK, you've got my attention. Which HTC, and what player app are you using?

its the HTC One (M7) working fine with both 4.2.2 and the latest 4.3 update perfectly however volume control doesnt work, it seems to be either just full or off but full isnt too bad with the S adapter on a pair of ER4Ps. im on holiday at the moment but back at the start of dec, i work with phones and have access to almost every model there is so if you want me to test it for whatever you have let me know the model and ill check it, maybe we should keep a running compatibility list

edit

just adding info and noting that i missed mentioning player, it works with all players, my daily driver is poweramp butt ive used denon, neutron and spotify as well as stock samsung and htc and apollo as provided on cm roms, also a new tested working one: galaxy s4 (i9505) with CM10.1 working perfectly

Nov 27, 2013 at 5:44 PM Post #677 of 1,216
Could anyone comment on how this performs in comparison with the Schiit Modi in terms of sound quality (portability is not a factor)? I just need a good DAC for some easy to drive cans. 

Nov 27, 2013 at 8:55 PM Post #678 of 1,216
Which cans? It drives my DT770 32 ohm LE well enough for my tastes; a bit sharp in the treble but overall very good.

Could anyone comment on how this performs in comparison with the Schiit Modi in terms of sound quality (portability is not a factor)? I just need a good DAC for some easy to drive cans. 

Nov 28, 2013 at 3:38 AM Post #679 of 1,216
It's for the Fidelio X1. I'm wondering whether to get the Microstreamer or the Magni/Modi stack. I just wanted to know which setup is thought to give better sound quality on average, it's for home use so portability is not an issue. These two seem to be the most recommended in this price range but since the microstreamer is much smaller, I'm wondering if the SQ is still comparable to the desktop Magni/Modi?

Nov 28, 2013 at 5:30 AM Post #680 of 1,216
Which cans? It drives my DT770 32 ohm LE well enough for my tastes; a bit sharp in the treble but overall very good.

My HRT microstreamer drives my HD800 too. A bit sharp but overally it's perfectly listenable :) . What is odd/fun is I found my microstreamer too sharp as pure dac with my Corda Jazz but directly from the headphone output now, it's not unlistenable.

Maybe my ears are now more accustomed  or my memory is defective.  
redface.gif

Nov 29, 2013 at 11:48 PM Post #685 of 1,216
very good news my friends!!!

now s4 (i9505) can play high bit rate flac 24/96 by flashing omega rom v16 - xxuemk9 using default music app and hp-out!!!

yes!!!

however still no sound is coming-out when using my microstreamer dac :frowning2:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Dec 2, 2013 at 2:28 AM Post #686 of 1,216
thats odd as neither omega 4.3 or cm11 (4.4) work on the Note 2 (N7100 which works fine with stock 4.1.2) however they work perfectly on the i9505 for some reason, even when its running CM10, wonder why the note is so picky? that said at least the vol works unlike on the htc one, at the mo its ok but im stuck on 4.1.2 if i want to stick with this as my main phone, maybe its time i took the hit in screen and battery and swapped for an s4, i just dont want to end up carrying a 2nd battery everywhere like i did with the pre, i carry enough already without adding another essential item to the mix

Dec 2, 2013 at 12:42 PM Post #687 of 1,216
  It's for the Fidelio X1. I'm wondering whether to get the Microstreamer or the Magni/Modi stack. I just wanted to know which setup is thought to give better sound quality on average, it's for home use so portability is not an issue. These two seem to be the most recommended in this price range but since the microstreamer is much smaller, I'm wondering if the SQ is still comparable to the desktop Magni/Modi?

Honestly - and we all know I LOVE the microStreamer (hence the thread):
If you're not in need of portability: The Schiit stack ROCKS.

I'd actually look into the Schiit Vali if I were you.
We have some impressions here in our CanJam Report on Audio360.org

Dec 8, 2013 at 10:54 AM Post #688 of 1,216
The v moda m100's are the headphones for the micro streamer(6 moons review) i first had the dac magic xs(sounded more like a cd player/dac than the dragonfly) took it back, then i got the dragonfly(lifeless crap), it's going back quick smart tomorrow, i will have the micro streamer in the morning..fingers crossed, it should be good..by the way I have the lcd 3's with the adl esprit which are a very good pairing together!

Dec 9, 2013 at 1:18 PM Post #689 of 1,216
  The v moda m100's are the headphones for the micro streamer(6 moons review) i first had the dac magic xs(sounded more like a cd player/dac than the dragonfly) took it back, then i got the dragonfly(lifeless crap), it's going back quick smart tomorrow, i will have the micro streamer in the morning..fingers crossed, it should be good..by the way I have the lcd 3's with the adl esprit which are a very good pairing together!

YES.

The VMODA M-100s are a KILLER match for the microStreamer!!
I love that combo.

Wait til you see how it drives your LCD-3's!  I'm BLOWN AWAY at how good it sounds with the LCD-X (just far more efficient).
I wish I had the X when I first wrote the review/posted the thread!!

But - I still love that pairing anyway...

Dec 9, 2013 at 3:03 PM Post #690 of 1,216
  YES.

The VMODA M-100s are a KILLER match for the microStreamer!!
I love that combo.

Wait til you see how it drives your LCD-3's!  I'm BLOWN AWAY at how good it sounds with the LCD-X (just far more efficient).
I wish I had the X when I first wrote the review/posted the thread!!

But - I still love that pairing anyway...

Ending up getting the arcam r dac wireless version..it works with my iphone with free app and with the free wireless dongle works from my pc over wifi..i have it plugged into my xbox in the bedroom(pc's downstairs) with my sennheiser headset and it goes through my Cambridge audio amp and wharfedale speakers for watching youtube catch up tv..it's much better than the other two dongles(dacmagic xs and dragonfly) by a long margin..not harsh sounding and the sound stage is much bigger with separation of instruments and you can hear things that you couldn't here before..peoples voices when they are talking on youtube are much more natural sounding..it's just a much better sound altogether..glad I got it now..this one definitely won't be going back! P.S my lcd3's and adl esprit are in the loft plugged into my MacBook pro with pro tools for making music..i have a Cambridge audio 851 amp and cd player in the living room with grado ps1000's and performance six speakers that I listen back to my recorded tracks with!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back